The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Default Is this a new generation fan thing? hating your "team" just to be correct?

I remember the wars we had on this board (or it may have been Broncomania board) about brian Griese Debates. Some loved him, some hated him. There really was no in between. You were in one camp or another. They were some heated debates and there was never an agreement on the issue between the divided parties.
That said, one thing I never saw was "gloating" or "I told you so". We all cheered for the Broncos because they were "our" team.

10 years later, instead of Brianna vs "Plan B", its Shanny/Cutler vs McD/Orton. The names have changed and my god, has the attitude changed. Am I the only one that feels people on this board are happy when the broncos struggle just so they can get on here and start stupid ass "I told you so" threads? If I am the only one that views it this way, I apologize for this thread. If I'm not the only one with this opinion, what the hell is wrong with these Broncos "fans"? I dont get it.

I was the biggest anti Brianna guy out there but I would NEVER take happiness in a Broncos loss because it would deem my arguements "correct". Thats a stance I'll never understand. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it an immature generation thing? I can't comprehend the logic.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

There are a few posters on here that fit this description.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

I think it's a "trolls who get off on pissing other people off" thing more than anything. With maybe a dash of "douchebags who mistake being relentlessly negative for 'telling it like it is'."

The internet: Greatest tool for discussion and the sharing of knowledge in history. Greatest enabler of a-holes via anonymity in history.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
I think it's a "trolls who get off on pissing other people off" thing more than anything. With maybe a dash of "douchebags who mistake being relentlessly negative for 'telling it like it is'."

The internet: Greatest tool for discussion and the sharing of knowledge in history. Greatest enabler of a-holes via anonymity in history.
It's a shame the mods allow these"trolls" to ruin this once great message board. I guess if you share the feeling of those in control, you can run amok.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Its friggin retarded as hell. My guess is they get ZERO attention from Mommy or Wifey
Old 12-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Its friggin retarded as hell. My guess is they get ZERO attention from Mommy or Wifey
Mommy is more likely.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This happened during the Shanahan era, just not in the same volume that there is right now. Back then it was Wolf playing the part of Broncofan7.

I mean, regardless of what context anyone wants to put around it, we are in the middle of one of the worst collapses in Broncos history. Go to any Broncos forum right now, tune into any Broncos talk show, and you're going to hear a lot of the same stuff.

Last edited by Taco John; 12-27-2009 at 07:48 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This happened during the Shanahan era, just not in the same volume that there is right now.

I mean, regardless of what context anyone wants to put around it, we are in the middle of one of the worst collapses in Broncos history. Go to any Broncos forum right now, tune into any Broncos talk show, and you're going to hear a lot of the same stuff.
We have been in a collapse for the last few years. Mediocre seasons. We are now in a rebirth. Young rookie coach without Jesus Crist Cutler leads his team to the same if not a better record than the mastermind and his "pro-bowl" qb. I say the future is bright.
But I guess this explains why the trolls are allowed to ruin this message board.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
I was the biggest anti Brianna guy out there but I would NEVER take happiness in a Broncos loss because it would deem my arguements "correct". Thats a stance I'll never understand. Can anyone shed light on this? Is it an immature generation thing? I can't comprehend the logic.
Absolutely.

Like Meck pointed out... most just aren't fans. But, we've seen some seemingly good fans turn on the team.

The defense is, "you can still be a fan and be critical."

Of course. No one doubts that.

But, there's a wide gap between being constructively critical and being a flat-out troll, posting celebratory threads when we lose.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Celebratory trolling is going to happen, although those people are probably pissed just like any fan of the team is. I doubt anybody that bothers to post regularly here is faking being a fan of the team
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
I remember the wars we had on this board (or it may have been Broncomania board) about brian Griese Debates. Some loved him, some hated him. There really was no in between. You were in one camp or another. They were some heated debates and there was never an agreement on the issue between the divided parties.
That said, one thing I never saw was "gloating" or "I told you so". We all cheered for the Broncos because they were "our" team.

10 years later, instead of Brianna vs "Plan B", its Shanny/Cutler vs McD/Orton. The names have changed and my god, has the attitude changed. Am I the only one that feels people on this board are happy when the broncos struggle just so they can get on here and start stupid ass "I told you so" threads? If I am the only one that views it this way, I apologize for this thread. If I'm not the only one with this opinion, what the hell is wrong with these Broncos "fans"? I dont get it.

For the record, not everybody is like this. I was as down as anybody during the pre-season.

Even though the collapse is really disappointing, I thought we'd only win 3 games all year, and am happy to eat whatever crow that will be served.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
For the record, not everybody is like this. I was as down as anybody during the pre-season.

Even though the collapse is really disappointing, I thought we'd only win 3 games all year, and am happy to eat whatever crow that will be served.
Yeah I thought 5 or 6 wins, the offense played pretty much exactly as I thought it would, but the defense surprised me as I am pretty sure it surprised everyone else.

Better than expected, but with a spry defense playing it's heart out and an improved ST, the offense should and could have been better.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

If a guy sucks, you call it like it is. It doesn't mean you root for him to lose. Hell, I hope Orton wins three, or four super bowls in Denver. Odds that it happens? Not likely.

I liked Jake Plummer. He just had crappy QB skills throwing the ball in the big game. We couldn't beat the good teams in the playoffs because he couldn't go toe to toe with them. Sad but true.

Denver has many areas it needs to improve. QB is just one. No reason to call it anything other than it is.

BTW, I think this may be the worst offensive team i've seen in the last 20 years. They're horrible.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

People want the team to win, when players here can't get it done it's OK to call them out, this is the NFL afterall. I have faith the staff, scouts etc evaluate talent in the same way, it's not about blind faith it's about W's.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
People want the team to win, when players here can't get it done it's OK to call them out, this is the NFL afterall. I have faith the staff, scouts etc evaluate talent in the same way, it's not about blind faith it's about W's.

We've lost 7 of our last 9, and I'm taking more criticism than McDaniels is from some of these folks.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #16
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
I'm not talking threads of displeasure at certain positions... I'm talking about see mcD is a moron, come eat your crow...
Old 12-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
This happened during the Shanahan era, just not in the same volume that there is right now. Back then it was Wolf playing the part of Broncofan7.

How can we be in a collapse when we have already won more games that most everyone predicted.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
How can we be in a collapse when we have already won more games that most everyone predicted.

Maybe you missed the part where we lost 7 of our last 9 games. I don't care what anybody's predictions were. I, frankly, think that's a stupid way to judge anything. I think wins and losses are a better way to judge a team.

What are we the Detroit Lions now, that we're basing things on pre-season predictions?
Old 12-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

The "I told you so" thing is getting old real fast.

So of the posters are redundent and it's sickening to see.

They must be loving it right about now.

And Hillis is not the answer at RB.

So don't give us your **** about how he should starting, more passes to him blah blah blah.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Maybe you missed the part where we lost 7 of our last 9 games. I don't care what anybody's predictions were. I, frankly, think that's a stupid way to judge anything. I think wins and losses are a better way to judge a team.

What are we the Detroit Lions now, that we're basing things on pre-season predictions?
I tried to come up with a response but then I decided to mow the lawn in the dark.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post

And Hillis is not the answer at RB.

So don't give us your **** about how he should starting, more passes to him blah blah blah.

Not sure how Hillis's one solo carry did anything to help this point out. Or Moreno's 9 for 18 yards, for that matter. We didn't even break 100 as a team this week.

Or why that has anything to do with this thread.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I tried to come up with a response but then I decided to mow the lawn in the dark.

You're going to get sand in your lawn mower.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #23
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'm just sick of mediocrity, plain and simple. Don't care who the players and coaches are I"m just tired of thinking we finally turned the corner only to see the same old shiat! I didn't expect to see a super bowl team this year but I didn't expect to see the same late season collapse again. I think there is enough blame to to go around from the punter all the way to Bowlen.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
BTW, I think this may be the worst offensive team i've seen in the last 20 years. They're horrible.
They did just score 27 pts against Philly's defense that has averaged giving up only 20 pts per game.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

We lost in the last seconds to a very good Philly team in their house. Not bad for a team under a complete rebuild.
Toce John didn't you say you expected 4 to 6 wins

And no we are not the Lions, where did that come from.