The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Las Vegas Bowl Tonight: Beavs vs. Cougs

Really looking forward to this matchup. Two very well-coached teams.

Plus, as an added bonus, I really like the OSU QB Canfield. I'd really like the Broncos to spend a 4th round pick on him next year. A very savvy passer. (Plus, I'm not as high on some of the so-called "can't miss" QB prospects next year.)
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

What's crazy is that Canfield wasn't even the starting QB in the preseason. Lyle Moevao was.

LAS VEGAS BOWL PLAYERS TO WATCH

Oregon State
QB: 5 Sean Canfield (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
RB: 1 Jacquizz Rodgers (So.) - Third team All-American, First team All-Pac Ten
WR: 8 James Rodgers (Jr.) - Second team All-American, First team All-Pac Ten
WR: 80 Damola Adeniji (Sr.)
C: 60 Alex Linnekohl (Jr.)
RG: 73 Gregg Peat (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
DT: 54 Stephen Paea (Jr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
WLB: 35 Keith Pankey (Jr.)
MLB: 59 Dwight Roberson (Jr.)
SLB: 32 Keaton Kristick (Sr.) - First team All-Pac Ten
SLB: 45 David Pa'aluhi (So.)

BYU
QB: 15 Max Hall (Sr.) - Second team All-MWC
RB: 45 Harvey Unga (Jr.) - First team All-MWC
WR/KR: 11 O'Neill Chambers (So.)
TE: 32 Dennis Pitta (Sr.) - First team All-MWC
TE: 88 Andrew George (Sr.) - Second team All-MWC
LT: 70 Matt Reynolds (So.) - First team All-MWC
C: 64 R.J. Willing (Sr.)
DE: 84 Jan Jorgensen (Sr.) - First team All-MWC
DE: 92 Brett Denney (Sr.)
WLB: 41 Coleby Clawson (Sr.)
CB: 4 Brian Logan (Jr.)
SS: 22 Andrew Rich (Jr.) - Second team All-MWC
FS: 21 Scott Johnson (Sr.)
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,046
Default

Oregon State 34

BYU 24
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Oregon State 34

BYU 24

Sounds about right to me. Should be fun to watch.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Oregon State 34

BYU 24
Mike Riley is trying to lead the Beavers to their fourth straight postseason top-25 ranking after being unranked during the preseason.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Um. Yeah, nevermind.

That turned into a blowout quickly. Sheesh.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,046
Default

BYU is pounding lots of Beaver tonight.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SkiUtah
Posts: 2,236
Default

This is the best BYU's secondary has played all year. The wind probably helps but BYU's receivers are still getting open.
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title
 
Ambiguous's Avatar
 
Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I'm still watching this, I have no idea why.

I have such a love hate relationship with college football. It really has the potential to be hands down the best sport out there, dare I say even better than the NFL. For the love of god, why can't we get a playoff system?
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
BYU is pounding lots of Beaver tonight.
Don't Drink, Don't Smoke... What do you DO?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,419

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

"The wheels are off the Beaver bus!"
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #12
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

It's disgusting watching BYU play in this bowl game for the fifth straight year, while unranked BCS teams are playing in New Years Day games.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

The Mtn West is now 2 and 0 in bowl games this year, with Wyo winning as 2 TD underdogs and BYU dominating Ore State.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
It's disgusting watching BYU play in this bowl game for the fifth straight year, while unranked BCS teams are playing in New Years Day games.
What are you going to do? They screwed TCU and Boise. The Las Vegas Bowl sucks. Everything about it screams second tier.

As for this game, the poor wind conditions really killed the Beaver offense. I also think the penalty on the punt, would-be fumble really took the wind out of the Beavers' sails. To that point it looked like an even match. I'm grateful my Cougs go out beating Utah and winning their crappy bowl game. I am also happy Max Hall will move on. I was never a big Max Hall fan.

I hope Pitta gets drafted somewhere cool. And hopefully not Oakland.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #15
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What are you going to do? They screwed TCU and Boise. The Las Vegas Bowl sucks. Everything about it screams second tier.

As for this game, the poor wind conditions really killed the Beaver offense. I also think the penalty on the punt, would-be fumble really took the wind out of the Beavers' sails. To that point it looked like an even match. I'm grateful my Cougs go out beating Utah and winning their crappy bowl game. I am also happy Max Hall will move on. I was never a big Max Hall fan.

I hope Pitta gets drafted somewhere cool. And hopefully not Oakland.
Agreed, beavs need to be able to throw the ball and that wind really messed em up. Not to mention the refs did them no favors for about 3. Quarters
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
orange 4 life
Old School Orange
 
Home team qb homer

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anywhere, CO.
Posts: 8,576
Default

Way to go Cougs!!!!!!!!!

Fun game to watch. Just more ammo in the gun pointed at the BcS.

Mtn. West should be included.

....and was I the only one watching BYU score at will in the red zone and wishing the Broncos could even OCCASIONALLY make it look that easy?

P.S.- I'm MORE than happy with Orton and hope we don't waste ANY pick on a qb (let alone that one), but I WOULD love to see us go after Harvey Unga. He's not the quickest guy out there, but he's big, strong, hits the hole quickly, and is MONEY in short yardage. Shanahan NEVER drafted BYU players (unfortunately), but here's to hoping McD doesn't have the same bias. Ask the colts how they feel about their recent STEAL pick at WR.
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange 4 life View Post
Way to go Cougs!!!!!!!!!

Fun game to watch. Just more ammo in the gun pointed at the BcS.

Mtn. West should be included.

....and was I the only one watching BYU score at will in the red zone and wishing the Broncos could even OCCASIONALLY make it look that easy?

P.S.- I'm MORE than happy with Orton and hope we don't waste ANY pick on a qb (let alone that one), but I WOULD love to see us go after Harvey Unga. He's not the quickest guy out there, but he's big, strong, hits the hole quickly, and is MONEY in short yardage. Shanahan NEVER drafted BYU players (unfortunately), but here's to hoping McD doesn't have the same bias. Ask the colts how they feel about their recent STEAL pick at WR.
pass on Unga. Don't know his age, my guess is about 24 or 25. We already have one of him and he can't seem to get on the field.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Denver Broncos