The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

this offense is so boring and plays it way to safe. Fail to score at least 20 points 9 times already this year.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #27
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
this offense is so boring and plays it way to safe. Fail to score at least 20 points 9 times already this year.
I don't have the stamina right now to look in the history logs to see when the last time that happened in a season. I would wager it was Griese's final year. But that's just a guess.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It really wasn't any different with Shanahan. The questions often beat around the bush to what the fans really want to know. And a couple of guys, when they get confrontational, they ask the questions in such a way that they come off as jerks pushing a point rather than trying to understand a decision.
While I understand what you are saying, when was this ever an issue? Maybe later in his career but he was also a 2 time super bowl winner. A little arrogance was warranted. Mike never pulled the OT screen pass FUBAR out of his hat though. That's just pathetic. Probably would have been a better play to Matt Lepsis considering he was a TE in college.

What about McD though? He runst hat **** and gets away with it and walks around the facility like he has the biggest pair of balls of them all. I think a little humility is in order for McD but that won't ever happen.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #29
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

good god here comes the "mcdaniels set this franchise back 50 years" and "cutler was the greatest thing to ever happen to this team and mcdaniels ruined it!!!" posts again. thought we were past this ****.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #30
wandlc
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
50% agree.

Distressing offense. But we were FAR from a "gem" last season. Fancy fantasy numbers don't mean anything. We were sloppy with the ball, had troubles in short yardage, had troubles on 3rd down, etc. We played from behind a lot and piled up yardage numbers. Middle of the pack at scoring... so hardly a gem, and it certainly wasn't "rising."

That said, I agree... we're stuck in quicksand right now, and have to figure out a way to get this thing kick-started. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take time and talent. Those are the remedies. This is a process... and as painful as it is, it doesn't happen overnight.

Remember, McDaniels was basically given Marshall, Clady, Royal and Sheff.

Marshall has had a great season. Clady has had a great season. Sheffler has been so-so, but made big catches. Royal has made clutch catches, but his numbers could definitely be better.

Outside of that, it's a full re-do. We're reworking this entire system. It's not like he inherited the 2000 Rams.

It's as painful for me to watch as it is for you. We show flashes, though... and I think a couple of real linemen would make a dramatic impact, immediately.

Actually, I think a healthy Buck might have been enough today, alone. But, Harris and Buck would have definitely been a difference-maker.
Actually we were #3 in third down conversion % last year, 48%, hardly struggling. This year we are 36%. Yardage was more a function of the worst starting field position in the league. Short yardage issues really started with Hillis' injury as did redzone issues. With basically the same offensive talent as last year with the exception of QB and RB the offense has regressed.
wandlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #31
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandlc View Post
With basically the same offensive talent as last year with the exception of QB and RB the offense has regressed.
And an upgrade at both positions if you ask people around here.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #32
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
good god here comes the "mcdaniels set this franchise back 50 years" and "cutler was the greatest thing to ever happen to this team and mcdaniels ruined it!!!" posts again. thought we were past this ****.

Personally since we're in a McD rebuild process this year, I would have rather started off on one level and see an increase in performance of the team over the course of the season. That way we know were making progress.

But instead I see a team digressing when we have a shot at the playoffs. I know for a fact that we have more talent we can utilize on this team, that for whatever reason they dont incorporate into the game plan. Hell I can see it on the receivers faces, when a ball happens to come their way for a change. Royal looks unhappy, Stokley, Scheffler too its hard to see Hillis rows deep on the sidelines. How did we get so much offense production last year, to a pathetic looking offense most the time this year. A quick out pass to your young future pro bowl LT, thats not designed to run with a football, to almost get him injured. But you wont put in Hillis, get the F outta here. I still have hope for McD, because he says he believes in team concept, I just dont See it right now.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #33
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandlc View Post
With basically the same offensive talent as last year with the exception of QB and RB the offense has regressed.
You forgot to factor in taking care of the ball to your fantasy football equation.

Look, you panic-stricken folks need to understand something... I get it. The offense is struggling. Just don't mistake that for "regressing" from the disaster we've seen the past three seasons.

I'll give you the 100 yards a game we're losing through the air if you'll also take those 4 turnovers a game we were handing out.

We're a different football team. We're rebuilding. It's a process. We're 8-6 and in a position to make the playoffs in year 1 of a rebuild with two new systems.

Maybe you folks can step back and just let a tiny bit of perspective eek in.

After all, we've come off of three years of abject failure and disappointment. So, let's not play make-believe as if in we were on the doorstep of anything.

This team made large-scale changes for a reason, and thus far... progress has been good.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #34
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Just think...24 INT's...where would that get this team?
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #35
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Fun house mirror perspective:

Quote:
I get it. The offense is struggling. Just don't mistake that for "regressing" from the disaster we've seen the past three seasons.

And then:

Quote:
We're a different football team. We're rebuilding. It's a process. We're 8-6 and in a position to make the playoffs in year 1 of a rebuild with two new systems.
We were in year two of a rebuild last season. Our offense has absolutely regressed from where we were last season. If you want me to embarass you with more of your own quotes on this subject, I'd be happy to dive back into the search engine. You were very vocal about the offense being set, and all we needed was to focus on defensive line.

of course, the wind has blown since then.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #36
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
You forgot to factor in taking care of the ball to your fantasy football equation.

Look, you panic-stricken folks need to understand something... I get it. The offense is struggling. Just don't mistake that for "regressing" from the disaster we've seen the past three seasons.

I'll give you the 100 yards a game we're losing through the air if you'll also take those 4 turnovers a game we were handing out.

Maybe you folks can step back and just let a tiny bit of perspective eek in.

After all, we've come off of three years of abject failure and disappointment. So, let's not play make-believe as if in we were on the doorstep of anything.

This team made large-scale changes for a reason, and thus far... progress has been good.
You mean was good? We're 2-6 against primarily non-playoff talent over the past two months. That's rather bad.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #37
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Did you know that with 19 turnovers, we're on pace to finish ionly 8 behind last years total? That's .5 per game, not 4, Popps.

On average, turnovers are worth a little less than 3 points. So, lets handicap those 8 (24 points), to the offense.

Our 2009 offense has scored 275 points. Adjust that to 16 games and we have a total 315. Add the 24 point turnover handicap and we arrive at 339.

339 and handicapped GENEROUSLY is vastly inferior to the 370 points scored last year that you knocked all off-season long.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #38
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Btw, last years ppg scoring would put us at 8th in the NFL this season.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #39
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This situation isn't helped by my buddies conspiring to send me text messages every 30 minutes to remind me that the Broncos lost due to Jamarcus Russell driving the field from the shot gun position 13 plays in a row.

What are friends for, eh? I think I hate these guys! lol

"Jamarcus Russell - Shotgun - 13 plays - sound familiar?"
Old 12-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #40
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
If you want me to embarass you with more of your own quotes on this subject, .
Oh Taco... there's no one on this forum with a more embarrassing posting history than yourself. That's been well-covered from "Gutless" to "Don't you idiots talk about Shanahan getting fired because it's not happening"... to you getting your site kicked out of Broncos headquarters and letting someone else take the rap for it.

God help you if you hadn't deleted the archives. Obviously a tactical move, as you wouldn't even be able to show your face here if we could pull that stuff.

So, let's stick to the business at hand.

Last year, the worst facet of this team was defense, without a question. There was no question that our defense was the primary area of need.

We upgraded or changed almost every position in the front seven and most in the secondary, and we're greatly improved.

I've already agreed with you that the offense is struggling. If you're not willing to give the team more than a season, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Cutler was a total disaster and you can see from his play this year that we weren't going anywhere with him. He's a ****ing mess.

So, you can pine away for the "good old days" of 8-8 football and letting teams run up 50 points a week on us.

Personally, I'm happy with how this rebuild is going, and am still rooting for this team to make the playoffs. I realize that might cause a lot of problems for you and the Widows, but I'm still hoping it happens.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #41
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That's a nightmare way to lose a game.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #42
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Btw, last years ppg scoring would put us at 8th in the NFL this season.
Dude, that would be awesome!

Oh, and last year's defense this year would have us somewhere around 2-12.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #43
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Oh Taco... there's no one on this forum with a more embarrassing posting history than yourself. That's been well-covered from "Gutless" to "Don't you idiots talk about Shanahan getting fired because it's not happening"... to you getting your site kicked out of Broncos headquarters and letting someone else take the rap for it.
Who did I let take the rap for what? I know that you like to distort things, but this one is new for me. How have you completely changed history this time?

You have to do this stuff on purpose. You're either a compulsive liar, or just a guy very disconnected from the world around him.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #44
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

God help you if you hadn't deleted the archives. Obviously a tactical move, as you wouldn't even be able to show your face here if we could pull that stuff.

So, let's stick to the business at hand.

Last year, the worst facet of this team was defense, without a question. There was no question that our defense was the primary area of need.

We upgraded or changed almost every position in the front seven and most in the secondary, and we're greatly improved.

I've already agreed with you that the offense is struggling. If you're not willing to give the team more than a season, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Cutler was a total disaster and you can see from his play this year that we weren't going anywhere with him. He's a ****ing mess.

So, you can pine away for the "good old days" of 8-8 football and letting teams run up 50 points a week on us.

Personally, I'm happy with how this rebuild is going, and am still rooting for this team to make the playoffs. I realize that might cause a lot of problems for you and the Widows, but I'm still hoping it happens.
Just about everyone of the added main contributors is well past 30... so for how long?

After all, didn't you just say this was a process and preach patience?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #45
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
God help you if you hadn't deleted the archives.

There are five years of archives to search. Have at them. We don't need more than 5 years of archives on the server at a time though. I wish I had unlimited resources to do that, but you're right - it was a tactical move so that we could keep the forum up.

Keep the fun house mirror going though. You're a nice attraction to have around.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #46
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Who did I let take the rap for what? I know that you like to distort things, but this one is new for me. How have you completely changed history this time?

You have to do this stuff on purpose. You're either a compulsive liar, or just a guy very disconnected from the world around him.
Someone posted a Gutless post in their report. (Your words, your creation, your fault.)

You patted them on the head when they posted a "sorry" thread, as if it was their fault at all.

Pretty comical.

But, you're the one making threats about old posts. So, maybe we can concentrate on right now, or... you can keep up with the silly threats.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #47
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Someone posted a Gutless post in their report. (Your words, your creation, your fault.)

You patted them on the head when they posted a "sorry" thread, as if it was their fault at all.

Pretty comical.

But, you're the one making threats about old posts. So, maybe we can concentrate on right now, or... you can keep up with the silly threats.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you're just lost in your own head, and not a compulsive liar, though the outward appearance is the same.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #48
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Just about everyone of the added main contributors is well past 30... so for how long?

After all, didn't you just say this was a process and preach patience?
First off, good to see you posting again, Rev. You took a long hiatus there in the first half of the season. You've been more active the last couple of weeks.

Second, "everyone" isn't over 30... and we've drafted a pretty good handful of secondary players. I'd assume the plan is for those guys to take over jobs in the future.

New England (like Denver in the glory days) always made use of experienced vets mixed with young players. So, I'd expect that tradition to continue. Dawkins has been invaluable to this team. Do you disagree with that?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #49
Popps
It's so easy

[QUOTE=Taco John

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you're just lost in your own head, and not a compulsive liar, though the outward appearance is the same.[/QUOTE]

Sure, man. Whatever you say. But, you were the one that wanted to dig up old posts. Are we still doing that or are we back to talking football?

Or, are you just going to name-call?

We can go either way....
Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #50
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
First off, good to see you posting again, Rev. You took a long hiatus there in the first half of the season. You've been more active the last couple of weeks.

Second, "everyone" isn't over 30... and we've drafted a pretty good handful of secondary players. I'd assume the plan is for those guys to take over jobs in the future.

New England (like Denver in the glory days) always made use of experienced vets mixed with young players. So, I'd expect that tradition to continue. Dawkins has been invaluable to this team. Do you disagree with that?
First, no I didn't. I was here in full swing up until I moved Nov 3rd. Then I missed a few weeks. That was also our losing streak and posting felt dirty.

Second, Dawkins, Vonnie, Goodman, Hill are all over 30, and are the main FA defensive contributors. And the only secondary player that we drafted that has shown a goddamn thing is McBath.

No, I don't disagree with your final statement... you didn't actually say anything TO disagree with. And you ignored my post on TOs and scoring.