The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,225
Default NFL releases playoff scenarios

here's the official 'another playoff' thread

Denver Clinches a playoff spot with:

1) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Baltimore loss or tie OR

2) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

3) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Houston win OR

4) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

5) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Houston win OR

6) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss OR

7) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and N.Y.Jets loss OR

8) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

9) Pittsburgh loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

10) Miami loss or tie and N.Y. Jets loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss or tie.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0b1FSBjRS
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

the 3rd scenario is really the only one I can see happening
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,691
Default

At least there are chit load of scenarios.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
At least there are chit load of scenarios.
Yep! high chance of getting in, all we need to do is win and let things happen.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
Yep! high chance of getting in, all we need to do is win and let things happen.
well, they are all predicated on Baltimore or the Jets losing...

neither of which is likely...the Jets will be playing the Bengals backups and the Ravens are playing the Raiders

we sealed our own fate
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Jets open at -10
Ravens at -9.5
Texans -7.5
Broncos -13.5
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 5,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
At least there are chit load of scenarios.
Ya but unfortunately 7 out of the 10 requires Baltimore to lose. But the fact we have a chance is better than no chance. I agree # 3 is our best chance.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
here's the official 'another playoff' thread

Denver Clinches a playoff spot with:

1) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Baltimore loss or tie OR

2) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

3) Win and N.Y. Jets loss or tie and Houston win OR

4) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Pittsburgh loss or tie OR

5) Win and Baltimore loss or tie and Houston win OR

6) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss OR

7) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and N.Y.Jets loss OR

8) Pittsburgh loss and Baltimore loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

9) Pittsburgh loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss and N.Y. Jets loss OR

10) Miami loss or tie and N.Y. Jets loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss or tie.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0b1FSBjRS
I don't see how the JETS lose the game against Cincy backups.
Also, BAL will destroy OAK..very bleak.

We need to blame ourselves for this debacle.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
well, they are all predicated on Baltimore or the Jets losing...

neither of which is likely...the Jets will be playing the Bengals backups and the Ravens are playing the Raiders

we sealed our own fate
True that, so that does lessen the chances. Do we know that Cincy is resting starters or just assuming? They haven't been playing great so I don't think they should feel that they can coast into the playoffs.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

Broncos win, and we will all see how it shakes out. If we dont make it to the playoffs, we made a game improvement over last season's record. If we do, it ends a 3 year playoff drought. Either way this season has exceeded what I thought the team would do.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

Have the bengals announced they will be resting their starters?
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,600

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If we win it will still be one less than I had thought we would win. The Raiders game was just brutal.

Regardless, I am more excited for our future prospects than I have been in a long time. Brutal schedule, and we were in the mix to win 13 of those games, with 2 of the other ones with our starting QB out.

This team does not give up no matter the hole they're in or caliber of team they are playing.

If we address our OL this season and our secondary depth, next season should be incredibly exciting.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
bronco militia
Ring of Famer
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Have the bengals announced they will be resting their starters?
they must have...jets open as 10.5 favorites.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I don't see how the JETS lose the game against Cincy backups.
Also, BAL will destroy OAK..very bleak.

We need to blame ourselves for this debacle.
Pretty much agree with you, but Baltimore is 2-5 on the road this year. A glimmer of hope, but very faint.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
well, they are all predicated on Baltimore or the Jets losing...

neither of which is likely...the Jets will be playing the Bengals backups and the Ravens are playing the Raiders

we sealed our own fate
yep our Coach played safe Ball and it bite him in the ass . Our owner lost some big bucks not hosting a game I hope he is pissed.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #16
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,788
Default

Redskins and Raiders losses were backbreakers.

The others were just to better teams.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Redskins and Raiders losses were backbreakers.

The others were just to better teams.
I still can't forget the loss against OAK..

We played like **** against them.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.
 
Rulon Velvet Jones's Avatar
 
Tight Butthole

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 6,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Have the bengals announced they will be resting their starters?
Isn't that a privilege usually set aside for good teams? The Bengals aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders right now.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I still can't forget the loss against OAK..

We played like **** against them.
The Washington game stiicks out for me. We had control of that game, then the fake punt, Orton gets hurt, then Simms.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Isn't that a privilege usually set aside for good teams? The Bengals aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders right now.

The 3rd and 4th seeds are still up for grabs. Bengals win and NE loses, Cinci gets the 3rd seed.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,046
Default

Only one I see working hand in hand is

We want Houston to beat NE so that the Bengals will have to play to win and play their starters the whole game to lock up the 3rd spot in the playoffs in case the Bengals ever face off against NE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Isn't that a privilege usually set aside for good teams? The Bengals aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders right now.
Thats what I am saying I don't think they wanna rest their starters and their starters probably don't wanna rest especially considering its going to be the SNF primtime game, no one wants to sit on national TV.

but in order to insure they will not sit their starters would be NE losing to Hou. Regardless of what NE does I don't see the Bengals sitting their starters unless they have a significant lead off more than 3 scores.

Last edited by KevinJames; 12-28-2009 at 01:55 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #22
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
The Washington game stiicks out for me. We had control of that game, then the fake punt, Orton gets hurt, then Simms.
Fake Punt, 3rd and 25 and Russell scoring winning TD...
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Only one I see working hand in hand is

We want Houston to beat NE so that the Bengals will have to play to win and play their starters the whole game to lock up the 3rd spot in the playoffs in case the Bengals ever face off against NE.
Can HOU beat NE?
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Can HOU beat NE?

Its at Houston. NE has a 2-5 mark on the road.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #25
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,014
Default

ehhhh...

This is what happens when you lose to a crap Oakland team at home in December...

It's hard to believe we were 6-0 at one point.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Denver Broncos