The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #101
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

great post gyldenlove
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #102
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
It is funny how some people have become pseunonymous with the pro-Mcdaniels anti-Cutler side and vice versa, but it is beginning to wear thin.

Frankly I think we can all agree that Mcdaniels has done some good things and some less good things and that the Cutler trade in hindsight looks pretty good.

That doesn't absolve people from being wrong and it doesn't make anyones oppinion better than others, unfortunately oppinions are like right thumbs, almost every has got one, but unfortunately some people tend to jam theirs up the ass.

Mcdaniels hasn't been outcoached often this year, to my mind only really twice, the Baltimore game and the Raiders game. In both games we came off looking like one trick ponies with no backup plan and not enough talent to compensate for the lack of a good gameplan.

I guess there is some symmetry here, last time we lost at home to an AFC West opponent we played a team from the NFC East and thouroughly kicked some ass, lets hope history repeats itself in that respect. We are not out, even though the effort yesterday was circling the drain.
Thing is, it's tough to agree with you because of your stance in the offseason. You were totally negative. Totally down on anything Bronco. Repping people that were insulting anything Bronco. There will be repurcussions for that.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #103
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
great post gyldenlove
Agree, that was a solid post.

McD has two weeks to shut up the haters or we're going to have to listen to them squawk for months. Of course this season is going to end in a loss one way or another anyway so probably no avoiding it.

One piece of "good news": we lost at home to the Raiders less decisively this year than last, right? 31-10 last year, 20-19 this year? Come on, you either find a way to laugh about it or you cry about it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #104
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Thing is, it's tough to agree with you because of your stance in the offseason. You were totally negative. Totally down on anything Bronco. Repping people that were insulting anything Bronco. There will be repurcussions for that.
Things I liked in the offseason:

Mcdaniels hiring
Signing Dawkins
Firing Shanahan
Signing Ron Fields
Adding Mike Nolan
Signing Jabar Gaffney
Drafting Moreno, Ayers, Mcbath and Olsen

Things I didn't like, that I was wrong about:

Trading Cutler
Signing Buckhalter
Signing Goodman
Drafting Bruton

Things I didn't like:

Trading for Al Smith
Trading for Quinn
The Goodman/Xanders situation
Promoting Xanders

I didn't like the fervent Mcdanielsism, it was frankly nausiating to hear people ready to accept anything without thought, without criticism and without wanting results.
Frankly this board was rife with double standards, people were willing to crown their asses without any results, the same people who would say we shouldn't criticize Mcdaniels or anything he did because we should wait and see results were the same people who wouldn't wait for Mcdaniels to produce results before coronating him, the people who were celebrating the trade for Al Smith as a stroke of genious before Al Smith ever had an opportunity to miss a tackle.

I will freely admit I was wrong about some of the things I was unhappy about, but my 9-7 season prediction is starting to look pretty good.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #105
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Things I liked in the offseason:

Mcdaniels hiring
Signing Dawkins
Firing Shanahan
Signing Ron Fields
Adding Mike Nolan
Signing Jabar Gaffney
Drafting Moreno, Ayers, Mcbath and Olsen

Things I didn't like, that I was wrong about:

Trading Cutler
Signing Buckhalter
Signing Goodman
Drafting Bruton

Things I didn't like:

Trading for Al Smith
Trading for Quinn
The Goodman/Xanders situation
Promoting Xanders

I didn't like the fervent Mcdanielsism, it was frankly nausiating to hear people ready to accept anything without thought, without criticism and without wanting results.
Frankly this board was rife with double standards, people were willing to crown their asses without any results, the same people who would say we shouldn't criticize Mcdaniels or anything he did because we should wait and see results were the same people who wouldn't wait for Mcdaniels to produce results before coronating him, the people who were celebrating the trade for Al Smith as a stroke of genious before Al Smith ever had an opportunity to miss a tackle.

I will freely admit I was wrong about some of the things I was unhappy about, but my 9-7 season prediction is starting to look pretty good.
You were real negative, gylden, you know it and I know it, you were negative galore, every opportunity you had you jumped on the Bronco-bashing bandwagon.

Your 9-7 prediction was great, but it didn't jive with your gleeful harmonizing with the super-downers. That's what irritates a lot of us - the gleeful bagging on the Broncs during the offseason like we might be the Chiefs.

Your gonna carry that baggage for a long time. Some of us have loooooong memories.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #106
wandlc
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
You forgot to factor in taking care of the ball to your fantasy football equation.

Look, you panic-stricken folks need to understand something... I get it. The offense is struggling. Just don't mistake that for "regressing" from the disaster we've seen the past three seasons.

I'll give you the 100 yards a game we're losing through the air if you'll also take those 4 turnovers a game we were handing out.

We're a different football team. We're rebuilding. It's a process. We're 8-6 and in a position to make the playoffs in year 1 of a rebuild with two new systems.

Maybe you folks can step back and just let a tiny bit of perspective eek in.

After all, we've come off of three years of abject failure and disappointment. So, let's not play make-believe as if in we were on the doorstep of anything.

This team made large-scale changes for a reason, and thus far... progress has been good.
More revisionist history from Popps
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #107
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandlc View Post
More revisionist history from Popps
It obviously wasn't literal. We were sloppy with the ball last season. That's a fact.

Nothing to "revise."
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #108
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Look, you panic-stricken folks need to understand something... I get it. The offense is struggling. Just don't mistake that for "regressing" from the disaster we've seen the past three seasons.

How could it be anything but a regression. Last offseason, it was universally said around here - including by you - that we needed to keep our offense where it is, and focus on defense and we'd have a Superbowl calibre team. What is it now? Now we need an offensive line - something that has rarely been a problem in Denver, especially where the running game was concerned. Cutler was one of the least sacked quarterbacks last year. McDaniels arrives, and our offensive line can't open a hole or provide a block to save a game from Oakland at home.

And Popps line: "just don't mistake that for regressing."

In the fun house mirror view of things, the offense that we just needed to plug a defense onto is now called "a disaster from the past three seasons."
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #109
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't think we were far from a gem at all. Neither did the rest of the NFL world. We had a damn fine young offensive team put together that looked like they were going places. You're right that they were young, immature, and still needed to work through some kinks, but you're wrong to downplay the chemistry that they showed.

We're nowhere close to what we had last offseason, despite having most all of the same players on offense outside of Cutler and the new runningbacks.

Any way you want to look at it, we've regressed on offense - whether you want to agree with the consensus that we had a young and rising offense last year or not.
watch out taco meck77 will call you an idiot...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #110
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
watch out taco meck77 will call you an idiot...
He calls me much worse than that.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #111
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
And Popps line: "just don't mistake that for regressing."
"
Our offense didn't win us **** last year. We gave the ball away on a regular basis, were mediocre at scoring and couldn't run the ball when we needed to.

We played from behind on a regular basis. So, we put up yardage stats. Great!

"Regression" isn't the term I'd use. You're free to use it, and I understand why you do. You were so woefully off-base with everything you said for the last year, you're just scratching and clawing for something to be "right" about.

As people have pointed out, it's odd that you're so obsessed with being right, when you're just so regularly wrong.

Our offense is rebuilding. We're struggling in that process. Call it regression if it helps your self-esteem.

To me, regression implies success turned to failure, and this doesn't fit that bill at all. At least not yet.

It's like walking into a dilapidated house you're revamping half way through the job and calling it "regression." It's just not accurate terminology, to me.

Call it what you want, though. Make yourself feel better, bro.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #112
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Oh, and Taco.. if we were starting the 2008 (last year) season over again... right now... I'd absolutely start with the defense. No question. That hasn't changed. Not sure why that would be confusing.

No matter what our offense was last season, it was clearly better than the **** defense.

Only thing is, I wouldn't sign Boss Bailey and Marlon McCree as the "solution" to the worst defense in the league.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #113
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
As people have pointed out, it's odd that you're so obsessed with being right, when you're just so regularly wrong.

Haha! You say very wierd things.

Er, or should I say "as people have pointed out," you say very wierd things.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #114
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It's funny that you think we have to tip toe around your fun house definition of the word "regression."
Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #115
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Haha! You say very wierd things.

Er, or should I say "as people have pointed out," you say very wierd things.

Just didn't want to take credit for someone else's line.

(Odd that Taco is so obsessed with being right, when he's consistently so wrong.)

Funny line, but I can't take credit.

Anyway, resume bashing...
Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #116
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Just didn't want to take credit for someone else's line.

(Odd that Taco is so obsessed with being right, when he's consistently so wrong.)

Funny line, but I can't take credit.

Anyway, resume bashing...

Let me guess... Meck77 right? Big suprise there.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #117
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
It's funny that you think we have to tip toe around your fun house definition of the word "regression."
Quite the contrary. If you want to call it something it's not so you feel better about your history of failed predictions and analysis, feel free. I'm not stopping you.

But, it won't bring Griese, Shanahan or Cutler back, brother.

Sorry.

Feel free to stay miserably mired in the past, though. Good attitude for a Broncos board owner to have.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #118
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I don't have a need to feel better about my history of predictions and analysis. I'm ok with what I've got.

I'm not mired in the past. I'm currently mired in the present Oakland Raiders loss at home, and the fact that we're losing these kinds of games with our starters, and not on our 15th runningback and whoever we could find at the Sprint store.