The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Default We cannot resign Orton (can we?)

Great QB's win these types of games. McNabb had a mediocre 2nd half and still pulled it out. The 27 yard run and big pass was the difference. Orton ran for 5 yards (and failed to get the 1st down) and cannot throw with confidence more than 15-20 yards. We will never go to the next level with him so we may as well let him walk now. I just have a bad feeling that McD will resign just because he is hard headed.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver724 View Post
Great QB's win these types of games. McNabb had a mediocre 2nd half and still pulled it out. The 27 yard run and big pass was the difference. Orton ran for 5 yards (and failed to get the 1st down) and cannot throw with confidence more than 15-20 yards. We will never go to the next level with him so we may as well let him walk now. I just have a bad feeling that McD will resign just because he is hard headed.
I know it's his first year in McD's system but Orton has showed he's not going to be anything close to one of the better QB's in the league. I guess if you are fine with a middle of the road QB then you might sign. When I watch Big Ben moving around in that pocket today, with guys hanging on him and he completes a pass for a 1st down, I get jealous. Especially when I see Orton get slightly bumped and he curls up like a wuss and falls to the ground. I am really hoping Brandstater improves big time this offseason and comes back next year and takes the starting QB spot. We really need to use our high picks on both lines. The only way I spend a top pick on QB is if Bradford falls to us in the first.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

He'd make a good backup!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

We have to re-sign him, what the hell would the alternative be? But i wouldnt be upset if we drafted a QB high
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Too many fans making excuses for Orton.

Can't get it done. Limited ability.

Denver should have signed M Vick. Now we will have to use a high draft pick on a QB.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I know it's his first year in McD's system but Orton has showed he's not going to be anything close to one of the better QB's in the league. I guess if you are fine with a middle of the road QB then you might sign. When I watch Big Ben moving around in that pocket today, with guys hanging on him and he completes a pass for a 1st down, I get jealous. Especially when I see Orton get slightly bumped and he curls up like a wuss and falls to the ground.
Exacty! We need a QB who can make that critical 1st down or Touchdown. Orton can get you to the mountain, he just can't get you over the top!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Great observation. If we want to build a dynasty than we need a great signal caller who can make all the throws, move in the pocket and make big plays. Orton can do none of that. I just hope that we don't resign his sorry ass.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
How easy is to find a "great" QB? I agree we could have used one today, but there just aren't a whole lot of Mannings, Brees, Rivers, McNabbs out there. I'd be fine with drafting another QB in the draft, but lets not kid ourselves that a clearly better option than Orton will be sitting out there in free agency.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We have to re-sign him, what the hell would the alternative be? But i wouldnt be upset if we drafted a QB high
No way. Start over with a rookie or Brandstater. Keeping Orton one more year is one year longer before we can develop a real QB. It would be like spinning our wheels.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope we get a good rookie with our chicago pick...heres to two more losses and 10 ints for the bears and our boy cutler
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
How easy is to find a "great" QB? I agree we could have used one today, but there just aren't a whole lot of Mannings, Brees, Rivers, McNabbs out there. I'd be fine with drafting another QB in the draft, but lets not kid ourselves that a clearly better option than Orton will be sitting out there in free agency.
Time to find one a develop him. Starting Orton one more season would just delay their development (better veteran or rookie).
Old 12-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post

Denver should have signed M Vick. Now we will have to use a high draft pick on a QB.
LulZ SOLID POINT BRO

Vick...that is HI-larious.

The only way we don't consider bringing Orton back is if Brandstater is deemed ready. Highly, highly doubtful.

Continue being retarded.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
LulZ SOLID POINT BRO

Vick...that is HI-larious.

The only way we don't consider bringing Orton back is if Brandstater is deemed ready. Highly, highly doubtful.

Continue being retarded.
Supporting an Orton return is supporting another season of not making the post season. Do you really think we can win with Orton? Really?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Too much logic for me!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #15
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

There was never anything wrong with Vick (the QB) that a good coach couldn't fix.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #16
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:

That invalidates your opinion.

Vick? Really? The guy never proved anything (other than he's one of the most over rated QB's ever) and he's a piece of trash.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #17
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Supporting an Orton return is supporting another season of not making the post season. Do you really think we can win with Orton? Really?
Who you gonna put in for him genius?

If McDaniels thinks there's a rookie QB worth it we'll take him I'm sure.

I seriously doubt there is a QB like that in the draft. None of them are very exciting prospects.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #18
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I do. We need an offensive line. Orton is not the reason we will not make the post-season.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #19
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Have to draft a QB. No doubt about it.

Orton has to be signed though, there is nothing else on the roster that is ready to start next year, and with Orton the team will be at least competitive.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

god, sometimes it is better for you to stay in the War forum. People, it is re-sign not resign. Big difference.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

What we really need is a gunslinger. Maybe one from the sec. Maybe one who has been a perennial loser at each stage of his football career
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Why the **** is everybody going "anybody but Orton"?

Seriously. We could do a lot ****ing worse and if McDaniels doesn't think there's somebody better out there do you honestly want to say **** it and ditch Orton anyway?

If McDaniels pulls the trigger on a QB in the draft fine, so be it. But for Christ sake can we stop all this "we need a new QB" bull**** when nobody is offering up any possible alternatives? Last I checked Manning and Brady type QB's don't come along in FA.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #23
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
If McDaniels pulls the trigger on a QB in the draft fine, so be it. But for Christ sake can we stop all this "we need a new QB" bull**** when nobody is offering up any possible alternatives? Last I checked Manning and Brady type QB's don't come along in FA.
Could not agree more. If they like a guy in the draft, by all means pull the trigger (hell, maybe they think Brandstater is the real deal), but I'm not sure we'll find a better option for our week 1 starter right now than Orton.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

lol lets get Vick
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like Orton, but he really reminds me of Steve DeBerg. "Just good enough to get you beat" was Bill Walsh's line about DeBerg, and I think that applies to Orton, too. Orton, like DeBerg, is a serviceable nfl qb but not the long term answer.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote