The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
orange 4 life
Old School Orange

Home team qb homer

Default Finally watched the debacle in Philly

Sunday was the only time I could spend time with my son so I recorded it. My sister (thankfully) clued me in that we had lost so I didn't watch it that night. With everything else thats happened in life recently I didn't think I could handle it then, and I couldn't handle it today either. Sorry all, but I just had to vent a little. MORE questionable playcalling, more punts from the opponents 40 (or thereabouts. Our M.O. this season), and while I hate to do this, PAINFULLY awful officiating. With all the prior bad calls, don't you think they could've held the flag on our final possession? I was too pissed to watch it more than a couple times, but that was a hold that SHOULDN'T have been called, and if it's not, who knows what would've happened?

Those complaining about Orton are nuts. This guy is a winner. Unfortunately he's been handcuffed far too often and far too often our coaches have called games not to lose as opposed to really going after the win. God knows Orton aint the problem. We have a solid QB, and we better keep him.

Botttom line is late season collapses are common since Elway retired, but this one is different. This team DOESN'T quit. This team probably should've won ALL THREE of the last games, and at least two of them. How do you not score from the two against Oakland? How do you let them march down the field after that?
How do you not even hold Indy to a FG on THEIR final drive?
How do you let McNabb RUN for a 1st down on third and 20+?
Why do we INSIST on running the ball into an 8 man front on 1st down CONSTANTLY?
Why do we change our playcalling EVERY time we cross the 50?

In years past we've DESERVED the losses late in the season, and our players clearly quit on us and themselves.

These guys fight, and these guys deserve to be in the playoffs.

I have no doubt we'll be on the outside looking in, and that's a good thing for the top seeds, because I ALSO have no doubt that we CAN beat ANYONE in the league on ANY field, and I HAVEN'T been able to say that about our team in a long time.
What a freaking shame. God I'm depressed. I know I'm too emotionally attached to the success or failure of this team, but sometimes when life is tough, it's unavoidable. I was really counting on this team to give me a lift, and unfortunately it's more like the straw that broke the camels back. It's not officially over yet, but it's close. Again, very sorry to dump, but I'm just more depressed than I've ever been before, and our team hasn't helped.

Jake

P.S.- A belated Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Orton will bring us a championship. Mark it down. He is the definition of clutch.

On a side note, sorry to hear you're going through some turmoil. Keep your head up the best you can and may 2010 bring you much better blessings.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
orange 4 life
Old School Orange

Home team qb homer

Thanks alot old buddy. Good to see you here. One day at a time right? Just gotta keep fighting and have faith that things will turn around. Thanks for the kind words.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Jake, keep your head up, bro.

I was moping around Sunday, as well... but honestly, this team battled their asses off. I was proud to be a fan on Sunday. There's no shame in losing when you're simply out-gunned, as long as you fought the best fight you could.

We're building something and that takes time. Plenty of teams are better than us right now. The quick start this year was a tease, and a bit of a mixed blessing. It shut a lot of nay-sayers up, but also probably got expectations too high. This was, at best... a .500ish team going into the season. I think if we finish with a win, 9-7 is really great progress, considering all of the work we've done on both sides of the ball.

Hang in there, dude. Your patience will be rewarded.

Hope you have a great 2010!
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Your comments reinforce my belief that Bowlen and McD are leading the Broncos in the right direction.

The defense has been turned around in one year (actually less) and next year I expect our offense to show improvement.

The off season should be more enjoyable this coming year (of course after our return to the playoffs beginning next week).
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I'd say our defense can go toe to toe with any offense in this league but if our own offense cant move the ball consistently and score then what's the ****ing point

One unit can only make so many stops and plays but if you're sitting there on the sidelines after just stopping your opponent once again whilst gasping for breath only to see your other unit go 3 and out again it must break your heart at some point.

Orton's lack of ability is a problem but there's been some other players on that unit who just haven't shown up this year such as Royal and internal line guys. Maybe the latter where spoilt with the ability of JC to slip the odd sack or two or to not face multiple rushers because the defense know the lack of ability your QB as, but this is a team game and you get over it and do what you can to give the guy behind you that extra second or two to find the open receiver, not wear down at seasons end, commit penalty after penalty and give him less than 4 seconds to throw.

A lot of players didn't take the golden opportunity the 11 on the other side of the ball handed them consistently and that's a crying shame, but for me it's still a positive because all of us on here have been crying out for that defense for over a decade and it can only get better and IMHO, McDaniels will find a way to make the offense better as well.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
I'd say our defense can go toe to toe with any offense in this league but if our own offense cant move the ball consistently and score then what's the ****ing point

One unit can only make so many stops and plays but if you're sitting there on the sidelines after just stopping your opponent once again whilst gasping for breath only to see your other unit go 3 and out again it must break your heart at some point.
To be fair, it's not like this offense is hanging the defense out to dry in 3-6 or 6-9 type losses. Outside of the Raider game, the defense has given up at least 27 pts in each loss. And we're not talking about tons of 4th quarter scoring here that is normally the signature of a tired defense. Most of the scoring is coming in the 1st half, regardless of what the offense does.

That's not exactly getting it done on the defensive side of the ball IMO.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

What's your take on the recent performance of Raheem Morris, though? I hear he's doing amazing things in Tampa.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Orton's lack of ability is a problem but there's been some other players on that unit who just haven't shown up this year such as Royal and internal line guys. Maybe the latter where spoilt with the ability of JC to slip the odd sack or two or to not face multiple rushers because the defense know the lack of ability your QB as, but this is a team game and you get over it and do what you can to give the guy behind you that extra second or two to find the open receiver, not wear down at seasons end, commit penalty after penalty and give him less than 4 seconds to throw.

A lot of players didn't take the golden opportunity the 11 on the other side of the ball handed them consistently and that's a crying shame, but for me it's still a positive because all of us on here have been crying out for that defense for over a decade and it can only get better and IMHO, McDaniels will find a way to make the offense better as well.

Its frustrating because our defense this season has played some of the best QBs in football and won more of those games then people thought they would. To make the Mannings, Brady, McNabb and Romo look bad drive after drive is an amazing feat, and makes me supremely happy we landed Nolan. If our offense can get 7 instead of three just once more than we actually did, we beat the Colts, we beat Philly and we beat Oakland, and instead of an 8-7 record we are at 11-4 in the playoffs and putting a ton of pressure on the Chuggers. Its ****ing frustrating.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
If our offense can get 7 instead of three just once more than we actually did, we beat the Colts
How? They lost to Indy by 12, not 3 or less.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How? They lost to Indy by 12, not 3 or less.

21-16 with 5 minutes left. At that point the Colts had done nothing through 25 minutes of the 2nd half. A TD for Denver instead of a fieldgoal knots the game at 21. Maybe the result would have been the same, a 28-21 win for Indi rather than a 28-16 win. My point was better RZ efficiency completely changes the way the last 5 minutes of that game goes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
My point was better RZ efficiency completely changes the way the last 5 minutes of that game goes.

That's better, but not at all what you said above though about them definitely being 11-4 if they turned just one fg into a TD each game.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Shut up Jake Nothin is that bad.

Am I gonna have to drag you ass down to Cabo

We'll walk in the desert without water until you forget your problems.

It's a football game dude get a grip.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Its frustrating because our defense this season has played some of the best QBs in football and won more of those games then people thought they would. To make the Mannings, Brady, McNabb and Romo look bad drive after drive is an amazing feat, and makes me supremely happy we landed Nolan. If our offense can get 7 instead of three just once more than we actually did, we beat the Colts, we beat Philly and we beat Oakland, and instead of an 8-7 record we are at 11-4 in the playoffs and putting a ton of pressure on the Chuggers. Its ****ing frustrating.

THIS...and i hear ya orange 4 life..hang in there!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
To be fair, it's not like this offense is hanging the defense out to dry in 3-6 or 6-9 type losses. Outside of the Raider game, the defense has given up at least 27 pts in each loss. And we're not talking about tons of 4th quarter scoring here that is normally the signature of a tired defense. Most of the scoring is coming in the 1st half, regardless of what the offense does.

That's not exactly getting it done on the defensive side of the ball IMO.

We're 8th in the league in points conceded which is pretty good IMO given the fact we've played 7 games against the top 9 offenses in the country.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #16
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
We're 8th in the league in points conceded which is pretty good IMO given the fact we've played 7 games against the top 9 offenses in the country.
Not to take anything away from that, it's still impressive considering what we had last year, but we've also played 5 (soon to be 6) games against teams in the bottom 9 in scoring.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #17
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

If just somehow we catch a break this Sunday and get into the playoffs, I truly believe that we can do some damage and win this thing. Remember the Steelers in '05? They got that 6th seed on the final day of the season by beating Detroit and getting help from other teams and went on to win it all? We can do the same thing, but we just need to catch a break, something this organization hasn't had in a long time. Sunday will be our break day I predict. Hey Jake, hang in there, I'll pray for you, we are all family here and remember, this thing ain't over yet, we still have a chance.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:26 AM   #18
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Happy New Year Jake. To new beginnings!

This team may surprise yet this year.

Hang in there.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
If just somehow we catch a break this Sunday and get into the playoffs, I truly believe that we can do some damage and win this thing. Remember the Steelers in '05? They got that 6th seed on the final day of the season by beating Detroit and getting help from other teams and went on to win it all? We can do the same thing, but we just need to catch a break, something this organization hasn't had in a long time. Sunday will be our break day I predict. Hey Jake, hang in there, I'll pray for you, we are all family here and remember, this thing ain't over yet, we still have a chance.
Amen
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote