The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default Watching Chris Johnson Makes me Jealous

The Guy can fly no doubt. But every time he got the ball the LOS was clean and he could hit a hole before a hand got laid on him. I think we forget what that looks like. Not even TD could be TD when the LOS Goes back a step at the snap and you are dodging people in the Backfield. We need some Beef.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I noticed that too. Johnson never goes backwards, and when he does get tackled, he's always beyond the LOS and falling forward. Just like TD.

Kudos to the Titans oline for providing Johnson the space to make a play. The Titans and Johnson reveal the symbiotic relationship between a successful running back and an offensive line that knows how to run block.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
The Guy can fly no doubt. But every time he got the ball the LOS was clean and he could hit a hole before a hand got laid on him. I think we forget what that looks like. Not even TD could be TD when the LOS Goes back a step at the snap and you are dodging people in the Backfield. We need some Beef.
The years of cheap & late round under weight linemen are over. Shanny even saw it coming when he drafted Bigger tackles like foster and then a talent like Clady falls to him in the draft.

But the Guard/Center combo on the left side needs a HUGE upgrade. Denver still have one of the smallest O-Lines in the NFL. McDaniels wants a power running game and that will require power blockers.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote