The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default All This for Benching a Second String Tight End?

Its not Like Scheffler has ever really lived up to his hype. At least he was not down for half the season.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Apparently you dont know that Sheffler is only 2nd string because Shanahan drafted him. He is an all world talent, being held back by an angry dwarf of a headcoach...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Apparently you dont know that Sheffler is only 2nd string because Shanahan drafted him. He is an all world talent, being held back by an angry dwarf of a headcoach...

Ah I see. although he was 2nd string last year also.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Ah I see. although he was 2nd string last year also.

SHHH! Facts have no place here!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

People cried over Putzier leaving the first time around too...Scheffler is about on par with him and won't be missed after he's gone.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
All This for Benching a Second String Tight End?
I think it's a number of things, including potentially a historic collapse, a falling out with a number of offensive stars, and a horrible scoring offense that was one of the things that he emphasized he'd turn around coming in.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I think it's a number of things, including potentially a historic collapse, a falling out with a number of offensive stars, and a horrible scoring offense that was one of the things that he emphasized he'd turn around coming in.
a "number" of offensive stars? we dont have any offensive stars besides marshall, and he took himself out of the game tomorrow, mcdaniels didnt bench him.

the fact that mcdaniels did so well to start hte season speaks to his coaching ability, hes not exactly got the greatest talent on either side of the ball, its just vastly overrated (like always) by the OM superstar talent evaluators.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
a "number" of offensive stars? we dont have any offensive stars besides marshall, and he took himself out of the game tomorrow, mcdaniels didnt bench him.

the fact that mcdaniels did so well to start hte season speaks to his coaching ability, hes not exactly got the greatest talent on either side of the ball, its just vastly overrated (like always) by the OM superstar talent evaluators.
I remember him doing an interview when he was hired (and was posted here) with him showing our poor scoring stats after game 3 (or whatever it was) last year and said that was one of the key things he would emphasize and would be able to turn it around this year.

And really, it was possible for him to do this. We moved the ball at will between the 20's last year for the most part and failed in the redzone for a number of reasons (QB, injuries at RB, playcalling, etc) that were correctable.

It seems on one of his main goals, he not only didn't take a step forward, but took a step backward.

That said, I'm not saying to dump him (almost every 1st year coach deserves a full offseason). We're in way to deep to dump him right now anyways. But his feet should be held to the fire tomorrow and next year to do what he said he was going to do.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
I remember him doing an interview when he was hired (and was posted here) with him showing our poor scoring stats after game 3 (or whatever it was) last year and said that was one of the key things he would emphasize and would be able to turn it around this year.

And really, it was possible for him to do this. We moved the ball at will between the 20's last year for the most part and failed in the redzone for a number of reasons (QB, injuries at RB, playcalling, etc) that were correctable.

It seems on one of his main goals, he not only didn't take a step forward, but took a step backward.

That said, I'm not saying to dump him (almost every 1st year coach deserves a full offseason). We're in way to deep to dump him right now anyways. But his feet should be held to the fire tomorrow and next year to do what he said he was going to do.
i never said the offense got better, it clearly didnt, and theres a number of reasons for that, gameplanning was poor sometimes, players not executing, line, orton, running backs, it was everything. with another year he can get some players in to help fix it and they will be more comfortable with the system too. its not a "omg all hope is lost" like the rams who scored over 13 pts like once all year.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Scheffler has not shown he'll ever be worth the 2nd round pick the Broncos used on him. He has some skills, but didn't show any more consistency with Shanahan as the coach either. Plus, it was Shanahan who gave Graham the big money to play TE ahead of Scheffler, so like Hillis, who only got playing time affter 5 RB's got hurt, he apparently didn't impress Shanahan a lot either.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Huh? Sheffler was a 4th round pick, he has way outplayed the original perception of him coming out of college.

It's okay to admit that McDaniels has mishandled the offense in a multitude of ways, it doesn't make you less of a fan.

Sheffler went in the 2nd round, not the 4th.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Sheffler went in the 2nd round, not the 4th.

Always flip flop the Marshall and Sheffler picks in my mind for some reason, my mistake.

Still, Sheffler has been mismanaged, he has already demonstrated his playmaking ability.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Always flip flop the Marshall and Sheffler picks in my mind for some reason, my mistake.

Still, Sheffler has been mismanaged, he has already demonstrated his playmaking ability.

I dont know about mismanaged. Tony's stats are similar to those under Shanahan, and his blocking has not improved to the point he would be considered a starter over Graham.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87770

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Sheffler is the quinessential +/- player, for every big play he makes he gives it right back with a drop, fumble, missed block, or penalty... all that and the big me first ego he needs to go.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #16
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Scheffler is vastly overrated by Bronco fans. He's nowhere near the star Pro Bowl TE some of us make him out to be. Yes, he can catch the ball and has decent speed for a TE, but so did Putzier. Fact is, he is probably on the just above average scale and I'd rank him similarily to Marcus Pollard rather than put him on the Jason Witten scale some do.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

He as dafted right around where Quinn was.

61st.

He's had several big plays in the seam against cover 2.

But let's go with Graham, slower with a bad knee.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I don't recall anyone here comparing him to Whitten or Clark.

Vernon Davis maybe....
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
He as dafted right around where Quinn was.

61st.

He's had several big plays in the seam against cover 2.

But let's go with Graham, slower with a bad knee.
Yup, these idiots are happy we're losing offensive players left and right, but are yet to mention why they're happy about, or who is going to replace them with.
They have their heads up McDaniels ass it's unreal!
I guess they think Graham and Quinn are an upgrade

We'll see tomorrow.
No scheffler, no Marshall, no Royal, no Hillis...
Oh boy!!!
McDaniels better be right, better be right...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Yup, these idiots are happy we're losing offensive players left and right, but are yet to mention why they're happy about, or who is going to replace them with.
They have their heads up McDaniels ass it's unreal!
I guess they think Graham and Quinn are an upgrade

We'll see tomorrow.
No scheffler, no Marshall, no Royal, no Hillis...
Oh boy!!!
McDaniels better be right, better be right...
how much nfl coaching experience do you have to tell him hes wrong in what hes doing?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #21
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
how much nfl coaching experience do you have to tell him hes wrong in what hes doing?
He's only coached 15 games. That's not much experience over me, is it?
He's a 33 year old egomaniac destroying a team that had a lot of potential making it now no better than an expansion team

Because, I don't have my nose up his nuts sack I'm able to see that what he's doing is going to blow up in his face.

Do you give us a chance against the lowly KC tomorrow?
How confident are you that without, Royal, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall we stand a chance to win the game?

How confident are you that if we make the play-offs that this team will not be in turmoil heading into the play-offs?
Who do you blame?
Who is in charge here?
Who seems to have lost the handle on this team?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
Broncolorado
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think we all know now who is in charge here and judging from the silence coming from the front office and ownership it's obvious management/ownership are on the same page.
I believe coach not only has a handle on this team but is putting his and Bowlens name on it.Period
Broncolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
He's only coached 15 games. That's not much experience over me, is it?
He's a 33 year old egomaniac destroying a team that had a lot of potential making it now no better than an expansion team

Because, I don't have my nose up his nuts sack I'm able to see that what he's doing is going to blow up in his face.

Do you give us a chance against the lowly KC tomorrow?
How confident are you that without, Royal, Hillis, Scheffler, Marshall we stand a chance to win the game?

How confident are you that if we make the play-offs that this team will not be in turmoil heading into the play-offs?
Who do you blame?
Who is in charge here?
Who seems to have lost the handle on this team?
royal hillis and scheffler have barely contributed in our 8 wins already, them being out will destroy our chances of winning now?

how do you with your zero football coaching experience have almost as much knowledge about football as an NFL head coach, and didnt you predict failure all offseason, only to have this team go at worst .500?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #24
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

I could care less about the benching. I care an awful lot about how crappily the front office / McD is handling it. It's as if he is going out of his way to say "I'm a badass.. don't screw with me!" How immature. He should be handling these issues quietly and professionaly. It doesn't bode well for the players left, nor for trying to intice players to come play for a young dictator. Star player? You are benched if you don't fully meet his expectations, and he'll make sure the media knows about it.

He is like a miniature Parcells, without all the records and wins.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

it 100% baffles me how people come on this message board and b**** and moan and cry to people who enjoy watching the team as if them crying is going to amke us turn against the team and start cursing mcd's name and calling for his head. how do you even do that and call yourself a fan, if you hate everything the team does and hate everyone who is calling the shots in a winning season, you can call yourself a fan of that very team?