The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Default For Gamblers--someone convince me that AZ can beat GB tomorrow

Hello fellow football gamblers,

GB(-1) @ AZ

GB throttled AZ in the 3rd pre-season game (38-10 Green Bay at the HALF) this year and then destroyed them last week as well (33-7). Domonique Rogers-Cromartie got hurt and is going to be half speed for this game. Plus Boldin is likely out......but Warner will be playing.

I realize that Charles Woodson got hurt last week too and that he may not be at full speed--but I just do not see anyway that AZ stays close to GB tomorrow.

Any betters on here taking Arizona? and if so, why are you?
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Arizona has not lost back to back games this entire year. They are the only team in football to do so. All I can think of.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

The fact that you just used a pre-season game as part of your 'handicapping' tells me everything I need to know.

3 units on AZ as a blind bf7 fade.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Green Bay +1 over Arizona
In the playoffs, it's notthe best team that wins, but the team playing the best. GB has won 7 of their last 8 (only loss was in last second at the Steelers) and their D has been dominant. They are first in the league in rushing D and 5th in passing D. A. Rogers has been playing well and will eat up the Cards pass d that is 23rd in the NFL. The Cards rush D is just as bad allowing 4.5 YPR (24tth). I don't take much stock into last weeks game becuase the Cards didn't play their starters the entire game, but I see the Pack winning this one.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
extralife
Ring of Famer

I don't bet, but I've been damn tempted to put cash on GB to win the super bowl at 18 to 1
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Your asking to lose money betting with AZ or betting against them. They can look like the best team in the league one week and the worst team in the league one week. Any outcome of this game tomorrow would not surprise me. Blowout for either team to close game.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #7
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
In the playoffs, it's notthe best team that wins, but the team playing the best. GB has won 7 of their last 8 (only loss was in last second at the Steelers) and their D has been dominant. They are first in the league in rushing D and 5th in passing D. A. Rogers has been playing well and will eat up the Cards pass d that is 23rd in the NFL. The Cards rush D is just as bad allowing 4.5 YPR (24tth). I don't take much stock into last weeks game becuase the Cards didn't play their starters the entire game, but I see the Pack winning this one.
the line is now GB (-2.5) @ AZ........Lots of $$$ being put on GB
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Arizona has not lost back to back games this entire year. They are the only team in football to do so. All I can think of.
I looked that up--they did beat Minnesota, JAX, CHI, DET and Houston after coming off of a loss.....the Houston game they very easily could have lost if not for a goaline stand---Minny has really been slumping, JAX was not playing well early this season, DET is DET and Chicago's pass defense was HORRID this year...playing right into AZ's offensive strength.

Good take though--made me think a little deeper......
Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #9
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
The fact that you just used a pre-season game as part of your 'handicapping' tells me everything I need to know.

3 units on AZ as a blind bf7 fade.
Genius--the 3rd pre-season game is a DRESS REHEARSAL for the regular season and carries A LOT MORE WEIGHT than the other pre-season games. You're welcome.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Your asking to lose money betting with AZ or betting against them. They can look like the best team in the league one week and the worst team in the league one week. Any outcome of this game tomorrow would not surprise me. Blowout for either team to close game.
way to take a stand.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
Genius--the 3rd pre-season game is a DRESS REHEARSAL for the regular season and carries A LOT MORE WEIGHT than the other pre-season games. You're welcome.
LMAO. Damn son. I wish I was your book. You may win today but you've now shown that you are squarer than square.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Arizona will not beat Green Bay...but I also predicted a Dallas exit in the first round...so, whatever...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
NYC Bronco
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Line is now 2.5. AZ feels disrespected. They felt that way last year when the backed into the playoffs.........
NYC Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Once again, AZ getting absoulely no respect. Reminds me a lot of last year... just saying...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Its in Arizona - sort of home field advantage but Arizona has one of the worst home fields because its such a snowbird state and lots of transplants.

Woodson Hurt - All hands need to be on deck for Fitzgerald. Possibly Bolden even though he is questionable and not at all 100%

But I would stay away from Arizona. Green Bay kept all starters in the game to keep them crisp. Arizona started pulling players. Look how teams have done so far after resting players. The Jets beat Cincy after Cincy took a break last week.

Philly rested players and looked slow and flat. New England rested players against Houston and are sucking ass.

They say it really doesn't matter with the rest factor but look at how it affected teams.

Green Bay is the hot team in the NFC and kept the gas on in a game that didn't matter.

I say Green Bay spanks them.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

And so far I couldn't have been more wrong!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
And so far I couldn't have been more wrong!
'Tis the Nfl.......this looks to be a repeat of the ravens -pats game........
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Sure glad I put my money on Arizona. Hoping 2-2 gets me the pot.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

good teams win in the post season. kudos to warner, kudos to AZs defense. granted, it ain't over
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #20
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Serious offer BF7....I want to be your book. You won't even have to post up offshore, I'll give you credit for the first couple of weeks.

PM me.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #21
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Wow, what a game. Tons and tons of offense and really, poor defense on both sides. Rackers shanks a short kick for the win, what a plug. Fitting that the Cards defense that got worked almost all game long comes up with the play to win it, specifically #27 who was getting beat like an old drum all game long, makes the huge play.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #22
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

BF7.....I have an offer for you.

Let's have a little handicapping challenge. We have 7 games yet to be played. Let's pick a side and a total in each of those games and the loser agrees to the ban hammer until the Monday after the draft?

We can settle on a book to use a closing line from say by Friday...All 8 picks for next weekend get PM'd to a Mod by an agreed upon deadline.

Same thing for the following week's 4 picks....same thing for the 2 SB picks.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #23
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I make it Arizona by 6 in OT. This comes right from the top. Take it too the bank.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Anyone who thought AZ didn't have a chance in this game hasn't watched them play much. Look they destroyed a hot Minnesota team then blew a bunny and got killed by San Francisco. Warner is as good as any QB in the league and I'll say he is the most accurate QB in the league when he isn't pressured. I took AZ all the way to the bank. I went 4-0 this week including NCAA champ game and got myself back to even on the year. I went with AZ with all the cash coming in on Green Bay that is usually a bad sign for the team getting all the cash on them. It always seems to go the other way.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah I don't care how many minutes the starters play in a preseason game, you do not ever handicap a game based on a pre-season game. That is jack-assery at its finest. (And believe me, I know something about jack-assery!)
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote