The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default D.J. Williams, Pro-Bowl Alternate.

According to Josh McDaniels, current press conference at the official website. Well deserved.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

what about DOOM!!?!?!?!
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Doom is a Pro-Bowl starter, Vance!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

stiff arm D.J. Williams wow they must be blind
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Doom is a Pro-Bowl starter, Vance!
How did I miss that?

on ESPN they said he got SNUBBED!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

DJ has bounced around from OLB, to ILB in the 4-3 and now back to ILB in the 3-4. The best thing for him will be leave him at on spot (currently ILB) and let him learn the position.

He's hit the wrong hole more than a few times this year, but also he's made so big plays has had sacks and forced fumbles.

In time (hopefully) he will be better at reading the blocks.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Popps
It's so easy

The best thing for DJ would be to be traded to a 4-3 team with a hammer in the middle, so he can use his skill-set. He's not meant to be diagnosing plays and taking on blockers.

That's not a slam on him, it's just the truth. He's a great weak OLB. He's a marginal ILB.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
The best thing for DJ would be to be traded to a 4-3 team with a hammer in the middle, so he can use his skill-set. He's not meant to be diagnosing plays and taking on blockers.

That's not a slam on him, it's just the truth. He's a great weak OLB. He's a marginal ILB.
Well, what is good for DJ doesn't matter. We can't trade or replace any players because we have found the winning formula that makes us competitive. Didn't you just say this in another thread?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Well, what is good for DJ doesn't matter. We can't trade or replace any players because we have found the winning formula that makes us competitive. Didn't you just say this in another thread?
(yawn)
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
(yawn)
Yeah, his rationale is pretty boring.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Yeah, his rationale is pretty boring.
no, its more or less my reaction when I open up a thread about one of our guys making the Pro Bowl and having to read douchebaggery about how the coach is purpousely holding certain players from reaching their potential
Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
no, its more or less my reaction when I open up a thread about one of our guys making the Pro Bowl and having to read douchebaggery about how the coach is purpousely holding certain players from reaching their potential
It's awesome, with the vbulletin firefox add on I have no idea which one of the douches I have ignore you are talking to!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #13
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

Which alternate is D.J.?

From my understanding, Bart Scott is the first alternate at inside linebacker and David Harris is the second alternate.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ummm.... Riiight. What exactly did you read? Maybe you meant to quote Popps? I was just making fun of his Orton stance.

Last edited by jhns; 12-30-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
It's awesome, with the vbulletin firefox add on I have no idea which one of the douches I have ignore you are talking to!
My ignore list is bigger than yours
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Good for DJ he's done everything the team has asked him to do without b****ing about it and has excelled doing so
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #17
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:

DJ has been a stud this season, and even brought more of those "big plays" that you wanted out of him. Calling him marginal is extremely off base IMO.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm sure the haters were furious with this news.

Congrats DJ!

I'm very happy for him...although I was kinda pissed off that he didn't make it as a reserve, he deserved it more than DeMeco Ryans.....although an alternate is better than nothing I suppose.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #19
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

DJ's one of the best. I hope he has a long Broncos career that continues to get better. The guy has done so much without ever complaining. I was really happy when they paid him. If anyone deserved it, it's him. He is the epitome of team player.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 AM   #20
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
DJ's one of the best. I hope he has a long Broncos career that continues to get better. The guy has done so much without ever complaining. I was really happy when they paid him. If anyone deserved it, it's him. He is the epitome of team player.
Well said my friend. Even when the guy gets a well deserved nod, morons are still wanting to bench,trade, or move him to another position. LEAVE DJ ALONE!!!!!!....jk
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Umm.... no.

DJ would be great trade bait.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 AM   #22
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
Well said my friend. Even when the guy gets a well deserved nod, morons are still wanting to bench,trade, or move him to another position. LEAVE DJ ALONE!!!!!!....jk
You have to understand the mentality of the haters. They HATE this player. They HATE everything about him. It is PERSONAL. They like to repeatedly give him backhanded compliments so as to appear evenhanded on the surface when they absolutely cannot stand him. Some of these people have never liked him from DAY ONE. It's got to be exasperating for them to see him finally achieve some Pro Bowl recognition. The fact is that there are some people out there that dont appreciate what he brings to the table. They don't appreciate being a good soldier. Or serving consistently and solidly over time. Or being a leader without running your mouth. Or being a good influence on younger players (WW). Or doing your job well without whoring yourself out for attention. There are people out there who do not hesitate to misrepresent facts and claim that he never makes big plays when he's consistently at or near the top of the team's annual TFL list. Those attacks haven't stopped even this year when he's had career highs for FF and sacks and passes defensed, etc. He's not celebrated for improving various aspects of his game over time or adjusting from position to position without complaint. No....you'll find that that's rarely celebrated. Instead, they prefer to call him stupid and nitpick as to the deficiencies of his game, when every player on the team has deficiencies in their game. It's sort of the ESPN mentality. There are people here that have ALWAYS hated DJ. You've got to keep this in mind. This recognition is KILLING them. Personally, I enjoy seeing these people suffer through this Pro Bowl recognition.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 AM   #23
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
You have to understand the mentality of the haters. They HATE this player. They HATE everything about him. It is PERSONAL. They like to repeatedly give him backhanded compliments so as to appear evenhanded on the surface when they absolutely cannot stand him. Some of these people have never liked him from DAY ONE. It's got to be exasperating for them to see him finally achieve some Pro Bowl recognition. The fact is that there are some people out there that dont appreciate what he brings to the table. They don't appreciate being a good soldier. Or serving consistently and solidly over time. Or being a leader without running your mouth. Or being a good influence on younger players (WW). Or doing your job well without whoring yourself out for attention. There are people out there who do not hesitate to misrepresent facts and claim that he never makes big plays when he's consistently at or near the top of the team's annual TFL list. Those attacks haven't stopped even this year when he's had career highs for FF and sacks and passes defensed, etc. He's not celebrated for improving various aspects of his game over time or adjusting from position to position without complaint. No....you'll find that that's rarely celebrated. Instead, they prefer to call him stupid and nitpick as to the deficiencies of his game, when every player on the team has deficiencies in their game. It's sort of the ESPN mentality. There are people here that have ALWAYS hated DJ. You've got to keep this in mind. This recognition is KILLING them. Personally, I enjoy seeing these people suffer through this Pro Bowl recognition.

Honestly, man... that post borders on disturbing. Seriously, SoCal. That's just bizarre.

No one "hates" your DJ, by the way.

Wow.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:46 AM   #24
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Honestly, man... that post borders on disturbing. Seriously, SoCal. That's just bizarre.

No one "hates" your DJ, by the way.

Wow.
I stand 100% behind my statement. They know who they are.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #25
Popps
It's so easy

I've never heard anyone say they "hated" him. I know a lot of people were upset with him for quitting on the field in San Diego last year, but he's played fine this year. He is what he is.

Is he a relative, SoCal?