The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default Little, Sharpe one step closer to Pro Football HOF!

I got a good feeling that both Senior Committee candidates will get in this year.


The rest is from here:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...e-step-closer/

The official Hall of Fame Selection Committee’s 17 finalists (15 Modern-Era and two Senior Nominees*) with their positions, teams, and years active follow:

Tim Brown – Wide Receiver/Kick Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Don Coryell – Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers

Roger Craig – Running Back – 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings

Dermonti Dawson – Center – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Richard Dent – Defensive End – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles

Russ Grimm – Guard – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins

Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys

Rickey Jackson – Linebacker – 1981-1993 New Orleans Saints, 1994-95 San Francisco 49ers

Cortez Kennedy – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks

Dick LeBeau* – Cornerback – 1959-1972 Detroit Lions

Floyd Little* – Running Back – 1967-1975 Denver Broncos

John Randle – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks

Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Jerry Rice – Wide Receiver – 1985-2000 San Francisco 49ers, 2001-04 Oakland Raiders, 2004 Seattle Seahawks

Shannon Sharpe – Tight End – 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens

Emmitt Smith – Running Back – 1990-2002 Dallas Cowboys, 2003-04 Arizona Cardinals

...

The Selection Committee will meet in South Florida, on Saturday, February 6, 2010, to elect the Hall of Fame Class of 2010. The election results will be announced at 5 p.m. ET during a one-hour NFL Network special, live from the Broward County Convention Center.

For more info : http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...e-step-closer/
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

awesome repost
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
The Moops
Old School Dude
 
The Moops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Let's go Floyd!!!!!
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Sim Pilot 4.0
Solid Starter
 
Sim Pilot 4.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

I don't know how many they will select but, floyd will have a hard time making it in with this class. There are some big names on that list with huge statistics.

the bottom 3 are definite IMO.

1. Emmit Smith
2. Shannon Sharpe
3. Jerry Rice
4. Tim Brown
5. Chris Carter
6. Richard Dent
7. Don Coryell
Sim Pilot 4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

If Cris Carter did not make it 1st ballot, No way Tim Brown should. Dent and Coryell will get in but not this year.

Smith
Rice
Sharpe

and maybe 1 of the seniors get in, but no way in hell they let 2 Broncos in, just not their style.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Sim Pilot 4.0
Solid Starter
 
Sim Pilot 4.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 133

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If Cris Carter did not make it 1st ballot, No way Tim Brown should. Dent and Coryell will get in but not this year.

Smith
Rice
Sharpe

and maybe 1 of the seniors get in, but no way in hell they let 2 Broncos in, just not their style.
The league seems to love putting Raiders in the HOF though plus Carter had some issues earlier in his career that Brown didn't
Sim Pilot 4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

I hope Jim Brown is campaigning for Little. Woody can go to hell.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Pilot 4.0 View Post
I don't know how many they will select but, floyd will have a hard time making it in with this class.
Well good thing floyd isnt competing against them. Just Dick Lebeau.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

TD axed again.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Well good thing floyd isnt competing against them. Just Dick Lebeau.
Floyd is not competing against Dick Lebeau.

I traded email with Rick Gosselin, he told me that both can get in, it is not a competition between the two, and if I read between the lines correctly both will get in.

It is really down to Legwold to ensure that the presentation is good enough to sway any HOF voter left on the fence who may not know about Floyd's accomplishments. I don't know who is doing Lebeau's presentation but Lebeau does not impact Floyd at all.

Rick was very helpful and I recommend his draft analysis and his book "Goodfellas".
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Floyd is not competing against Dick Lebeau.

I traded email with Rick Gosselin, he told me that both can get in, it is not a competition between the two, and if I read between the lines correctly both will get in.

It is really down to Legwold to ensure that the presentation is good enough to sway any HOF voter left on the fence who may not know about Floyd's accomplishments. I don't know who is doing Lebeau's presentation but Lebeau does not impact Floyd at all.

Rick was very helpful and I recommend his draft analysis and his book "Goodfellas".
cool. Well I have more faith in Legwold than Woody.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Floyd is not competing against Dick Lebeau.

I traded email with Rick Gosselin, he told me that both can get in, it is not a competition between the two, and if I read between the lines correctly both will get in.

It is really down to Legwold to ensure that the presentation is good enough to sway any HOF voter left on the fence who may not know about Floyd's accomplishments. I don't know who is doing Lebeau's presentation but Lebeau does not impact Floyd at all.

Rick was very helpful and I recommend his draft analysis and his book "Goodfellas".
Gosselin is solid with draft analysis.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
The Moops
Old School Dude
 
The Moops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Gosselin is presenting LeBeau . . .
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the moops View Post
gosselin is presenting lebeau . . .
lol!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #15
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

It is really down to Legwold to ensure that the presentation is good enough to sway any HOF voter left on the fence who may not know about Floyd's accomplishments.
Really? This can't be true.

Hasn't Floyd been presented every year he's been eligable basically? Even if not, is there really a modern HoF voter left that doesn't know about his career, seeing has how this presentation has happened every year over the past few years?

I mean slice it however you want, and I fully agree Little should get in, but wether you agree with the voting/process or not, I find it hard to believe that the jerk offs voting aren't aware of Little's accomplishments and some magic presentation will finally get him in.

He's not in because the guys voting don't think he deserves to be in. It doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else agrees or disagrees with that assessment.

I'm not a fan of the HoF process one bit. But c'mon. If there is ANY voter out there that doesn't know about Little and some presentation will change their mind, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE A VOTER IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I would be much more comfortable with the process if the voters simply didn't think he deserved to be in rather than living in ignorance and all of a sudden magically awakened by some presentation that results in the guy getting voted in. Ludricous.

Last edited by Atwater His Ass; 01-12-2010 at 02:46 AM..
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 AM   #16
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,391
Default

I really think Floyd is going to make it in. No one can beat him now in the Senior class. Both can go in. It would take them voting AGAINST him going in now.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Really? This can't be true.

Hasn't Floyd been presented every year he's been eligable basically? Even if not, is there really a modern HoF voter left that doesn't know about his career, seeing has how this presentation has happened every year over the past few years?

I mean slice it however you want, and I fully agree Little should get in, but wether you agree with the voting/process or not, I find it hard to believe that the jerk offs voting aren't aware of Little's accomplishments and some magic presentation will finally get him in.

He's not in because the guys voting don't think he deserves to be in. It doesn't matter if you, me, or anyone else agrees or disagrees with that assessment.

I'm not a fan of the HoF process one bit. But c'mon. If there is ANY voter out there that doesn't know about Little and some presentation will change their mind, THEN THEY SHOULDN'T BE A VOTER IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I would be much more comfortable with the process if the voters simply didn't think he deserved to be in rather than living in ignorance and all of a sudden magically awakened by some presentation that results in the guy getting voted in. Ludricous.
You would think but how many of the fans that post here do you think know anything about Floyd or what he accomplished?

I am guessing there are maybe 20-25 regular posters who remember Floyd and will go to Canton and fight Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice fans for tickets.

Anyway from what I have learned he is on the senior ballot, Legwold has to give a presentation and then Gosslin gives his and then they say yea or nay.

I think it is a done deal now that he is this far.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #18
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You would think but how many of the fans that post here do you think know anything about Floyd or what he accomplished?
But we're talking about HoF voters. People that are responsible to know the history of the league. Not your average joe-blow fan.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,431

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If Cris Carter did not make it 1st ballot, No way Tim Brown should. Dent and Coryell will get in but not this year.

Smith
Rice
Sharpe

and maybe 1 of the seniors get in, but no way in hell they let 2 Broncos in, just not their style.
nice to save some money on a trip, though.

I think AFL is getting great exposure and shows the voters that these guys competed regardless if they started their careers in the AFL. Floyd was great in the NFL and on bad teams.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
But we're talking about HoF voters. People that are responsible to know the history of the league. Not your average joe-blow fan.
I get where you are going but I am guessing there has been a lot of turn over and a lot of guys don't know the details like that Floyd retired as the 7th all time rusher in the NFL and all the other guys that retired in the 7th spot are already in. I am sure there are many good writers who forgot that Denver almost moved and only stayed in existence in Denver because they fianally signed their #1 draft pick, had him do a goodwill tour and he actually panned out as a great back and returner.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,909

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I got a good feeling that both Senior Committee candidates will get in this year.


The rest is from here:

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...e-step-closer/

The official Hall of Fame Selection Committee’s 17 finalists (15 Modern-Era and two Senior Nominees*) with their positions, teams, and years active follow:

Tim Brown – Wide Receiver/Kick Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Don Coryell – Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers

Roger Craig – Running Back – 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings

Dermonti Dawson – Center – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers

Richard Dent – Defensive End – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles

Russ Grimm – Guard – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins

Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys

Rickey Jackson – Linebacker – 1981-1993 New Orleans Saints, 1994-95 San Francisco 49ers

Cortez Kennedy – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks

Dick LeBeau* – Cornerback – 1959-1972 Detroit Lions

Floyd Little* – Running Back – 1967-1975 Denver Broncos

John Randle – Defensive Tackle – 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks

Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins

Jerry Rice – Wide Receiver – 1985-2000 San Francisco 49ers, 2001-04 Oakland Raiders, 2004 Seattle Seahawks

Shannon Sharpe – Tight End – 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens

Emmitt Smith – Running Back – 1990-2002 Dallas Cowboys, 2003-04 Arizona Cardinals

...

The Selection Committee will meet in South Florida, on Saturday, February 6, 2010, to elect the Hall of Fame Class of 2010. The election results will be announced at 5 p.m. ET during a one-hour NFL Network special, live from the Broward County Convention Center.

For more info : http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...e-step-closer/
What a list!
I hope they get in!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
The Moops
Old School Dude
 
The Moops's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 1,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I believe Jeff Legwold will do an outstanding job presenting Floyd. Now more than ever! Now . . . if these guys will actually listen and vote him in, well, let's hope they finally get it right!
The Moops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Denver Broncos