The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default The official Indy hate thread

I hope you lose your first game in the playoffs.... again!

You play to win the game. Where's the integrity of your team?
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
briane
Seasoned Veteran

http://www.privatepostmark.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

who wouldnt want to be undefeated....bench manning when you are up by 5 and go with painter manning doesnt get hurt.
briane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by briane View Post
who wouldnt want to be undefeated....bench manning when you are up by 5 and go with painter manning doesnt get hurt.
Manning who has never been injured. I hope the Chargers RAPE them.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

You play to win the game!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

They have 3 weeks til they play a meaningful game again. Plenty of time to get healthy. More importantly, too long to shut it down.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

if I were a colts fan and went to the game I would of been pissed. What a waste of time and money for the fans that went to the game
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I hope this bites them.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I hope they get their asses kicked in their first playoff game. ****in penis heads.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
if I were a colts fan and went to the game I would of been pissed. What a waste of time and money for the fans that went to the game
Very true. It's bad enough they make you pay full price for preseason. Now you have two more preseason games.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
yavoon
Ring of Famer

the only time the colts ever won a superbowl was when they played the season out. everytime they've sat on their asses for the last month of the season they've been boned.
yavoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

we should have beat them and then the Raiders to not even worry about them sitting out their players. Our fault, not theirs.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Its a ****ing joke.

YOU OWE IT TO HISTORY TO GO FOR AN UNDEFEATED SEASON.

What jokes, **** them.

I hope they lose in their first game, spineless a-holes.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Loser move. Unacceptable move. Seriously, if I'm a Colts fan I never forgive Caldwell for this. Ever. There isn't even any logic behind it. Protect Manning...by having him sit one quarter? Inexplicable.

Disgusting, really.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
we should have beat them and then the Raiders to not even worry about them sitting out their players. Our fault, not theirs.
Look, they don't owe the Denver Broncos jack ****. But they owe it to the rest of the NFL, paying fans, and sportsmanship to try and win the game. Period.

What's worse, their record in this circumstance is AWFUL. They owe it to themselves and to their fans to try and give themselves the best chance to win a Super Bowl. And shutting it down is not their best chance.

So, I hope they get what they deserve.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I like Manning a lot. I've never gotten the crazy hate so many here have for him.

That said, you have a chance to go down in history by doing something almost impossible. Doing so gives you immortality in sports. You've got a QB that never gets hurt.

I went from feeling like I could really pull for them in the playoffs to hoping they lose. What a joke.

It probably screwed us, too.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

This thread is moronic, mainly because I guarantee you that if Manning were to blow out his knee or something, all you same people would be saying "the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, they should have pulled Manning to avoid this."

The ONLY good argument I've heard regarding the Colts is that the year they didn't rest their guys they won the Superbowl, and the years they did rest their guys they didn't. That is a legitimate argument.

The rest of this "they owe history and sportsmanship and blah blah blah" stuff is 100% irrelevant.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I like Manning a lot. I've never gotten the crazy hate so many here have for him.
Looking at Manning's body language, I think he completely disagreed with how they approached it. He's too classy to call out his coach, but his face said it all.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #18
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Not that we should be b****ing about Indy throwin in the towel (more like suiciding over the fact that we somehow allowed the Jets to control their destiny.>>THE ****ING JETS AND REX RYAN), but ya I was in disbelief on that one. I mean, are you trying to make a point......by losing the game?
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The Denver Broncos have nobody but themselves to blame for losing 7 out of the last 9 games they've played. That is pathetic. All they had to do was win four out of ten games and they could not even achieve that. Losing to the Redskins and Raiders was insulting.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #20
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
This thread is moronic, mainly because I guarantee you that if Manning were to blow out his knee or something, all you same people would be saying "the ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, they should have pulled Manning to avoid this."

The ONLY good argument I've heard regarding the Colts is that the year they didn't rest their guys they won the Superbowl, and the years they did rest their guys they didn't. That is a legitimate argument.

The rest of this "they owe history and sportsmanship and blah blah blah" stuff is 100% irrelevant.
Why the **** would anyone think he gets injured at that exact point in the game, or any point after? History would say he's got a better chance of being injured tripping over a gatorade cup on the sideline.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #21
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

Thats gutless football right there. You have a chance to be immortal in the football world and you fall on your sword.

People hate the pats but no one can accuse them of being a bunch of gutless pussies. IF Indy wins it now they will be just be another super bowl team
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

How about this angle ladies.....

Colts show they can beat the Jets easy with Manning in the game. Put in Painter and the rest of the scrubs and you know you lose and the Jets now control thier destiny meaning that either Baltimore or Pittsburgh do not make the playoffs.

Who would you rather face, The Jets of Balt/Pitts

The Colts tilted the balance of power in their favor by taking the loss, Pretty damn smart call if you axe me.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #23
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post

1) If they wanted to protect Manning (who has zero history of injury problems) don't start him to begin with.

2) Going 19-0>>>>Winning a Super Bowl. A team wins the Super Bowl every year and will continue to for the rest of NFL history. Only one team has ever gone undefeated, and no team has ever gone 19-0. Sports is about competition and proving you are the best. Winning the Super Bowl is special because it you go down in history as the best team that year. Going undefeated marks you in history as probably THE best team ever.

If the Colts win the SB, I'm sure everyone in Indy will be plenty happy. But knowing they passed up a very, very realistic shot at immortality would haunt me as a Colts fan.

I mean, really what are the reasons the team and players want to win any game? It brings them joy, pride, and a sense of accomplishment. Getting a shot at 19-0 would be the pinnacle of that. Throwing that away (and in doing so pissing off lots of your players and fans) makes zero sense in any way.

Loser, gutless move in many ways, but also very little logic involved given Indy's history when the sit players and the fact that they waited until the 4th to "protect" their players.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There are 42 teams that have won Lombardi Trophies. There is one 1972 Dolphins team. Winning a Lombardi Trophy makes you the best team in the NFL for that season - an incredible accomplishment. Winning it while going undefeated makes you one of the best teams in any sport in any season.

So yeah - why would anyone aspire to be historically great at something?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #25
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
How about this angle ladies.....

Colts show they can beat the Jets easy with Manning in the game. Put in Painter and the rest of the scrubs and you know you lose and the Jets now control thier destiny meaning that either Baltimore or Pittsburgh do not make the playoffs.

Who would you rather face, The Jets of Balt/Pitts

The Colts tilted the balance of power in their favor by taking the loss, Pretty damn smart call if you axe me.
Solid point.

But I'm not sure if tryin to go all strategery on the seeding against playing to WIN, when you're going to face a garbage team regardless in the 2nd round.....idk.