The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default Number One Recievers Who May Be Available

I just want to get a list of receivers who might be available to replace BMarsh.

I see that Antonio Bryant is unlikely to return to TB.
Of course, A. Boldin is perpetually available.

Who else?
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Pretty sure I don't want Antonio Bryant.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I hear Brandon Marshall could be had for a 1st rounder
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I still don't get how Boldin has ever been available in any world other than the made up one that is broadcast as ESPN. The Cardinals have never negotiated any trade offers and have rejected all trade offers they have gotten flat out.

Bryant is available but comes with a boatload of character issues.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I hear Brandon Marshall could be had for a 1st AND A 3RD rounder
Fixed it for you
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Bryant is available but comes with a boatload of character issues.
Only if he agrees to put the b****es in their place now and again.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No one we could get is half as good as Marshall. We would be pretty dumb to let him walk. At some point, we are going to have to realize that talent wins games. We won't win another SB until we start figuring out how to keep our talent around. It has been a problem for 10 years now.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
No one we could get is half as good as Marshall. We would be pretty dumb to let him walk. At some point, we are going to have to realize that talent wins games. We won't win another SB until we start figuring out how to keep our talent around. It has been a problem for 10 years now.
If we can replace him with a player that doesn't have his issues and is slightly less talented, but more motivated and wants to be here a la Wes Welker (not the most physically talented player).... That's a win.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

I say trade Marshall and our number one (Chicago's) to Detroit for Calvin Johnson
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

I don't understand the whole trade question with Marshall...am I wrong in thinking it would have to be a sign and trade. The draft picks that everyone is talking about are compensation for offersheets because he would be a Restricted Free Agent.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Dez Bryant, yes I know his agent is an ass, but I would take Crabtree too.....agent doesn't pad up and play.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Dez Bryant, yes I know his agent is an ass, but I would take Crabtree too.....agent doesn't pad up and play.
Neither does the player...until the mid point of the season >.<
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

what is so damn hard to get ? Marshal payed means a one of the best WR's in the league.

Before this year he gave it all every play .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
what is so damn hard to get ? Marshal payed means a one of the best WR's in the league.

This is all I needed to see.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #15
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Ok I'm an idiot,,,,,, what is with all the talk abotu us getting something for BMarsh? Isn't he a restricted free agent? He has no trade value correct? Someone please explain.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post

Nothing stopping him from b****ing out after he gets paid. If anything, it gives him more of a reason.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #17
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanhr9 View Post
Ok I'm an idiot,,,,,, what is with all the talk abotu us getting something for BMarsh? Isn't he a restricted free agent? He has no trade value correct? Someone please explain.
It all depends on what happens with the CBA I believe...if one thing happens hes a RFA if not hes a UFA. The only trade value he would have is a sign and trade. If hes an RFA then we have to tender an offer and that offer would set what picks we would get as reimbursement.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I think Steve Breaston is restricted, but the guy would put up great numbers if not behind Fitz and Boldin (as we saw this weekend).
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #19
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I wouldn't mind paying Marshall and keeping him around, but I also see the value of trading him to stockpile pile high picks in this draft. However Wide receiver is not one of our biggest needs if we lose Brandon.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I'd trade BM for a couple decent inside Olinemen and a bucket of chicken.

As for WR, I would not be suprised to see a convoluted three way where BMarsh goes to Wash/Balt/Jets and we end up with Boldin. I think Boldin is wearing his welcome in AZ as much as BM is here and AZ has shown itself to be just fine at WR without him.

I don't honetly see BMarsh going straight up for picks... maybe a decent WR and a 4th, but not straight up for a first and 3rd.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #21
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
I say trade Marshall and our number one (Chicago's) to Detroit for Calvin Johnson
Lets ask Detroit to **** us in the ass while we're at it too.

That's highway robbery.

A young two time pro-bowler for another similar player but also throwing in a 1st round pick Makes 0 sense.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #22
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Lets ask Detroit to **** us in the ass while we're at it too.

That's highway robbery.

A young two time pro-bowler for another similar player but also throwing in a 1st round pick Makes 0 sense.
You think BM and Johnson are similar?? Calvin is on another playing field.

That said, still wouldn't be worth it, but I wouldn't say highway robbery.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88129

WR

Brandon Marshall, Denver Broncos (26)
Even after a sluggish start to the beginning of the season, Marshall has rebounded well and increased his production over the recent weeks to put over 1000 yards and 9 touchdowns on the year with 86 catches. 200 yards and 2 touchdowns came on his record-setting 21 catches against the Colts in Week 14. Marshall has proven that no matter whose throwing him the ball, he’s one of the premier possession wideouts in the league. If he can maintain a good work ethic and stay clean off the field, Marshall has everything going for him. Because of some of those off the field issues, it’ll be interesting to see how much he actually makes because the Broncos don’t seem to be ready to cut him loose.

Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers (27)
After getting off to a sizzling start, Jackson had cooled off over a 4 week stretch (Week 10 through 13), totaling only 9 receptions for less than 150 yards and no touchdowns. Jackson redeveloped that deadly connection with Philip Rivers beating the Cowboys for 120 yards on 17 yards per catch. Jackson still has the size advantage to stretch the field vertically and become one of the premier wideouts in the league. His ability to out-jump and out-muscle defenders on high passes makes him a real red zone and deep ball threat. Jackson will see a big raise from his mid-round rookie contract, but if he can produce at an elite level again down the stretch and in the playoffs, like he did against the Cowboys, he can still attach a couple more million to his next contract. The Chargers do have a number of key contracts expiring at season’s end and could really use the relief of an uncapped year to retain all or most of them. With the chemistry he and Rivers have developed, Jackson should be at the top of the Chargers’ priority and it would be shocking to see him become an unrestricted free agent.

Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys (26)
With the season nearing an end, the Cowboys made a smart non-move in not extending Austin a mid-season offer, but will see his price substantially increase in the offseason. Austin has developed in the Cowboys go-to wide receiver and is about the only player capable of seriously stretching the field for the offense. Austin is looking at finishing with over 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns on his current pace, which includes four games in which he totaled only 80-some yards. If Roy Williams can develop into the player the Cowboys expected to get when they traded away a first round selection for him, Romo will have a pair of weapons to even further improve the offense that is already at franchise-record level in yards per game this year.

Braylon Edwards, New York Jets(27)
Edwards’ size brings a unique skill set to the Jets’ receiving corps opposite Jericho Cotchery, but has struggled with concentration and dropping balls as he did in Cleveland. The Jets gave up a considerable amount to land Braylon Edwards so it would be startling if they didn’t extend his stay in New York. Edwards has a winning combination working for him in New York with a promising young quarterback delivering him balls, a charismatic coach, and a team dedicated to winning ball games right now. If Edwards continues posting pedestrian numbers, the Jets will most likely look toward a more incentive-based deal.

Terrell Owens, Buffalo Bills (36)
Owens is as good as gone after this year. He’s kept quiet despite having a type of year (individually and collectively) that he’s been accustomed to. If TO can stay under the radar the rest of the year, he could open up more landing spots for this offseason, with a more competitive team. With Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback, Owen’s numbers have gone up and he’s shown that he can still be productive. Owens keeps himself in great shape and should still be able to produce given a healthy quarterback option, but it’s all the baggage that comes with this star WR that make teams shy away. So far, he’s done all of the right things this year off the field. He hasn’t ruled out a return to Buffalo and would also be open to returning to San Francisco where his career began.

Antonio Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (29)
Bryant may have cashed in a big check last year, but as I predicted, he hasn’t been able to give a repeat performance – not that it’s all Bryant’s fault with a lack of consistency from the quarterback and an arrhythmic offense in general. The Buccaneers have enough money to re-sign him and should be able to get a fair market price for him this season if he is open to a return to a team that is at the bottom of the league. With Josh Freeman in the lineup, Bryant’s numbers have improved and if he finishes the season strong, he could make a case for strong number two receiver contract.

Derrick Mason, Baltimore Ravens (36)
Mason is the consummate pro and as reliable a receiver as any in the league. He’s been a consistent 1000 yard receiver for his entire career and continues to hold that pace for this year at 35. If Mason decides that this year will not be his last, he’ll have an offer to re-sign with the Ravens who have struggled to match his production from any other receiver over the past seasons. If he has any place where he’s always wanted to play, this could be the offseason where he readies for his last hurrah.

Steve Breaston, Arizona Cardinals (27) – Restricted FA
Breaston won’t reach 1000 yards again this year, but has been productive out of the slot yet again behind Fitzgerald and Boldin. The Cardinals will look to keep him for at least this year under a restricted free agent contract. If he continues his impressive performance it could potentially signal the end of Boldin’s career in Arizona once they find an offer worthy of allowing the semi-disgruntled receiver to walk. Breaston is also a dangerous return man for the Cardinals.

Malcom Floyd, San Chargers (28)
Over the recent weeks, Malcom Floyd has been given more responsibilities, starting 6 of the last 7 games, in the Chargers offense and this lengthy, 6’5”, 225-pound receiver has delivered for the Chargers. Similar to Vincent Jackson, Floyd does a great job getting vertical down the sidelines to make grabs in single coverage. He uses his height and balance to come down with the ball more often than not. Floyd will be a full-time starting number two receiver next year either in San Diego or elsewhere.

Kevin Walter, Houston Texans (29)
Walter hasn’t been nearly as effective as last year, coming off an injury early in the year. For the Texans offense that hasn’t been short of scoring this year, it could be a good thing for the team. Keeping Walter under the radar could help them hang on to him at season’s end for a less competitive price. His size and style of play suggests that he should be a solid complementary receiver for a long time in the league.

Other Notable Free Agents:

Jason Avant, Philadelphia Eagles (27)
Davone Bess, Miami Dolphins (24) – Exclusive Rights FA
Mark Bradley, Kansas City Chiefs (28)
Isaac Bruce, San Francisco 49ers (37)
Chris Chambers, Kansas City Chiefs (32)
Mark Clayton, Baltimore Ravens (28)
David Clowney, New York Jets (25)
Ronald Curry, St. Louis Rams (31)
Domenik Hixon, New York Diego Giants (25)
Lance Moore, New Orleans Saints (27)
Muhsin Muhammad, Carolina Panthers (37)
Josh Reed, Buffalo Bills (30)
Brad Smith, New York Jets (26)
Bobby Wade, Kansas City Chiefs (29)
Kelley Washington, Baltimore Ravens (31)
Demetrius Williams, Baltimore Ravens (27)
Troy Williamson, Jacksonville Jaguars (27)
Jerheme Urban, Arizona Cardinals (29)
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #24
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

(pretend I quoted Heav's post here, but without reposting such a long list)

So...does anyone want to get Hixon back or what??
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
I think Steve Breaston is restricted, but the guy would put up great numbers if not behind Fitz and Boldin (as we saw this weekend).
yeah .... hes more a deep threat ..... we don't throw deep

thanks kyle.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote