The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default Remembering Darrent & Damien...

http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1...iams-1982-2007

I can still remember waking up on NYD and finding a chat window open on my computer
(I had left it on). It was my brother-in-law saying a Bronco player had been killed on NYE.

Last edited by Sassy; 12-31-2009 at 03:08 PM..
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

The cycle of time rolls on, whether it is the NFL or life in general. On days and nights like this day, and this night, however, we often stop, albeit for just a moment, to think back - to the prior year and further - before we take the time to look ahead.

For Broncos fans, New Years Eve will always hold a somber meaning - even if we take the time to celebrate the life that was Darrent Williams.

It was three years ago tonight when Williams was gunned down as his Hummer Limo drove away from a nightclub where the Broncos, and several other athletes, were celebrating the New Year, and Williams' record label, RYNO Records. While the case is still officially open, the authorities believe they have the prime suspect(s) in custody. You can read all about that night - and the events that followed - by checking out the Section on MHR dedicated to it.

The Broncos had lost earlier that day, to the San Francisco 49'ers, in a game that would have put the Broncos into the playoffs had they won. They did not, and Williams had be the focus of criticism for his play, in that game and in games prior that season(a certain game against the Colts comes to mind). While fans were trying to decipher what went wrong in a season that started with so much promise, a man, a son, a father, lost his life in a senseless way.

In a lot of ways the Broncos, and us fans, have never been the same and never will be. Scars like that, and those caused by the death of RB Damien Nash a couple months later, don't heal quickly.

This post isn't meant to bring anyone down. Darrent wouldn't want that. He would have a big smile on his face and would want you to celebrate the things in life there are to celebrate - family, friends, and of course, the Broncos.

So as you head out tonight, be safe, and tip a glass of whatever you are drinking to heavens and think of D-Will. Somewhere he is smiling down.

No matter what happens Sunday - whether the Broncos win or lose, make the playoffs or fall painfully short again, remember that it is, after all, just a game.

ALL READY!!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
The cycle of time rolls on, whether it is the NFL or life in general. On days and nights like this day, and this night, however, we often stop, albeit for just a moment, to think back - to the prior year and further - before we take the time to look ahead.

For Broncos fans, New Years Eve will always hold a somber meaning - even if we take the time to celebrate the life that was Darrent Williams.

It was three years ago tonight when Williams was gunned down as his Hummer Limo drove away from a nightclub where the Broncos, and several other athletes, were celebrating the New Year, and Williams' record label, RYNO Records. While the case is still officially open, the authorities believe they have the prime suspect(s) in custody. You can read all about that night - and the events that followed - by checking out the Section on MHR dedicated to it.

The Broncos had lost earlier that day, to the San Francisco 49'ers, in a game that would have put the Broncos into the playoffs had they won. They did not, and Williams had be the focus of criticism for his play, in that game and in games prior that season(a certain game against the Colts comes to mind). While fans were trying to decipher what went wrong in a season that started with so much promise, a man, a son, a father, lost his life in a senseless way.

In a lot of ways the Broncos, and us fans, have never been the same and never will be. Scars like that, and those caused by the death of RB Damien Nash a couple months later, don't heal quickly.

This post isn't meant to bring anyone down. Darrent wouldn't want that. He would have a big smile on his face and would want you to celebrate the things in life there are to celebrate - family, friends, and of course, the Broncos.

So as you head out tonight, be safe, and tip a glass of whatever you are drinking to heavens and think of D-Will. Somewhere he is smiling down.

No matter what happens Sunday - whether the Broncos win or lose, make the playoffs or fall painfully short again, remember that it is, after all, just a game.

ALL READY!!

+1.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

RIP. DW, gone but not forgotten buddy. DNash, we didn't really get a chance to watch you play but we hope that you're bringing the goods up in heaven.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post

ALL READY!!

Thanks Sassy!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
garandman
Seasoned Veteran

Your in my sights!

Dwill& Dnash, gone but never forgotten!
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

R.I.P. #27 and #29
BigPlayShay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

RIP Darrent and Damien.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Best post on the mane is quite a long while. Thanks Sass
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLabLKcBQs
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

I'll never forget it. I was with my mother on New Years Day, as it is her birthday and helping her move into her new place back in Minnesota, and my friend had called me and said, "Dude, are you near a TV, turn it to ESPN right now." -- Of course I was, I turned it on, and I saw that Williams had been slayed. I had started to cry, in front of my mom, and she had wondered why. I told her, and she just didn't understand.

RIP, Damien and Darrent. I'm sure you guys are playing 200% up in Heaven. ALL READY!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

3 years? Wow I thought it was only two. So much life for two young men to miss. My ex brought me the news saying someone named Darren from the Broncos had been killed in a limo. I thought it was a crash and kept trying to figure out which player was "Darren". Then it hit me and when I saw the news about it being a shooting it was just shock and deep sorrow. Being a mother I just wept every time I saw his mother. My heart still goes out to her.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #14
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Best post on the mane is quite a long while. Thanks Sass
Too bad it had to be a tragic incident that brought this post though.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

All Ready!! We miss you!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Rip
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

That video posted was excellent. Really showed the kind of player D-Will was. Never gave up. Man, how many INT did he has in 2 years playing?! Guy was a ball hawk.
Fusionfrontman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Don Flamenco
Perennial Pro-bowler

He was also an excellent tackler. Not just for his size, but for a cornerback.

He was my favorite player - He's the same height as me

Be nice to have him running back punts right now.

RIP
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote