The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default Why all the sadness

I have been reading all day that it is a must we win out to make the playoffs. Now, I understand that the ideal situation, for we do secure a playoff spot with 10 wins, however has anyone looked at the schedule?

If you take all the teams in the hunt and look attheir final 2 weeks you will see half of them play each other either this week or next, or they are playing really difficult opponents.

TEAM
JACKSONVILLE (7-7)-------- @NEW ENGLAND then CLEVELAND

MIAMI (7-7)---------------- HOUSTON then PITTSBURGH

NEW YORK JETS (7-7)------ @ INDIANAPOLISthen CINCY

PITTSBURGH (7-7)----------BALTIMORE then@ MIAMI

TENNESEE (7-7)------------SAN DIEGOthen@ SEATTLE

HOUSTON (7-7)------------ @MIAMIthenNEW ENGLAND

BALTIMORE (8-6)---------- @ PITTSBURGH then @ OAKLAND

DENVER (8-6)--------------@ PHILLYthen KANSAS CITY
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

And I forgot to mention, out of all those teams, the onyl ones with head to head's ove rus it Pitt and Baltimore. The other ones have to go to conference record against us, now I have no idea where our record there stands.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I think the sadness is more about A) losing to the Raiders and home and B) even if we make the playoffs does this team really belong there?

This team started out too strongly and got expectations set way too high. If we'd have started 5-3 and finished 4-4 nobody would be nearly as upset right now.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

sadness?

what about ****ing anger!?!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Yeah, I was trying to just have a catchy title. I am very pissed off abotu the whole thing, and no our teams doesn't deserve to be there, but hell, I want to watch out team past week 17 for once! So I am gathering every bit of optimism I have left.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I like the way you're thinking.

Still, the bad news is that if we take care of business and get in, we're looking at an opening round rematch against either the Patriots or the Bengals. At this point, though, I like the matchup against the Patriots much better than the Bengals.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I think both us and Baltimore have the easiest remaining games.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I would love to see us go into foxborough, it would be fun regardless. I mean I have no expectations once we get intot he playoffs, but I just want them to get there. I know that sounds lame, but you don't have any shot unless your in the playoffs. As long as we don't have to play Indy first round I'm happy.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am pissed off and not sad

we lost to the ****ing RAIDERS at home, I don't care what kind of a season either team is having or the implications that will always piss me off
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanhr9 View Post
And I forgot to mention, out of all those teams, the onyl ones with head to head's ove rus it Pitt and Baltimore. The other ones have to go to conference record against us, now I have no idea where our record there stands.
Of the teams in the hunt, the Jets are the only team with a better conference than us.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

There will be plenty of time for sadness in the off season. I'm enjoying the Broncos unexpected success after a long and agonizing post Shanahan event filled off season of nearly a year ago.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

I am just tired of the same old thing. I thought this year would be different. I thought that the team was getting too comfy under Shanahan and would overlook opponents and have losses like the one we just had. I thought McDaniels and Nolan would give the team a different mindset, but it is the same crap we experienced in 06, 08... These type of losses to inferior teams are maddening. But I am use to this process and come Sunday I will be back behind the team and believing (maybe blindly) that we can beat Philly.

I look for progress year to year. There has certainly been some progress, and I guess if we get to 9-7 that would be a step up from the last couple years even if we miss the playoffs. I just hate being teased by a team that looks good one week and dreaful the next...
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Amen to that. Progress is Progress. However I believe still, even though I almost denounced football this morning.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #14
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
I am just tired of the same old thing. I thought this year would be different. I thought that the team was getting too comfy under Shanahan and would overlook opponents and have losses like the one we just had. I thought McDaniels and Nolan would give the team a different mindset, but it is the same crap we experienced in 06, 08... These type of losses to inferior teams are maddening. But I am use to this process and come Sunday I will be back behind the team and believing (maybe blindly) that we can beat Philly.

I look for progress year to year. There has certainly been some progress, and I guess if we get to 9-7 that would be a step up from the last couple years even if we miss the playoffs. I just hate being teased by a team that looks good one week and dreaful the next...
Great post! My thoughts exactly.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:

I guess I just feel like that is what you get with a regime change. Inconsistency. /shrug

Is it great? Of course not. But we've still got a shot at the playoffs, and I'll take that, frankly. I will take that.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Hey, I was a little pissed yesterday, no doubt.

At this point just win a game and hope for the best.

Doesn't matter how we get in, just win and get in so we can end this madness.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

One of the regulars at my "stomping ground" sports bar is a Raiders fan. Yesterday, he was grinning from ear to ear. I so wanted to wipe that f'n smile off his face. He's actually a pretty nice guy, but it was still irritating to see that HE was the one smiling, after the game...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

REP, What you said and the fact that our Offense has struggled in the redzone and in short yardage.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #19
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
There will be plenty of time for sadness in the off season. I'm enjoying the Broncos unexpected success after a long and agonizing post Shanahan event filled off season of nearly a year ago.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

If our team goes to the playoffs our team deserves to go the playoffs.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
If our team goes to the playoffs our team deserves to go the playoffs.
Agreed. I mean if we get in, it's a wild card on a hard schedule so it's not like some other team gifted us a playoff birth. (I'm looking at you, 2008 san Diego chargers.)

I'm still pissed about yesterday, but coming around. If we can beat Philly I will be absolutely ecstatic. But like everyone here, I'm really disappointed this late season swoon seems to be embedded into the culture in Denver lately.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #22
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I am pissed because we choked again...It's becoming like a tradition..
when we started 4-0,5-0 and 6-0, experts were saying "Wait and see..they will fold in the end"..that's the identity of denver broncos.
It's frustrating as i thought that our team is different this year.

Next year, even if we start 9-0..it will be there in my mind if we can win one more game.

I don't know how you guys are happy..no team has missed playoffs after going 6-0.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #23
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Whatever else happens in all these possibilities, I am just astonished how Tennessee would possibly be in the play-off race after that nightmare start. Equally jaw dropping is how a 6-0 Denver could be fighting for their play-off lives in week 16. This isn't a roller coaster ride, it's more like the ride home with your drunk brother.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #24
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think the sadness is more about A) losing to the Raiders and home and B) even if we make the playoffs does this team really belong there?

This team started out too strongly and got expectations set way too high. If we'd have started 5-3 and finished 4-4 nobody would be nearly as upset right now.
Yup.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #25
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am pissed because we choked again...It's becoming like a tradition..
when we started 4-0,5-0 and 6-0, experts were saying "Wait and see..they will fold in the end"..that's the identity of denver broncos.
It's frustrating as i thought that our team is different this year.

Next year, even if we start 9-0..it will be there in my mind if we can win one more game.

I don't know how you guys are happy..no team has missed playoffs after going 6-0.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/min/2003.htm

My god, their season looks eerily like ours.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote