The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Dumervil and Clady making all-pro

We have 2 all-pro 1st teamers this year in Dumervil at OLB with Ware and Clady with Joe Thomas at OT.

Go Ryan and Elvis. Hopefully the first of many for Elvis. 2nd year Clady makes the All-pro team he was a 2nd teamer last year.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Nice....

WTG D00M & BG!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Dawkins was named 2nd team All-pro.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wow, those are incredible honors. Congrats to Clady and Doom. Personally, I thought Clady struggled this year, more than last, but this is a great award for him none the less. Hopefully it boosts his confidence even higher than it already was.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

WR- 8 WRs received votes, Marshall and Vincent Jackson were both last with 2 votes
OT- Clady was 1st with 30 votes, Thomas had 18, Roos and Long both had 12
OLB- Dumervil had 46 votes (out of 50 possible)
S- Sharper had 46, Adrian Wilson 29, Dawkins had 10, and Reed was next with 4

No one else received votes.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

I'm not surprised Clady is the best tackle in the business.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Wow, those are incredible honors. Congrats to Clady and Doom. Personally, I thought Clady struggled this year, more than last, but this is a great award for him none the less. Hopefully it boosts his confidence even higher than it already was.
Clady did struggle a bit this year, but he is still a formidable force on that LT position.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Bob's late. Where's the gif of Hali pushing past Clady?
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The postseason individual honors continue to pile up for the Broncos.

Outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil and left tackle Ryan Clady on Thursday were named to the Associated Press All-Pro first team, marking the fifth time in the past 20 years that the Broncos have had multiple make the exclusive team. Both players made the All Pro team for the first time.

Safety Brian Dawkins was a second-team All Pro.

Dumervil led the NFL with 17 sacks, including 11 sacks on third down. Clady, who made the team in only his second year in the NFL, has been regarded as one of the league's premiere left tackles since early in his rookie season.

"I think I'm really thankful and honored to be recognized as one of the best at my
position," Dumervil said Thursday. "I'm blessed. It shows that hard work pays off."

The Broncos were one of seven teams with multiple players on the first team, along with Minnesota (RB Adrian Peterson, G Steve Hutchinson, DE Jared Allen and DT Kevin Williams), Indianapolis (QB Peyton Manning, TE Dallas Clark, DE Dwight Freeney), New Orleans (G Jahri Evans, S Darren Sharper), Dallas (DT Jay Ratliff, DE DeMarcus Ware) New York Jets (CB Darrelle Revis, C Nick Mangold), and Cleveland (T Joe Thomas, KR Josh Cribbs).

Tennessee running back Chris Johnson, who rushed for more than 2,000 yards this season, was the only unanimous selection on either offense or defense.

The All Pro team is selected by a panel of 50 media members, and does not designate separate teams for the AFC and NFC.

Denver cornerback Champ Bailey, voted to his ninth Pro Bowl this season, was left off the first- and second-teams despite not allowing a touchdown this season — while often shadowing the opponent's top receiver.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0ccK4Vjdg
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Denver cornerback Champ Bailey, voted to his ninth Pro Bowl this season, was left off the first- and second-teams despite not allowing a touchdown this season — while often shadowing the opponent's top receiver.
Is it me or do great players in their 30s have to fight a stigma that they are over the hill even though there has been little dropoff in their play?

When Champ was selected to the Pro Bowl this year, I read posts from other fans that remarked it was an undeserving honor and that Bengals CBs Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall were more deserving. A Raider fan at work told me that Champ's selection was phony. The term "old" is used more frequently these days when Champ is mentioned among his place of great cornerbacks.

Bailey had a hell of a year this season! He certainly wasn't on Revis' or Woodson's level, but he is still a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback in the very least.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

BREAKDOWN OF THE VOTING

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis, 36½; Drew Brees, New Orleans, 12½; Philip Rivers, San Diego, 1.

Chris Johnson, Tennessee, 50; Adrian Peterson, Minnesota, 17; Ray Rice, Baltimore, 12; Steven Jackson, St. Louis, 9; Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville, 6; Thomas Jones, NY Jets, 3; DeAngelo Williams, Carolina, 1.

Leonard Weaver, Philadelphia, 24; Le'Ron McClain, Baltimore, 14; Lousaka Polite, Miami, 9; Lawrence Vickers, Cleveland, 1; Tony Richardson, NY Jets, 1.

Dallas Clark, Indianapolis, 25½; Antonio Gates, San Diego, 10½; Vernon Davis, San Francisco, 9; Jason Witten, Dallas, 4; Heath Miller, Pittsburgh, 1.

Andre Johnson, Houston, 44; Wes Welker, New England, 20; Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis, 12; Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona, 8; DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia, 6; Miles Austin, Dallas, 6; Vincent Jackson, San Diego, 2; Brandon Marshall, Denver, 2.

Ryan Clady, Denver, 30; Joe Thomas, Cleveland, 18; Michael Roos, Tennessee, 12; Jake Long, Miami, 12; Jason Peters, Philadelphia, 5; Jon Stinchcomb, New Orleans, 5; Bryant McKinnie, Minnesota, 4; Michael Oher, Baltimore, 4; David Stewart, Tennessee, 3; Vernon Carey, Miami, 2; Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati, 2; D'Brickashaw Ferguson, NY Jets, 2; Marcus McNeill, San Diego, 1; Willie Colon, Pittsburgh, 1.

Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota, 31; Jahri Evans, New Orleans, 28; Logan Mankins, New England, 12; Kris Dielman, San Diego, 9; Alan Faneca, NY Jets, 7; Chris Snee, NY Giants, 5; Leonard Davis, Dallas, 4; Carl Nicks, New Orleans, 3. Brandon Moore, NY Jets, 1.

Nick Mangold, NY Jets, 31; Andre Gurode, Dallas, 9; Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis, 8; Shaun O'Hara, NY Giants, 2.

Nate Kaeding, San Diego, 27; David Akers, Philadelphia, 11; Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland, 8; Rob Bironas, Tennessee, 1; Stephen Gostkowski, New England, 1; Jeff Reed, Pittsburgh, 1; Olindo Mare, Seattle, 1.

Joshua Cribbs, Cleveland, 45½; DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia, 3½; Percy Harvin, Minnesota, 1.

___

Jared Allen, Minnesota, 45; Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis, 36; Trent Cole, Philadelphia, 9; Julius Peppers, Carolina, 6; Robert Mathis, Indianapolis, 1; Andre Carter, Washington, 1; Randy Starks, Miami, 1; Will Smith, New Orleans, 1.

Jay Ratliff, Dallas, 29; Kevin Williams, Minnesota, 24; Darnell Dockett, Arizona, 23; Haloti Ngata, Baltimore, 14; Vince Wilfork, New England, 6; Pat Williams, Minnesota, 1; Casey Hampton, Pittsburgh, 1; Tony Brown, Tennessee, 1; Cullen Jenkins, Green Bay, 1.

Elvis Dumervil, Denver, 46; DaMarcus Ware, Dallas, 37; Brian Cushing, Houston, 5; LaMarr Woodley, Pittsburgh, 4; James Harrison, Pittsburgh, 3; Lance Briggs, Chicago, 3; Anthony Spencer, Dallas, 1; Shaun Phillips, San Diego, 1.

Patrick Willis, San Francisco, 49; Ray Lewis, Baltimore, 13; David Harris, NY Jets, 10; Jon Beason, Carolina, 9; Jonathan Vilma, New Orleans, 7; DeMeco Ryans, Houston, 4; London Fletcher, Washington, 2; Curtis Lofton, Atlanta, 2; D.J. Williams, Denver, 1; Jerod Mayo, New England, 1; Gary Brackett, Indianapolis, 1.

Charles Woodson, Green Bay, 48; Darelle Revis, NY Jets, 48; Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland, 2; Leon Hall, Cincinnati, 1; Asante Samuel, Philadelphia, 1.

Darren Sharper, New Orleans, 46; Adrian Wilson, Arizona, 29; Brian Dawkins, Denver 10; Ed Reed, Baltimore, 4; Nick Collins, Green Bay, 4; Jairus Byrd, Buffalo, 3; Bernard Pollard, Houston, 1; Antoine Bethea, Indianapolis, 1; Brandon Meriweather, New England, 1; Tyvon Branch, Oakland, 1.

Shane Lechler, Oakland, 48; Donnie Jones, Rams, 1; Andy Lee, San Francisco, 1.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
Conklin
Outlose, Outcry, Out1st

not a single vote for hillis? what an outrage!
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #13
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Clady did struggle a bit this year, but he is still a formidable force on that LT position.
I've been a big fan of his. I just wish he had more explosion at the point of attack on running plays and played with a little bit more of a meanstreak.

Not bad for his 2nd year as a pro though.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
Is it me or do great players in their 30s have to fight a stigma that they are over the hill even though there has been little dropoff in their play?

When Champ was selected to the Pro Bowl this year, I read posts from other fans that remarked it was an undeserving honor and that Bengals CBs Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall were more deserving. A Raider fan at work told me that Champ's selection was phony. The term "old" is used more frequently these days when Champ is mentioned among his place of great cornerbacks.

Bailey had a hell of a year this season! He certainly wasn't on Revis' or Woodson's level, but he is still a Pro Bowl caliber cornerback in the very least.
Look how well Woodson is playing at the age of 33. I see no reason to believe Champ won't play well at the age of 33 either.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
WR- 8 WRs received votes, Marshall and Vincent Jackson were both last with 2 votes
OT- Clady was 1st with 30 votes, Thomas had 18, Roos and Long both had 12
OLB- Dumervil had 46 votes (out of 50 possible)
S- Sharper had 46, Adrian Wilson 29, Dawkins had 10, and Reed was next with 4

No one else received votes.
According to the breakdown below, D.J. got a vote.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #16
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
The postseason individual honors continue to pile up for the Broncos.

Outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil and left tackle Ryan Clady on Thursday were named to the Associated Press All-Pro first team, marking the fifth time in the past 20 years that the Broncos have had multiple make the exclusive team. Both players made the All Pro team for the first time.

Safety Brian Dawkins was a second-team All Pro.

Dumervil led the NFL with 17 sacks, including 11 sacks on third down. Clady, who made the team in only his second year in the NFL, has been regarded as one of the league's premiere left tackles since early in his rookie season.

"I think I'm really thankful and honored to be recognized as one of the best at my
position," Dumervil said Thursday. "I'm blessed. It shows that hard work pays off."

The Broncos were one of seven teams with multiple players on the first team, along with Minnesota (RB Adrian Peterson, G Steve Hutchinson, DE Jared Allen and DT Kevin Williams), Indianapolis (QB Peyton Manning, TE Dallas Clark, DE Dwight Freeney), New Orleans (G Jahri Evans, S Darren Sharper), Dallas (DT Jay Ratliff, DE DeMarcus Ware) New York Jets (CB Darrelle Revis, C Nick Mangold), and Cleveland (T Joe Thomas, KR Josh Cribbs).

Tennessee running back Chris Johnson, who rushed for more than 2,000 yards this season, was the only unanimous selection on either offense or defense.

The All Pro team is selected by a panel of 50 media members, and does not designate separate teams for the AFC and NFC.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0ccK4Vjdg
Pretty sure Clady was 2nd team all pro as a rookie.
HILife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilife View Post
Pretty sure Clady was 2nd team all pro as a rookie.
He was.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Wes Welker 1st team All Pro? WTF
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
not a single vote for hillis? what an outrage!
I know right! I was kinda hoping McD would have gotten more consideration for Coach of the year as well. Oh well maybe next year.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote