The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #76
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
haha. Poops has one objective and one objective only- to deflect blame away from Orton and McDaniels.
Dude, I don't care about Orton. He's not a point of contention for me. You're the one jerking off to him 24/7. I don't think he's the prime issue.

As for McDaniels, he deserves some criticism and some credit... just like any coach during a season.

I'm simply willing to allow his staff time to build the team properly before jumping off a bridge like all of you losers did during the offseason.

Again, why do you need my permission to be a fair-weather fan? Quit the team. Troll the board. Do what you need to do. Why do you need my validation so badly?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #77
Broncomutt
Looking for
 
Broncomutt's Avatar
 
the Sunflower Samurai

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Waxhaw, NC
Posts: 1,256
Default

It's not like last years offense was some juggernaut. Last years offense shot itself in the foot plenty, and settled for alot of FGs also.

However, McDaniels is on the cusp of being the one and only coach in NFL history to start 6-0 and still not make the playoffs. A towering achievment of failure.



You thought people hated you for letting Cutler go? Just wait until you humiliate the team, the city and the fanbase for the second time in as many years.
Attached Images
 
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #78
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Ugh
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #79
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
the mcd haters are back and in full force

and they have extended their hate 10x to everyone who has ever supported mcd. i guess you guys just KNEW he was going to lose games...eventually..
I don't think I qualify as a McD hater. But I do hate losing to the Raiders at home. And McD just did that. And it was actually pretty embarassing the way we lost. They just yelled on the sidelines "HEY, ANYBODY WANT TO GO IN AT QB?" Jamarcus was just lucky that he beat the media relations guy to the huddle.

Wow. 13 shotgun passes in a row from Jamarcus Russell. That just isn't right. That one is going to stick in my craw for a long time.

It doesn't mean that Josh cant win a Superbowl. My faith in that idea is shaken, but not destroyed. The reason why, is because I believe that next week, the team will come out to play strong against the Eagles. And that's something.

Last edited by Taco John; 12-21-2009 at 08:49 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #80
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
First, no I didn't. I was here in full swing up until I moved Nov 3rd. Then I missed a few weeks. That was also our losing streak and posting felt dirty.

Second, Dawkins, Vonnie, Goodman, Hill are all over 30, and are the main FA defensive contributors. And the only secondary player that we drafted that has shown a goddamn thing is McBath.

No, I don't disagree with your final statement... you didn't actually say anything TO disagree with. And you ignored my post on TOs and scoring.
Rev, didn't you say Dawkins was over the hill garbage at the signing?

If I were you I wouldn't get on Popps too much. You did take quite an extended hiatus there despite your move. And you were so far off base during the offseason with the doom and gloom attitude. 3-13 was it?

You present yourself as an expert about everything, and being articulate it almost seems plausible at times.

You're entertaining and I enjoy your wit, but maybe you want to keep your head down a little bit since your numerous opinions are hit and miss.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #81
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

I hated shanny when we always struggle during NOV/DEC..
I will continue to hate Mcd if the tradition continues.

It is really frustrating that we will not be in playoff's after starting 6-0
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #82
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't think I qualify as a McD hater. But I do hate losing to the Raiders at home. And McD just did that. And it was actually pretty embarassing the way we lost. They just yelled on the sidelines "HEY, ANYBODY WANT TO GO IN AT QB?" Jamarcus was just lucky that he beat the media relations guy to the huddle.

Wow. 13 shotgun passes in a row from Jamarcus Russell. That just isn't right. That one is going to stick in my craw for a long time.

It doesn't mean that Josh cant win a Superbowl. My faith in that idea is shaken, but not destroyed. The reason why, is because I believe that next week, the team will come out to play strong against the Eagles. And that's something.
the worst part of it is he outperformed Orton
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #83
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I hated shanny when we always struggle during NOV/DEC..
I will continue to hate Mcd if the tradition continues.

It is really frustrating that we will not be in playoff's after starting 6-0
Don't jump ship just yet grasshopper
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #84
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Rev, didn't you say Dawkins was over the hill garbage at the signing?

If I were you I wouldn't get on Popps too much. You did take quite an extended hiatus there despite your move. And you were so far off base during the offseason with the doom and gloom attitude. 3-13 was it?

You present yourself as an expert about everything, and being articulate it almost seems plausible at times.

You're entertaining and I enjoy your wit, but maybe you want to keep your head down a little bit since your numerous opinions are hit and miss.

Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah...

If everybody took this advice, there'd be no need for message boards. Thankfully, though, everybody's opinions are hit and miss, and thus the need for message board validation will continue to exist.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #85
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Rev, didn't you say Dawkins was over the hill garbage at the signing?

If I were you I wouldn't get on Popps too much. You did take quite an extended hiatus there despite your move. And you were so far off base during the offseason with the doom and gloom attitude. 3-13 was it?

You present yourself as an expert about everything, and being articulate it almost seems plausible at times.

You're entertaining and I enjoy your wit, but maybe you want to keep your head down a little bit since your numerous opinions are hit and miss.
Yup, I said he wouldn't be worth the time he spends on the field when they're pulling him from the D in passing downs. Nolan's done a magnificient job minimizing his coverage liability and maximizing his strengths. I've admitted that multiple times here, and yeah, I've even mentioned how they've exceeded all my expectations even multiple times last night.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #86
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah...

If everybody took this advice, there'd be no need for message boards. Thankfully, though, everybody's opinions are hit and miss, and thus the need for message board validation will continue to exist.
Hit and miss? Moi? I don't think so. When have I ever been wrong?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #87
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah...

If everybody took this advice, there'd be no need for message boards. Thankfully, though, everybody's opinions are hit and miss, and thus the need for message board validation will continue to exist.
Well, I admire// some of you guys for your numerous and fearless predictions/opinions. I'm a little more cautious and tend to go with more sure winners.

Carry on . . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #88
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Well, I admire// some of you guys for your numerous and fearless predictions/opinions. I'm a little more cautious and tend to go with more sure winners.

Carry on . . . .
Yeah, like that "sure winner" that Brandstater should start over Orton...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #89
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yup, I said he wouldn't be worth the time he spends on the field when they're pulling him from the D in passing downs. Nolan's done a magnificient job minimizing his coverage liability and maximizing his strengths. I've admitted that multiple times here, and yeah, I've even mentioned how they've exceeded all my expectations even multiple times last night.
You're a slick poster. You have a rare ability to just sliiiide right through, leaving wreckage behind you and coming out clean on the other side.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #90
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
It's not like last years offense was some juggernaut. Last years offense shot itself in the foot plenty, and settled for alot of FGs also.

However, McDaniels is on the cusp of being the one and only coach in NFL history to start 6-0 and still not make the playoffs. A towering achievment of failure.



You thought people hated you for letting Cutler go? Just wait until you humiliate the team, the city and the fanbase for the second time in as many years.
have you seen cutler play this year? there was no humiliation in letting him go at all, that was a masterful piece of player evaluation and FO work.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #91
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Yeah, like that "sure winner" that Brandstater should start over Orton...
Haha, very funny. I'm sure I vacillated regarding that, as in using words like "tending", "perhaps".

As I said, you guys that make absolutes I enjoy your takes and your wit. Your personalities tend to overwhelm me, perhaps.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #92
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

this message board is getting ridiculous. all it is is half of you screaming (again) that mcdaniels destroyed this franchise and hes an awful coach, and the other half trying to use logic to say that while his gameplans and coaching decisions ahvent been spectacular, hes doing a good job overall and (should) get better.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #93
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
While I understand what you are saying, when was this ever an issue? Maybe later in his career but he was also a 2 time super bowl winner. A little arrogance was warranted. Mike never pulled the OT screen pass FUBAR out of his hat though. That's just pathetic. Probably would have been a better play to Matt Lepsis considering he was a TE in college.

What about McD though? He runst hat **** and gets away with it and walks around the facility like he has the biggest pair of balls of them all. I think a little humility is in order for McD but that won't ever happen.
The only way to bring McD back down to earth are for the players to give hime a "Blanket Party" at the end of season!

This way at the at draft time and at the start of training camp, McD will realize "IT AIN'T ABOUT HIM"!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #94
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
this message board is getting ridiculous. all it is is half of you screaming (again) that mcdaniels destroyed this franchise and hes an awful coach, and the other half trying to use logic to say that while his gameplans and coaching decisions ahvent been spectacular, hes doing a good job overall and (should) get better.
You can best believe every Bronco forum around the country are behaving this way. Right now, McD's Broncos are on pace to duplicate the last 3 seasons that Shanny had.

It has been Nolan's defense that has saved McD's comatose offense all season. McD absolutely sucks at play calling.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #95
yavoon
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 10,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Why, the answer would have been the same... It's not the running back, it's the whole team doing their jobs.
such an assinine defense.
yavoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #96
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
You can best believe every Bronco forum around the country are behaving this way. Right now, McD's Broncos are on pace to duplicate the last 3 seasons that Shanny had.

It has been Nolan's defense that has saved McD's comatose offense all season. McD absolutely sucks at play calling.
mcd is as big a part ofthe defense as nolan, as much as you want to deny it. the playcalling is getting pathetic.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #97
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
You're a slick poster. You have a rare ability to just sliiiide right through, leaving wreckage behind you and coming out clean on the other side.
Because of 3 things:

1. I admit when I'm wrong.
2. I hit way more than I miss.
3. I don't care at all what other people think of me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #98
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Because of 3 things:

1. I admit when I'm wrong.
2. I hit way more than I miss.
3. I don't care at all what other people think of me.
1. True.
2. True, but when you miss, boy you're waaaaay outside.
3. See # 2.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #99
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 10,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

It is funny how some people have become pseunonymous with the pro-Mcdaniels anti-Cutler side and vice versa, but it is beginning to wear thin.

Frankly I think we can all agree that Mcdaniels has done some good things and some less good things and that the Cutler trade in hindsight looks pretty good.

That doesn't absolve people from being wrong and it doesn't make anyones oppinion better than others, unfortunately oppinions are like right thumbs, almost every has got one, but unfortunately some people tend to jam theirs up the ass.

Mcdaniels hasn't been outcoached often this year, to my mind only really twice, the Baltimore game and the Raiders game. In both games we came off looking like one trick ponies with no backup plan and not enough talent to compensate for the lack of a good gameplan.

I guess there is some symmetry here, last time we lost at home to an AFC West opponent we played a team from the NFC East and thouroughly kicked some ass, lets hope history repeats itself in that respect. We are not out, even though the effort yesterday was circling the drain.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #100
orangenblue
Ring of Famer
 
orangenblue's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,249
Default

When we were winning Orton was throwing the football. Now were running 18 times on first down against a brickwall defensive line.
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Denver Broncos