The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Default Buckhalter ready for return to Philly

Buckhalter ready for return to Philly
Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Posted: 12/23/2009 04:21:17 PM MST
Updated: 12/23/2009 04:31:42 PM MST

Correll Buckhalter (Denver Post file photo)He is returning to Philadelphia this weekend to face the only team he had ever known as a pro before signing in Denver during free agency last March.

He thought he had more to give, but the Eagles chose to move on, he feels the Eagles loss was the Broncos' gain. And he's not Brian Dawkins.

"It's the business of the game," Broncos running back Correll Buckhalter said, "and that's the way I took it."

Buckhalter, who missed Sunday's loss to the Raiders, returned to practice today and says he's on track to play Sunday in Philadelphia, where he spent the first eight seasons of his career.

With 582 yards on 109 carries this season Buckhalter needs 20 carries and just five yards rushing over the Broncos final two games this season to set new single-season career highs in each category.

His 5.3 yards per carry this season is his single-season best.

"He was another guy I hated to see go," said Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb. "The total package I'm sure those guys are excited to have him."

Asked how long he has been looking forward to Sunday's game and if he was nervous his ankle injury would keep him out, Buckhalter said: "Looking forward to it since the offseason When I first did it, kind of, but I told myself I'm going to get back for this game no matter what."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz0aYsatd4e

Good news I think Buck and Dawkins are going to be really fired up this weekend
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Sure
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Give Buckhalter the ball more then Moreno, that's all I'm going to say.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I really don't care that we (wasted) picked Moreno, as long as BUCK can make it through a full season(s) in the upcoming years. He's the real deal. One can always hope.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
I really don't care that we (wasted) picked Moreno, as long as BUCK can make it through a full season(s) in the upcoming years. He's the real deal. One can always hope.
Moreno wasn't remotely a wasted pick. He may not be Adrian Peterson, but he's been instrumental in all of our wins. You need to go back and re-watch those games.

I'd agree that he's had his problems, but I'm not sure how much is him and how much is just horrible blocking. He's not a darter. He needs a lane to work through. But, if you give him one... he can make people miss and run through people.

I do think he's destined to be a splitter, taking 20 carries a game or so. But, he's very effective. People are going to regret giving up on this kid. Just stay tuned.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

What about Hillis
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #7
Popps
It's so easy

Oh, and I'm stoked about Buck being back on the field. He's a huge part of our offense. That's excellent news.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Moreno wasn't remotely a wasted pick. He may not be Adrian Peterson, but he's been instrumental in all of our wins. You need to go back and re-watch those games.

I'd agree that he's had his problems, but I'm not sure how much is him and how much is just horrible blocking. He's not a darter. He needs a lane to work through. But, if you give him one... he can make people miss and run through people.

I do think he's destined to be a splitter, taking 20 carries a game or so. But, he's very effective. People are going to regret giving up on this kid. Just stay tuned.
Yes, I understand the argument. It is debatable on many fronts (position, talent, new system, #12 pick...), but my argument is, as long as BUCK can stay healthy for a whole season, we got our complete back.

It would be completely different if we had a pick somewhere in the middle 20's and picked him there, then... oh, well, its history, if we can get it to work between him and BUCK, as long as BUCK stays (mostly) healthy, it will probably all come clean in the wash.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Oh, and I'm stoked about Buck being back on the field. He's a huge part of our offense. That's excellent news.
Absolutely.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #10
Popps
It's so easy

I hear you about the #12 issue. I guess I just don't get overly worked up about draft slots, unless we're talking about a few rounds later. If he was picked in the lower part of the first, you're right... people probably wouldn't be saying much. The argument is, well... we could have had Orakpo. (Etc.) But, every year... you've got half of the guys in the top 15 busting or underperforming. So, to me... if Moreno provides a valuable service to the team and helps us win, I'm happy. I don't mean a back-up, but a productive starter... which I believe he has been, and will be more so in the future.

I posted some stats on his 3rd and short carries in another thread. Check them out. That's supposedly his "weak spot" and he's better than Hillis was last year, and better than Adrian Peterson or Steven Jackson this year.

People are jumping up this guy's ass too quickly. He may not be Terrell Davis, but he's got potential to be a very productive back for us.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #11
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Oh, I know. I really like the team atmosphere and change of culture McD has brought. It is amazing, not only the change this team has gone through in just one season, but also its success.

#12 was just not a great place to draft last year, and there was no clear-cut winner. I still would have liked to see someone else, because, frankly, I don't really see a difference with this ballclub when Moreno is active or not, as long as BUCK is healthy.

But, I have high hopes for #56 from Tennessee
Old 12-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #12
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Is it just me....

BUT

When Buck is out of the line up our offense is horrid?
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #13
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

It's not you "Rob"...he (Buck) makes us a little more dangerous, and opens up the lanes more..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #14
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

With the way Philly likes to blitz, Buck could pop off a few really long runs.

I would also like to see them just pass it to Moreno until they shut him down. The dude is a great receiver and seemed to be on a roll - then we stopped passing it to him.

Just put the hurt on Donovan early and we could get a few INT's. I'm rambling. I'll shut up now.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #15
Bronco Yoda

With Buck & Hillis out we have no running game. Good to hear Buck will play. Hopefully he can go all day. We'll need him to have a chance.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

I would also like to see them just pass it to Moreno until they shut him down. The dude is a great receiver and seemed to be on a roll - then we stopped passing it to him.

Just put the hurt on Donovan early and we could get a few INT's. I'm rambling. I'll shut up now.
great post actually
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
With Buck & Hillis out we have no running game. Good to hear Buck will play. Hopefully he can go all day. We'll need him to have a chance.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Give Buckhalter the ball more then Moreno, that's all I'm going to say.
Why? Do you want C-Buck to get injured and miss games 15 & 16 and the playoffs!

I hope we can use C-Buck as a decoy in any non-contact situation, at least he may not injure himself.

Then by the time we make it to the AFC Title game and possible SB.....C-Buck will have the freshest legs and be ready to break TD's SB records.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #19
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I'd like to see McD take some hand offs at RB to help jump start the offense!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #20
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

And injure an ankle, knees, his baby toe, or any part of his body that has ligaments, cartilage, bone or muscle etc.

Hillis is a much better receiver than Moreno is.

Please do.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #21
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
What about Hillis
What about Moreno