The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Top ten most overrated video game Characters. Just for you Alec!

http://stars.ign.com/articles/976/976353p1.html

10. Donky Kong
9. Altair (Assassin's Creed)
8. Big Daddy (Bio Shock)
7. Pac Man
6. Kratos (God's of War)
5. Chris Redfield
4. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
3. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Lara Croft
1. Master Chief

Before most of you freak out and say "OMG WTF God's of war wuz TEH R0X0R!!!!!1!!!" this isn't how IGN and their viewers ranked the games, this how they ranked the characters.

The only one I don't agree with is Chris Redfield. He's not really featured as the face of the franchize as they suggest. Leon was plastered all over RE 4 and that was their most successful game to date. I get that as far as a character with depth he has little, but I don't think he's overrated because he's not highly rated.

Strongly agree with Fenix. I love GOW, but his character is cliched and cartoonish. In fact a lot of their characters are.

And Master Chief is the most overrated of all. He has no backstory, no relationships to speak of, no personality outside of the occasional wry comment in the heat of battle and we don't even know what he looks like. He's as bland a generic as they come.

I would like write in Cloud from FFVII. He's boring and whinny and doesn't have anything redeeming aside from his carrying a large weapon, which deep down you know is probably compensating for a tiny penis.

What do you think of the list? And I'm wondering if there is an underrated list out there too.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

OMG WTF Halo wuz TEH R0X0R!!!!!1!!!
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

I dont need a back story to love my favorite video game characters. Master Chief was sick
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Sonic? Sonic hasn't been rated since 93... how could he be overrated?

And as for Cloud... they always make the main character a p***Y... starting with Cecil and a continued tradition with Locke, Cloud and Tidus
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Love a good video game thread. I disagree with Sonic, Donkey Kong, and Pac Man.

In their day, who else was there? Anyways, I've never played Bioshock, GOW, and very limited Halo.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

THey forgot to add the jay cutler character on NFL 10
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,384

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Is Assassins Creed 2 better than the first?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
jebures
Ring of Famer
 
jebures's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,221

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default You guys are....

Neeeeerds!!
Attached Images
 
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Yes! Awesome.

The first comment on the article:

Quote:
Master Chief is not overrated. he is the most awesome character in the hole game world
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Yes! Awesome.

The first comment on the article:
that is awesome, and sad all that the same time
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I think Master Chief as a character is very intriguing. However, the Halo franchise is so ****ing overrated I'm sure that's what brought him down.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #12
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I think Master Chief as a character is very intriguing. However, the Halo franchise is so ****ing overrated I'm sure that's what brought him down.
much like CoD, they are just overdoing it at this point and will continue to ruin it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
much like CoD, they are just overdoing it at this point and will continue to ruin it
CoD actually has good gameplay though. Halo's gameplay is pathetic.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
CoD actually has good gameplay though. Halo's gameplay is pathetic.
I personally agree with you but CoD has always been my type of game over Halo
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #15
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I personally agree with you but CoD has always been my type of game over Halo
I've always thought Halo was a bastard child of COD/Rainbow Six and Unreal/Quake. Not fast enough to be a quake wannabe without much purpose but twitchy killing, and not mental enough to actually challenge someone like a realistic type shooter.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I've always thought Halo was a bastard child of COD/Rainbow Six and Unreal/Quake. Not fast enough to be a quake wannabe without much purpose but twitchy killing, and not mental enough to actually challenge someone like a realistic type shooter.
what I love is when I am playing MW2, finding the Halo players because they are jumping all over the place
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
THey forgot to add the jay cutler character on NFL 10
Haha was just coming here to post this. Repped.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,962

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Cloud's friend was murdered in cold blood saving him, he couldn't remember his past, and he was always the loser on the block. What the hell does he have to be happy about?

NEG REP FOR YOU! CLOUD IS THE SHIZ! (BTW, I haven't played video games really since 2004, but FF7 is one of the greatest games ever. AWESOME story.)
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Is Assassins Creed 2 better than the first?

Yes.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #20
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,594
Default

Totally agree with master chef on the list. I think halo is the most overrated been done franchise ever as well.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #21
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Sonic? Sonic hasn't been rated since 93... how could he be overrated?

And as for Cloud... they always make the main character a p***Y... starting with Cecil and a continued tradition with Locke, Cloud and Tidus
You know this is pretty true. They like to feminize their main characters in manginas.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #22
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Cloud's friend was murdered in cold blood saving him, he couldn't remember his past, and he was always the loser on the block. What the hell does he have to be happy about?

NEG REP FOR YOU! CLOUD IS THE SHIZ! (BTW, I haven't played video games really since 2004, but FF7 is one of the greatest games ever. AWESOME story.)
Stupidest story ever. We're fighting Shinra...but then there's this weird Caith Sith thing, who's really a fat guy at a computer...and we're surrounded by Japanese Cliche's and there's a meteor....and a mean guy with a big sword....and also Cloud's head hurts a lot and he can't remember....and also the ending sucks....or something.

Square was high when they wrote it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Stupidest story ever. We're fighting Shinra...but then there's this weird Caith Sith thing, who's really a fat guy at a computer...and we're surrounded by Japanese Cliche's and there's a meteor....and a mean guy with a big sword....and also Cloud's head hurts a lot and he can't remember....and also the ending sucks....or something.

Square was high when they wrote it.
It only got tons of publicity because people didn't read too much into it. Lol. Not to mention, it also got tons of rep because it had a breakthrough in graphics.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,767
Default

Bob Nelson of the Packers on Tecmo Super Bowl was overrated.

Best NT in the history of football video games!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #25
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Bob Nelson of the Packers on Tecmo Super Bowl was overrated.

Best NT in the history of football video games!
Its overrated in terms of how people see them, not their stats in the game. Reggie Bush last year takes the cake for that one.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Denver Broncos