The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Default Broncos/Niners in London

Halloween night, per the Post.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

LINK
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...

Hmmm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Good that we are getting the extra exposure, but I'm concerned about jet lag and scheduling issues that could happen because of it.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

I wonder whose home game it is.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The NFL will announce that the Broncos will traval to London on Sunday, Oct. 31, to face the San Francisco 49ers as a part of the NFL's International Series.

"The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL's International Series," Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen said. "Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special.

"It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

The game will be played at Wembley Stadium at 11 a.m. MST (5 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the game in the United States.

Denver's game against the 49ers marks the fourth time the NFL has hosted a regular-season game in the United Kingdom with the previous three contests played before sellout crowds. The league has held one regular-season game in London each season beginning in 2007.

Including regular-season games played in London (3), Toronto (2) and Mexico City (1), the Broncos-49ers contest represents the seventh international regular-season game in NFL history.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. "I'm excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm.

"The previous games in London have had a playoff-like atmosphere to them, so that's always a good thing to play in that type of an environment. We'll be ready for the challenge."

The Broncos have played seven international games in club history, including once in London during the preseason -- falling to the Los Angeles Rams 28-27 on Aug. 9, 1987.

Denver's game against the 49ers was set to be an away game, so the club will continue to host eight regular-season games at INVESCO Field at Mile High during the 2010 season.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
I wonder whose home game it is.
49ers

If it was a Denver home game, **** that.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

we will break off 2 pounds in that country
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
TheDave
Sauced...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9765

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The NFL will announce that the Broncos will traval to London on Sunday, Oct. 31, to face the San Francisco 49ers as a part of the NFL's International Series.

"The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL's International Series," Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen said. "Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special.

"It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

The game will be played at Wembley Stadium at 11 a.m. MST (5 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the game in the United States.
Denver's game against the 49ers marks the fourth time the NFL has hosted a regular-season game in the United Kingdom with the previous three contests played before sellout crowds. The league has held one regular-season game in London each season beginning in 2007.
Including regular-season games played in London (3), Toronto (2) and Mexico City (1), the Broncos-49ers contest represents the seventh international regular-season game in NFL history.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. "I'm excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm.
"The previous games in London have had a playoff-like atmosphere to them, so that's always a good thing to play in that type of an environment. We'll be ready for the challenge."

The Broncos have played seven international games in club history, including once in London during the preseason -- falling to the Los Angeles Rams 28-27 on Aug. 9, 1987.

Denver's game against the 49ers was set to be an away game, so the club will continue to host eight regular-season games at INVESCO Field at Mile High during the 2010 season.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Too bad Jay still isn't on the team, I'm sure he'd love to get hammered in London.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Glad it's not one that was "slated" to be a home game, I don't think I could make it across the pond with the RV.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
worm

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Do teams get paid extra for this? Share the gate at the higher capacity stadium et al?

Curious if this is a bone for Bowlen as a way to make more money since we can't seem to do it the old fashioned way....by making the playoffs.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #12
worm

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Glad it's not one that was "slated" to be a home game, I don't think I could make it across the pond with the RV.
You are so not a True Fan!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I'm curious what the week after looks like, are we home or on the road
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #14
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Do teams get paid extra for this? Share the gate at the higher capacity stadium et al?

Curious if this is a bone for Bowlen as a way to make more money since we can't seem to do it the old fashioned way....by making the playoffs.
Don't think so, only thing it guarantees is that both will have their bye the next week (and I'd bet each will be home the week before).
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Too bad Jay still isn't on the team, I'm sure he'd love to get hammered in London.

oh don't worry, we got this
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #16
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

it will be a sunday 11am kickoff

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
it will be a sunday 11am kickoff

We're ****ed. We already have a east coast curse, and this is another 6-7 hrs further east in BlimeyLand.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Damnit, couldn't they play in Toronto instead? I could actually go to that game, now I am sure my best friend who is still in Europe and a huge 49ers fan will go - and god help me what kind of abuse I will take if we lose.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Damnit, couldn't they play in Toronto instead? I could actually go to that game, now I am sure my best friend who is still in Europe and a huge 49ers fan will go - and god help me what kind of abuse I will take if we lose.

Toronto is closer to Denmark than England??
Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Happy Happy Days
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

God damn it. I was targeting SF as the away game I would go to next year.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Toronto is closer to Denmark than England??
Since that one particular incident...Gylden is no longer allowed in england.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Playing outside the US is gay. The NFL makes more then enough money from the fans right here in the states and this is our game. Let them keep their stupid soccer. American football is best appreciated and demonstrated right frickin here.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #24
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

We should be good. San Fran has a longer trip and an extra time zone on us. We also will have the Bye week the following week, which is cool. The Bad thing is the trip over, not the trip back. I remember being wide awake at 3 am and died tired before 5pm. The trip back was simple, I just stayed awake on the plane and until it was night.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Anything that creates an excuse to see Broncoblue's avatar again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote