The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default Over the last 10 games...

After our 6-0 start, we have now gone 2-7.

That means that in the last 10 game (bye week included) we only have 2 wins. That is 3rd worst in the league over that period only behind the Lions and the Rams.

Is that playoff worthy?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post

That means that in the last 10 game (bye week included) we only have 2 wins. That is 3rd worst in the league over that period only behind the Lions and the Rams.

Is that playoff worthy?
No dipshiat, that means in the last 9 games we have 2 wins. The bye week is not a game. WTF, is it just early or are people really this fooking stupid?

And no, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. I can excuse away the loss to the Redskins although it hurt. I can overlook the 4 game skid starting with the Ravens thumping... but I cannot get over the Faider loss... at home... with a chance to seal the deal for the playoffs. We win vs the Faid and we have a huge upper hand going into this weekend's game vs the Chefs.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Meck77

Well slade there is a very scientific formula to determine who is playoff worthy. Every wild card team is hovering around the 8 wins we have. 8 wins is 8 wins no matter how you slice it.

I find it funny how Bronco fans think our season is any more painful or dramatic then what any other football fan goes thru. It's all the same......
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I was unaware that the playoffs were determined by the last 10 weeks of the season. I was under the impression that the playoffs were determined by all 17 weeks.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The second half of the season has been a real bummer, there is no denying this. It looks as if the team is struggling when it should be solidifying or gelling (on offense) and this is very upsetting to me.

I defended the oline when other posters wanted to bbq the oline for the running game, however, I'll eat a little crow on that... I don't think it's Dennison that is the problem, however I do think that bigger interior olinemen will be needed for the power running game that McD likes so much. As for Orton, my defense of him is that he's a very solid QB IF he has a ligit running game to take pressure off him. He has not had a decent running game to back him up for a long time.

I think McD should give Orton one more year to prove he can win consistently with this team. I also think McD should go ahead and draft a QB somewhere in the middle to late rounds, a kid he likes, a kid he thinks he can groom for the future. Now, I know we already have Brandstatter, but it's ok if another young QB comes in and competes with Brandstatter.

Give Orton another year, get the oline fixed, get the running game going, keep building the defense and this is a playoff team!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Tombstone:

That post gets the Beantown Bronco stamp of approval.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The second half of the season has been a real bummer, there is no denying this. It looks as if the team is struggling when it should be solidifying or gelling (on offense) and this is very upsetting to me.

I defended the oline when other posters wanted to bbq the oline for the running game, however, I'll eat a little crow on that... I don't think it's Dennison that is the problem, however I do think that bigger interior olinemen will be needed for the power running game that McD likes so much. As for Orton, my defense of him is that he's a very solid QB IF he has a ligit running game to take pressure off him. He has not had a decent running game to back him up for a long time.

I think McD should give Orton one more year to prove he can win consistently with this team. I also think McD should go ahead and draft a QB somewhere in the middle to late rounds, a kid he likes, a kid he thinks he can groom for the future. Now, I know we already have Brandstatter, but it's ok if another young QB comes in and competes with Brandstatter.

Give Orton another year, get the oline fixed, get the running game going, keep building the defense and this is a playoff team!
third.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Is that playoff worthy?
If they make the playoffs it is.

It stinks, but there we are. I'm not gonna cry too much, but that is certainly not a good stretch run.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

if we win on sunday, this would be the worst final 10 game stretch (3-7) for the Broncos since 1990, when they also lost 7 of their final 10 to finish 5-11.

if we lose on sunday, they'll match a record of futility for the final 10 games of a season (2-8) not seen since 1967.

if this somehow all feel familiar, it's because Shanny's Broncos lost 6 of their final 10 in each of the previous 3 seasons (2008, 2007, and 2006).

this late season swoon is really getting old!

Last edited by Gort; 12-28-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
even if we win on sunday, this would be the worst final 10 game stretch (3-7) for the Broncos since 1990, when they also lost 7 of their final 10 to finish 5-11.
this is on par with what most of us thought of this team after the pre-season.

bummer
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

Is that playoff worthy?
That's the reason i am not excited about this team as i don't see much positives.

Same old **** every year.. Start Fast and then fade in the end.
Lose some games to inferior teams like OAK, BUF, SF every year.

As you said, we won 2 games out of 9..I am ok to lose to PHI..But, losing to OAK still hurts.OAK can't win against Cleveland and yet we lost to them.

Kyle Orton is a big liability.He would have run couple of times for first downs.
When pressure is there, he ducks instead of throwing the ball.
We need a great defense for Orton to win games. We got the couple of times at midfield.yet, we couldn't win the game.

If Mcd keeps continuing Orton next year(without bringing competition), he will not get extension after his contract expires.

With Orton, our team will be average.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Bowlen has annouced a logo change for the team next year.

Good news is he will be keeping the same team colors. The zepplin will be navy blue while the conflagration of incinerating hydrogen and burning bodies will be orange.
Attached Images

Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Broncomutt, that's pretty lame.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
We need a great defense for Orton to win games. We got the couple of times at midfield.yet, we couldn't win the game.
Great? No. Good? Yes.

How about one that holds Philly to 26 pts or less? That's all we needed yesterday, and that's hardly what I would call "great".
Old 12-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Great? No. Good? Yes.

How about one that holds Philly to 26 pts or less? That's all we needed yesterday, and that's hardly what I would call "great".
the defense gave the offense enough opportunities to win the game.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

As I watched the game yesterday I kept saying to myself, why do they only throw the ball within 5-8 yds of the line of scrimmage so much? Then they threw it long and my question was answered Orton does not throw the ball downfield like an NFL qb should. He should've led his reciever to the middle with his throw away from the defender, instead he threw it to where the defender had better position than the reciever thus it was intercepted. But why are they not throwing more of the 10-15 yd stuff like New England does?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #17
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Is it fair if we sneak into the playoffs.... Yes
Is it fair if the Jets get in by Indy laying down and Cincy doing the same.... No

Is it fair that I pay taxes ..... no
Is it fair that you pay taxes ..... yes
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
the defense gave the offense enough opportunities to win the game.
And the offense scored enough points to win the game, too, if the defense showed up for even 30 minutes instead of the 25 they showed up for. Two can play this game.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The Broncos are a good team. They over acheived early and won a few games that they should have lost.

But again...nobody predicted this team to win more than 5-6 games this year. The Cutler trade was supposed to send this franchise into hell never to be heard from again...

McDaniels is building a team and as had to work with some left overs and cheap filler players. He's had his bad play calls and tried to force issues (running game), but over all he's had this team play beyond it's talent level.

Not one of the three D-line are known names and most likely two of them will be rotational back ups nect year.

The O-line... it was built by Shanny to be light and fast. This offense requires bigger stronger linemen to drive block and hold the LOS. Broncos fans better get used to seeing bigger O-linemen in the future.

Orton is good enough to win. But he needs a running game and Denver must find another weapon to go along with Marshall. Using the Bears top 10 pick on a play making wideout wouldn't bother me at all.

Getting a Dez Bryant (bigger stronger than Royal) to start beside Marshall would free up the middle.

----

Everyone calls this a huge collapse... please last year was a collapse. This year was a team playing above it's head early (manly on defense) and winning games not with talent but with heart and some luck. The team came back down to earth, had some injuries and wore down (defense) facing bigger teams.

This team wasn't supposed to win. But they did and then everyone started thinking Super Bowl... it's always like that with the Mane for some reason. Either it's really low or overly high. Never in the middle of the road.

If Denver wins Sunday, beating the Chiefs, it's a winning season 9-7 and with some help they sneak into the playoffs. Back in April-may if someone told me this team would be in this spot come the last week of the season. I'd be more than happy.

9-7 season with a rookie coach, new offense, new defense, new players, journey-men players on the D-Line, off-field drama, The Trade...that's a succesful season!
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

I agree with everything , however I really wish McD would run the zone blocking scheme until he gets the players he needs for his power running game.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Great? No. Good? Yes.

Why is it that the Defense always has to bail out Orton? The Defense has had to carry Orton all year long. How about Orton stepping up and carry the Defense sometimes??

See Why some folks believe Orton is a high maintenance QB!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610 View Post
i agree with everything , however i really wish mcd would run the zone blocking scheme until he gets the players he needs for his power running game.
touche'!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Why is it that the Defense always has to bail out Orton? The Defense has had to carry Orton all year long. How about Orton stepping up and carry the Defense sometimes??

See Why some folks believe Orton is a high maintenance QB!
So "not giving up 30 pts" is bailing out a QB now? Unreal.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

----

Everyone calls this a huge collapse... please last year was a collapse.
Give me a break... This has been every bit as huge of a collapse as last year. No matter how you spin it.

I said from the begining that 8-8 would be a masterful job of coaching by this kid. So at 9-7 it's even better that anything I thought possible, but losing 7 out of the last 10 (assuming we win Sunday) is pathetic.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
The Broncos are a good team. They over acheived early and won a few games that they should have lost.

But again...nobody predicted this team to win more than 5-6 games this year. The Cutler trade was supposed to send this franchise into hell never to be heard from again...

McDaniels is building a team and as had to work with some left overs and cheap filler players. He's had his bad play calls and tried to force issues (running game), but over all he's had this team play beyond it's talent level.

Not one of the three D-line are known names and most likely two of them will be rotational back ups nect year.

The O-line... it was built by Shanny to be light and fast. This offense requires bigger stronger linemen to drive block and hold the LOS. Broncos fans better get used to seeing bigger O-linemen in the future.

Orton is good enough to win. But he needs a running game and Denver must find another weapon to go along with Marshall. Using the Bears top 10 pick on a play making wideout wouldn't bother me at all.

Getting a Dez Bryant (bigger stronger than Royal) to start beside Marshall would free up the middle.

----

Everyone calls this a huge collapse... please last year was a collapse. This year was a team playing above it's head early (manly on defense) and winning games not with talent but with heart and some luck. The team came back down to earth, had some injuries and wore down (defense) facing bigger teams.

This team wasn't supposed to win. But they did and then everyone started thinking Super Bowl... it's always like that with the Mane for some reason. Either it's really low or overly high. Never in the middle of the road.

If Denver wins Sunday, beating the Chiefs, it's a winning season 9-7 and with some help they sneak into the playoffs. Back in April-may if someone told me this team would be in this spot come the last week of the season. I'd be more than happy.

9-7 season with a rookie coach, new offense, new defense, new players, journey-men players on the D-Line, off-field drama, The Trade...that's a succesful season!
We won 2 out of 9 games..That's horrible..Defense has a tape of our team now. Everyone knew that we always throw short pases.

Mcd's is not a aggressive playcaller. I am not sure how they scored so many points when he is with NE..It seems that he doesn't trust Orton.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote