The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Questions About Josh McDaniel's

I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD. And I don't think those fans who have questioned McD's decisions since becoming the Broncos HC are driven to hate McD. Its just that the jury is still out on the guy. Some fans are just having a wait and see attitude before anointing him as the second coming.

Josh is only 33 years old for Christ sake and is coming from a Belichik coaching tree of assistants who have yet to prove they can turn other teams around like Belichick did in NE. Mangini and Crommel(sp) and even Weiss have YET to show they win as HC's in the NFL.

Here are some fair legitimate questions to ask about McD as a HC before you believe he is the One coach to lead this Franchise out of medicore.

Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?

Will McD even have the same win-loss record Shanny had after 6 or years?

Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?

Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?

Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?

Will McD end up back in NE as Belichicks OC in 3 or 4 years?

I don't expect a fan infected with the Homerism Disease to ask these questions about McD and its all good----Some fans are just unable to look at the big picture.

However, critically thinking realistic Denver Bronco fans are probably asking these same questions about McD....plain and simple.

The reality is McD is replacing a Legend in Mike Shanahan and will continue to live in the shadow of the greatest Bronco coach in its 50 plus year history.

Thats not HATE....Its Just Reality.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Josh is only 33 years old for Christ sake and is coming from a Belichik coaching tree of assistants who have yet to prove they can turn other teams around like Belichick did in NE. Mangini and Crommel(sp) and even Weiss have YET to show they win as HC's in the NFL.
Mangini is a pretty decent coach and caught a really bad break in New York. Crennel also had Cleveland on the right track, albeit slowly.

More importantly though, they never had the level of control (they were DC's, and Bill runs the defense in New England) that McD did. Hell, even Weis didn't get as much freedom as Josh did in New England.

Beyond that, I don't know what the point of this thread is. It's not like any of us have a crystal ball we can look into and give you the answers. We're just going to enjoy the ride and see where it takes us.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Here are some fair legitimate questions to ask about McD as a HC before you believe he is the One coach to lead this Franchise out of medicore.

Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?

Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?

Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?

Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Hi Brit.....so tell me why you still think the world is flat!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.....question about Josh McDaniel's "what"?

His dog?
His hoodie?
His spacebook account?

His what?

Don't leave us hanging.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.....question about Josh McDaniel's "what"?

His dog?
His hoodie?
His spacebook account?

His what?

Don't leave us hanging.
No one left you Homers hanging!

Aside from not having a crystal ball (I'm working on buying one), I just asked a few questions on scenarios based upon what I believed could take place during McD's tenure as HC.

If you Homers want to have a conservative wait and see outlook....then good for you. No one has ever accused Homers in general of thinking outside the box.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:

Are you ****ing serious? Is THIS the criteria you have for McD to have success. Shanahan inherited the best QB of all time, one of the best TE's of all time, had one of the best RB's of all time. So, yeah that would be a tall task for McD.

And since when do you Shanny ball-lickers only count the first 4-6 years of his tenure....that's ancient history pal. How about the mediocrity over the last 10 years?? Yeah, Shanny is/was a legend....but even the best coaches decline......Shula, Landry....the game passed them by. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Shanny or not....but....

what we do know is Shanny was an egomaniac and a nepotist. He wanted "yes" men....as evidenced by the fact he went through 4 defensive coodinators in 4 years....and finally settled on one who is his best friend, despite the fact the guy has no business being a DC anywhere in professional football.

Jesus, another epic fail of a thread.......not shocking.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD.
Oh, and YES, you do.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Oh, and YES, you do.
Oh nooooooo I don't....you Obama lover--you.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I'd like to start out by saying I don't outright hate coach McD. And I don't think those fans who have questioned McD's decisions since becoming the Broncos HC are driven to hate McD. Its just that the jury is still out on the guy. Some fans are just having a wait and see attitude before anointing him as the second coming.

I don't expect a fan infected with the Homerism Disease to ask these questions about McD and its all good----Some fans are just unable to look at the big picture.

However, critically thinking realistic Denver Bronco fans are probably asking these same questions about McD....plain and simple.

The reality is McD is replacing a Legend in Mike Shanahan and will continue to live in the shadow of the greatest Bronco coach in its 50 plus year history.

Thats not HATE....Its Just Reality.
First, I'd say most people here are adopting a "wait and see" with McDaniels and not anointing him anything. Other than our coach for the current time and the immediate future (2-3 more seasons, minimum). Your alarmist attitude is annoying and, frankly, very stupid.

I thought potheads were supposed to be mellow, brah.

"Will McD's first 4 years equal what Shanny accomplished in his first 4 years as the Broncos HC?"
I don't know. Neither do you.

"Will McD even have the same win-loss record Shanny had after 6 or years?"

"Will or can McD have Denver in the SB w/i 4 to 6 years? or will McD be fired in 3 or 4 years?"

"Will McD be the 2nd coming of Jon Gruden but eventually end up as an NFL Color Analyst?"

"Over next 3 or 4 years will McD even duplicate what Shanny record in his last 3 or 4 years as Denver's HC?"

"Will McD end up back in NE as Belichicks OC in 3 or 4 years?"

What's the point of asking these "important" questions, exactly? The only way to know -- again, the ONLY way -- is to wait and see.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #11
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Will McDaniels fly a car to the moon?

Will McDaniels' hoodie fly off, revealing that he has tremendous boobies?

Will McDaniels lead this team to a Super Bowl THIS YEAR after barely making the playoffs?

Will McDaniels find gold in his backyard while gardening with his wife in the off season, then decide that he wants to retire to Montana and become a gentleman rancher?

Will McDaniels run for office after winning three Super Bowls in 4 years?

Will McDaniels be the coach of the Denver Broncos for the next 32 seasons?

You're not asking big picture questions. You're asking regular questions, questions that will only be answered as we continue with Josh McDaniels as this team's coach. I'd advise that you enjoy the ride.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Shanahan was already a HC once before when he took the Denver job. So you're attempting to compare a rookie HC to someone who was in his 2nd stint. Not exactly equal footing. Add 2 years to your questions, then I think they're on equal ground.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Are you ****ing serious? Is THIS the criteria you have for McD to have success. Shanahan inherited the best QB of all time, one of the best TE's of all time, had one of the best RB's of all time. So, yeah that would be a tall task for McD.

Shanny didn't come to Denver and try and trade away Elway. Also, Moreno is his version of TD or why draft a RB in the first round!! McD in herited BMarsh who basically is a modern day Shannon Sharpe--so thats a poor excuse you're trying to make. Hey crybaby....no one told McJesus and Bowlen to go out and try to trade for Cassel then lie and antagonize Cutler out of Denver; only to end up with a QB that is limited talent and athletic wise, who can manage your team to 2-7 record w/o throwing alot of interceptions and TD passes! Why you Butt Snorkeling McD sycophants can't deal with the reality that your boy coach is under the microscope, shows you guys have got some growing up to do. Fair or not this scrutiny comes with the territory of taking on a HCing job of Denver Broncos.

And since when do you Shanny ball-lickers only count the first 4-6 years of his tenure....that's ancient history pal. How about the mediocrity over the last 10 years?? Yeah, Shanny is/was a legend....but even the best coaches decline......Shula, Landry....the game passed them by. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Shanny or not....but....

When are you Chamber-Maid-Belly Warming McD supporters going to realilze that at some point Ole' Joshua is going to be measured against Shanny one way or the other? Shanny was here for 14 years and w/i that time he's won 2 SB's. Thats nothing to sneeze at. Point is, its fair to judge and compare McD's won-loss record in compare to Shanny's at different stages and it isn't ancient history--You loser! Like it or not, McD is living and coaching in Shanny's Shadow.

As for as your stupid 10 yr argument, will you homer cry babies even give McD 10 yrs to coach in Denver? F*@K no. But what we can measure or compare when it comes to McD and Shanny is at the 4 year intervals. We can grade and compare McD and Shanny with their first 4 years respectively or we can comprare/predict whether McD can do better in his first 4 years what Shanny accomplished in his last 4 years. So stop crying and running away from having McJesus compared to Shanny. Man-the-F*@K up why don'tcha and let the chips fall where they may.

what we do know is Shanny was an egomaniac and a nepotist. He wanted "yes" men....as evidenced by the fact he went through 4 defensive coodinators in 4 years....and finally settled on one who is his best friend, despite the fact the guy has no business being a DC anywhere in professional football.

And what personality trait-type does McD exhibit? Ole' Josh wouldn't be a 30 something--stubborn I know it all type ROOKIE HC....is he? McD wouldn't have a reputation who's loose with the truth and may one day prove that his "Rah-Rah demeanor and hi shrill voice is the perfect receipe to drive his players Freaking Crazy at some point. Who knows, McD may prove he's the
2nd coming of another 30 something year old HC by the name of Jon Gruden before its all said and done. I wouldn't mind b/c Jon at least had the Raiders on the verge of a SB and coached TB to a SB victory.

Here's a question for ya, can or will McD even have the same success and accomplishments of Jon Gruden---let alone Mike Shanahan.

The thread isn't an epic fail .....you just overdosed on your HOMER MEDICATION or failed to take your HOMER MEDICATION at all.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #14
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Hi Brit.....so tell me why you still think the world is flat!
Yours or ours??
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Rasta, you should be in a better position to answer all of these, since you have some kind of mind reading ability with Josh.

Or does that only work on matters regarding Hillis?
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Will McDaniels fly a car to the moon?
Will McDaniels' hoodie fly off, revealing that he has tremendous boobies?
Will McDaniels lead this team to a Super Bowl THIS YEAR after barely making the playoffs?
Will McDaniels find gold in his backyard while gardening with his wife in the off season, then decide that he wants to retire to Montana and become a gentleman rancher?

None of your above questions have anything to do with football let alone a HC in the NFL. Why you continue to sniff glue so much is beyond me. But maybe sniffing glue is a hazing requirement of becoming a Homer Bronco Fan.

Will McDaniels run for office after winning three Super Bowls in 4 years?

Which office are you refering to dumb azz? City, State, or Nation wide? Idiot!

Will McDaniels be the coach of the Denver Broncos for the next 32 seasons?

Will you even be a Bronco Fan or alive 32 years from now? Will the Broncos leave Denver and go to LA 32 years from now?...Moron!

You're not asking big picture questions. You're asking regular questions, questions that will only be answered as we continue with Josh McDaniels as this team's coach. I'd advise that you enjoy the ride.
These are big picture questions for narrow minded Homer fans like you, whose shown the unique ability not to think outside the box. Buts what's new....you're a Robtic Homer.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Yours or ours??
Your Nose or your Head?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Shanahan was already a HC once before when he took the Denver job. So you're attempting to compare a rookie HC to someone who was in his 2nd stint. Not exactly equal footing. Add 2 years to your questions, then I think they're on equal ground.
Yep! he coached a total of 20 games with the Raiders. He 7-9 his first year and 1-6 his second year!

Looks like McD still has a chance to tie or exceed Shanny's first year record as a HC.....so whats your point Li'll Abner?

Are you saying we can't compare McD until after he's fired by Bowlen and he coaches his 2nd team?

Or do we wait until Bowlen Fires McD after 20 games and then compare Josh with Shanny?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
These are big picture questions for narrow minded Homer fans like you, whose shown the unique ability not to think outside the box. Buts what's new....you're a Robtic Homer.
What's cute is when you tell other people that they should just respond without insults, then you respond with nothing but insults.

Every one of those questions is at least as relevant as the ones originally posted in this laugher of a thread.

Lemme get this straight: Thinking the worst at all times is "thinking outside of the box"?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #20
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Yep! he coached a total of 20 games with the Raiders. He 7-9 his first year and 1-6 his second year!

Looks like McD still has a chance to tie or exceed Shanny's first year record as a HC.....so whats your point Li'll Abner?

Are you saying we can't compare McD until after he's fired by Bowlen and he coaches his 2nd team?

Or do we wait until Bowlen Fires McD after 20 games and then compare Josh with Shanny?
Yeah, that's the point moron. But then no one on this site actually thinks you have the critical thinking skills necessary to be able to understand half of what is said in response to your posts.

Actually it means that Shanny was in Year 3 as a HC when he took over in Denver and won a SB in Year 5. So your comparisons should be based on that timeframe when you're talking about what Shanny accomplished in 4 years here since he wasn't a rookie coach when he took over.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #21
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

So now jay cutler is john elway? Do rastafarians smoke crack also?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #22
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

It wouldn't be fair to expect McD to do what Shanny did in his first four years. It wouldn't be fair to ask any coach to do that. There probably aren't many coaches who in their first four years accomplished what Shanny did.

I'd say that McD has to at least make this team a contender for him stick around. Hovering around .500 over the next few years isn't going to keep him around. So if I were him, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Orton. He better find his QB quick.

Quote:

As much as I don't agree with the comments/questions that started this thread, I don't see why there was a need to bash Shanny. Shanny did inherit some great players, but he didn't inherit a great team, he created one. What did that team do with those great players do before Shanny got there? A whole lot of nothing. They were a .500 team for a few years. So Shanny does deserve some credit. He deserves a lot of credit. On the flip side, he deserves some blame for what happened over the next ten years, but I wouldn't go as far as to trash the guy.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 12-30-2009 at 09:48 AM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Well, the Raiders have really only had one head coach over the last 40+ years
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
What's cute is when you tell other people that they should just respond without insults, then you respond with nothing but insults.

Every one of those questions is at least as relevant as the ones originally posted in this laugher of a thread.

Lemme get this straight: Thinking the worst at all times is "thinking outside of the box"?
What I get a kick out of is that over in the WRP forum Rasta rails against people and certain news organizations who parade an agenda under the guise of "thinking outside the box," and then he marches right over to the football boards and does the exact same thing with equal ignorant fervor, made up scenarios, and name calling. He's a football repug.

Last edited by bowtown; 12-30-2009 at 10:00 AM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Will a team of Underpants Gnomes sneak into my room tonight and steal my brand new Jockeys?

Will a red-nosed gorilla break into my apartment, steal my dog and start a reality show called "Ape and Dog Get Married?"

Will I drink too much NyQuil tonight and pee my bed, wake up in the morning and blame it on my girlfriend? (obviously yes)

Is my TV sending me secret messages telling me to flip my couch cushions over every ten minutes?

All more pressing questions for me at the moment, Rasta...

Oh, BTW, why the F are all the bans based on Mountain Time.....I think this is biased for the East Coast crowd....I got up and turned my computer on December 25th and waited for 10AM to hit, only to be extremely disappointed when I had to wait ANOTHER TWO HOURS!!!

all for saying I "mile high saluted someone's mom" --- (family reference = 1 week ban)
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote