The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default one thing about shanahan talks that are pissing me off...

why do all you moron mcd haters think that shanahan is gonna start re-collecting every bronco cast off from this year? hillis, scheffler, royal, marshall, cutler, weve heard it all. "when shanahan gets his new team hell sign them blah blah blah"
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Why wouldnt he? He's familiar with them and well liked by them. Im not a McD hater and i think he will try to sign them if he can. Kubes did it all the time with Shanahan leftovers.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Ummm....because he did it when he came here? Go back and look at the key players he grabbed from the 49ers.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Why wouldnt he? He's familiar with them and well liked by them. Im not a McD hater and i think he will try to sign them if he can. Kubes did it all the time with Shanahan leftovers.
WASH has 2 better receiving TEs than scheffler, marshall isnt going anywhere unless someone will give up a lot of first round picks, i have a hunch elvis will be re-signed here and if hes not he too will get a lot of picks for us, hillis i have no idea what will happen with (likely candidate to sign with shanny if he leaves here since WASH is rather weak at RB with everyone hurt). royal isnt going anywhere either.

have to remember a lot of this "schism" **** is manufactured and blown up by the media. look at the marshall-mcdaniels thing, marshall told the coach he cant play in what could be our most important game of the year, mcdaniels disagreed but he cant force marshall to play. marshall wants to be paid and this it, if he can get his money here, he will. its the same thing all the mcd haters say about the bears, just because cutler is there doesnt mean the bears will start signing every player that ever played with cutler here before, its ridiculous to keep suggesting it like they have been all offseason and now season long.

my bigger problem with this is people seem to think that shanahan is somehow going to get players that are still under contract with the broncos, and will be pending the CBA.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Its true that Wash has 2 better TE's, however having depth at that position never hurt anyone. Marshall will get traded after this season, i just feel it. Snyder has the kind of money to shovel out and isnt afraid to give up draft picks. Obviously, it depends where Shanny ends up but it wouldnt surprise me to have him go after familiar faces that he is comfortable with. Doom probably wont be going anywhere. He has bought into the system and will get his payday both for his play and because he knows how to be a team guy.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Just like how the Texans have signed most of the Shanahan castoffs. That's panned out really well.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Just like how the Texans have signed most of the Shanahan castoffs. That's panned out really well.
how is myers doing anyway? i remember the report that shanahan was pissed that we lost him...
Old 01-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
WASH has 2 better receiving TEs than scheffler, marshall isnt going anywhere unless someone will give up a lot of first round picks, i have a hunch elvis will be re-signed here and if hes not he too will get a lot of picks for us, hillis i have no idea what will happen with (likely candidate to sign with shanny if he leaves here since WASH is rather weak at RB with everyone hurt). royal isnt going anywhere either.

have to remember a lot of this "schism" **** is manufactured and blown up by the media. look at the marshall-mcdaniels thing, marshall told the coach he cant play in what could be our most important game of the year, mcdaniels disagreed but he cant force marshall to play. marshall wants to be paid and this it, if he can get his money here, he will. its the same thing all the mcd haters say about the bears, just because cutler is there doesnt mean the bears will start signing every player that ever played with cutler here before, its ridiculous to keep suggesting it like they have been all offseason and now season long.

my bigger problem with this is people seem to think that shanahan is somehow going to get players that are still under contract with the broncos, and will be pending the CBA.
all nice don't you think? you leave out one little thing .he benched a player that might be better game time and said he was milking .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
why do all you moron mcd haters think that shanahan is gonna start re-collecting every bronco cast off from this year? hillis, scheffler, royal, marshall, cutler, weve heard it all. "when shanahan gets his new team hell sign them blah blah blah"
Who in the right mind wouldn't want to sign playmakers?

So they're now cast-offs, huh?
Who are you calling morons again?
Just saying...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
how is myers doing anyway? i remember the report that shanahan was pissed that we lost him...
http://www.battleredblog.com/2009/12...009-season-the

Chester Pitts will be an unrestricted free agent following this year. As long as it is determined that he is healthy, he needs to be re-signed at all costs. His and Brisiel's absence has highlighted how substandard Chris Myers is at the center position. Myers continually loses at the point of attack while run blocking. If you want to see for yourself, watch him block throughout the Seattle game to see opposing defensive tackles push him aside. Then watch rookie Antoine Caldwell in the one play after Myers is hurt push his man five yards down the field.

That brings me to my next point. Why isn't Caldwell getting a shot at center? Myers not only loses regularly while run blocking, but he continues to have issues with larger defensive tackles while in pass protection. Myers is a great story, going from a practice squad to starting every game last year, but without good to great guards to help him, he is simply too small to be effective.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Ekuban, Engelberger, Robertson, and Webster among other greats from the Shanahan era are all waiting for a call from Shanahan since nobody else seems to want them.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
well they have gotten better each year time will tell .

This system is not as easy to pull off as it was before we won that second SB. The NFL seen to it the Broncos were not going to be in the mix for a SB shot every year after our 2nd SB. yet when the 49ers were doing it year after year they were good old boys....

Last edited by ~Crash~; 01-02-2010 at 10:22 AM..
Old 01-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Ekuban, Engelberger, Robertson, and Webster among other greats from the Shanahan era are all waiting for a call from Shanahan since nobody else seems to want them.
I'm pretty sure with your selective and poor way to make a point that Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall, they all will be waiting long for a phone call.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
I'm pretty sure with your selective and poor way to make a point that Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, and Marshall, they all will be waiting long for a phone call.
royal is not a FA. marshall is not going anywhere unless we get a lot in return. hillis and scheffler are question marks. what makes all this gauranteed they will be getting phone calls?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Shanahann is set to earn $10m/yr...wow! Will he try and sign guys he drafted in Denver. Sure, if they're available. I don't think he would trade a #1 for Marshall or give up a #2 for Scheffler. I think his first area of emphasis will be the QB position. That's if he signs with WA.

I think he waits until this weekend is complete and then checks to see if Kubs is fired. He may even wait until after the 1st round of the playoffs to see if San Diego or Dallas becomes available.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #16
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
royal is not a FA. marshall is not going anywhere unless we get a lot in return. hillis and scheffler are question marks. what makes all this gauranteed they will be getting phone calls?
you act like shuffling your roster is like the most easy thing on earth . there are plenty of misses in the draft and each time you shuffle you lose years. and there is no guarantees.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
TheDave
Sauced...

Why do you care if people think Shanny will sign guys we cut?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #18
backup qb
Ring of Famer

Most new coaches do bring in people they're familiar with. It has happened since the advent of free agency. Hell, Mcd brought in Jordan, Gaffney, Hochstein, Smith, and Law. All former pats. How is that any different than Shanny possibly bringing in/going after some current broncos? Lighten up.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #19
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

If as expected Shanny ends up in Washington, the one player I'm pretty positive will follow him will be Hamilton. Their OL needs help at every spot.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Just because McDaniels a 33-year old first time head coach in the NFL doesn't want them, it doesn't make them bad players, more than by getting rid of them, would make McDaniels a good coach...
Old 01-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Why do you care if people think Shanny will sign guys we cut?
I mean. Really.Marshall is a bench, Scheff is a bench, Royal has 35 catches,

Buck is hurt, WTF arre we going to do? Run Moreno till he drops the a screen to Clady?

1 thing this had was weapons when Beavis came on boad.

Maybe we catch the defanse sleeping with quinn.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post

Um yeah, I'm sure Hillis and Scheffler are going to be Pro-Bowlers anyday now and playing huge roles for great treams. Royal isn't going anywhere and Marshall is one more stupid act from being out of the NFL.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Um yeah, I'm sure Hillis and Scheffler are going to be Pro-Bowlers anyday now and playing huge roles for great treams. Royal isn't going anywhere and Marshall is one more stupid act from being out of the NFL.
Amazing!
And what are we going to be left with, again?
Got any pro-bowlers lined up ready to fill their shoes yet?
Thought so.

You know, pro-bowlers are not guarantee of building a good team, you can ask Dan Snyder about that.
What you need is play makers.
You look at Hillis, Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler's numbers last years, and then you look at them this year, and you got the balls to tell us is the players fault for their decline in production this year?
So, all of the sudden they're not good?

What kind of nimrods do we have posting in this board, man?

Really. Unbelievable!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #24
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

I hope he does takes some of these players with him. Hopefully he will take some of the people from this forum with him.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Every coach does that.You are dumb if you don't think that way.
Mcd did the same thing.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote