The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Revisiting the Experts

Poke around the draft sites and you find some interesting prognostications from last season that they haven't had time to take down. This one is from Walter Football.

2009 Denver Broncos Offense:
You know the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Well, Josh McDaniels apparently lives by a different mantra: "If it ain't broke, make it worse. And if it is broke, don't fix it. Oh, and make sure you surrender future first-round picks so you can draft crappy players who don't fit your system."

I've been covering the NFL for nearly 10 years on this Web site, and I've seen coaches, GMs and owners do really stupid things - but not nearly as dumb as the stuff McDaniels pulled this offseason. From attempting to downgrade the quarterback position with a system player, to pissing off the franchise player, to alienating the fan base, to pissing off the franchise player even more, to actually downgrading the quarterback position by trading a top-notch signal caller for peanuts, to giving away a possible top-five pick for a nickel corner, to neglecting to fix one of the worst defenses in the NFL, McDaniels must have set a record for ineptitude.

Jay Cutler is gone and Kyle Orton is here. The few Denver fans who backed this silly Cutler-Orton deal are just about to see the difference between an elite talent and a system guy with no arm. Sure, Cutler threw a lot of interceptions last year (18) - way mo than Orton's 12 - but Cutler's interception percentage (2.9%) was pretty identical to Orton's (2.6%) because Cutler was forced to throw a ton, thanks to his horrifically inept defense. Orton has never been asked to play in shootouts or come from behind. Orton has always had a very capable defense at the very least in Chicago, so I'll be shocked if we don't see his pick total soar to about 20.

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Poke around the draft sites and you find some interesting prognostications from last season that they haven't had time to take down. This one is from Walter Football.

2009 Denver Broncos Offense:
You know the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Well, Josh McDaniels apparently lives by a different mantra: "If it ain't broke, make it worse. And if it is broke, don't fix it. Oh, and make sure you surrender future first-round picks so you can draft crappy players who don't fit your system."

I've been covering the NFL for nearly 10 years on this Web site, and I've seen coaches, GMs and owners do really stupid things - but not nearly as dumb as the stuff McDaniels pulled this offseason. From attempting to downgrade the quarterback position with a system player, to pissing off the franchise player, to alienating the fan base, to pissing off the franchise player even more, to actually downgrading the quarterback position by trading a top-notch signal caller for peanuts, to giving away a possible top-five pick for a nickel corner, to neglecting to fix one of the worst defenses in the NFL, McDaniels must have set a record for ineptitude.

Jay Cutler is gone and Kyle Orton is here. The few Denver fans who backed this silly Cutler-Orton deal are just about to see the difference between an elite talent and a system guy with no arm. Sure, Cutler threw a lot of interceptions last year (18) - way mo than Orton's 12 - but Cutler's interception percentage (2.9%) was pretty identical to Orton's (2.6%) because Cutler was forced to throw a ton, thanks to his horrifically inept defense. Orton has never been asked to play in shootouts or come from behind. Orton has always had a very capable defense at the very least in Chicago, so I'll be shocked if we don't see his pick total soar to about 20.

Orton "soared" in the right direction (12-8) and ****ler "soared" in the wrong direction (18-25) ...and ain't done yet.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Can we revisit the Omane "experts"?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Can we revisit the Omane "experts"?
I thought we were. Thread bumping has become the favorite Omane past-time.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote