The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default What's with all the reunions going on in the NFL?

Crennel and Weis to KC.

Kyle Shanahan and Bobby Turner to Washington.

Dennison to Houston.

I actually view that as negatives. I know that you want to implement your schemes with people you are comfortable with and have the same philosophies, but I also think it shows a lack of creativity. It would be better, IMO, to find people that you aren't comfortable working with, people that bring fresh ideas.

I am glad to see Dennison and Turner leave town for this reason. They were great coaches and I appreciate their time here. But we need to finish the transition to McDaniels and we need new blood. IMO.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler

"The Beast" From the east

Quote:
It would be better, IMO, to find people that you aren't comfortable working with,
You gotta be able to trust you have...
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Happens all the time. New coach brings in players and assistants hes worked with in the past, in part to help ease into the transition. The only time this became unacceptable and an issue as far as I know was when McDaniels brought in some of his guys. This was viewed as a genocidal purge of everything Shanahan. Meanwhile, Shanahan is doing the same thing in Washington, and hes being hailed as a clever sonofab****.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76 View Post
You gotta be able to trust you have...
I'll give you an example: Mike Nolan and Josh McDaniels. Josh could have taken the easy way out and hired some NE cast off. But he chose the best coach available even though they didn't have a working relationship.

Sometimes people you can "trust" won't be honest with you and won't push you to be a better person.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote