The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default Kyle Orton is Ashamed/Disgusted

http://www.denverbroncos.com/index.php

Watch this post game interview.

You can tell how ashamed and disgusted he is at himself/the entire team for how they played today.

... and rightfully so.

I didn't see any of the excuses or we need to work harder yada yada BS that's been used all season.

Seems like reality has set in.

I've not watched the McDaniels one yet and frankly I don't feel like it. I've had enough today and for a while.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

It's fine. This is painful. He's having a hard time with it.

That said, I have a very hard time blaming this game on him. We made all sorts of mistakes today. He wasn't fantastic, but it's not his fault we can't get enough push up front to run for 3 ****ing yards to put a game away.

They played hard today. They didn't quit. We still have hope... and games like last week and this week help teams figure out what they need to do to be champs.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

It's not all on Orton. If McDaniels let him throw some vertical passes, it might loosen up the defense and open up the short screens and pick passes that our head coach is in love with.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

He sucks but he played about as good as he can for his skill set. I don't blame him he gets the most out of his limited skills and is a stand up guy.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
He sucks but he played about as good as he can for his skill set. I don't blame him he gets the most out of his limited skills and is a stand up guy.
Same could be said for Rudy at Notre Dame. That's great and all, but I still don't want him as QB for my football team. This is pro sports, not a charity for untalented nice guys.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

orton sacked himself on a key play. i was like wtf. how does orton get sacked when no one touched him.
LongDongJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
orton sacked himself on a key play. i was like wtf. how does orton get sacked when no one touched him.
It was smarter than just about any of his other choices. Cutler would have lobbed it up for an INT. He went down, and kept our lead. The announcers even commented that it was probably the lesser of all evils in that situation.

A better question is, why wasn't he protected? Why didn't he have anyone to throw the ball to?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It was smarter than just about any of his other choices. Cutler would have lobbed it up for an INT. He went down, and kept our lead. The announcers even commented that it was probably the lesser of all evils in that situation.

A better question is, why wasn't he protected? Why didn't he have anyone to throw the ball to?
Broncos wish they had Cutler instead of Orton, Cutler actually scored tds for the Broncos. 23 ppg looks pretty damn good right about now. 23 ppg beats the raiders today. I bet the defense would love to have last years offense instead of this pile of garbage
Old 12-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
It's not all on Orton. If McDaniels let him throw some vertical passes, it might loosen up the defense and open up the short screens and pick passes that our head coach is in love with.
This is what I don't friggin understand. Good Lord, he was having success when he actually threw the ball downfield, but McDaniels seemed to handcuff him most of the day.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

How do you know you see what everyone else see's just whats on the tv screen we don't know if anyone downfield was open or not
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
...Why didn't he have anyone to throw the ball to?
Clady was covered.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
How do you know you see what everyone else see's just whats on the tv screen we don't know if anyone downfield was open or not
Here's a hint- poops doesn't know anything. He's just looking to conveniently place blame anywhere other than where it actually lies- with Orton and McDaniels.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I saw him out drinking till 6 AM this morning in Lodo.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
It's fine. This is painful. He's having a hard time with it.

That said, I have a very hard time blaming this game on him. We made all sorts of mistakes today. He wasn't fantastic, but it's not his fault we can't get enough push up front to run for 3 ****ing yards to put a game away.

They played hard today. They didn't quit. We still have hope... and games like last week and this week help teams figure out what they need to do to be champs.

This game isn't on Orton, however a QB that can buy some time with his feet is a must in today's game. Look at guys like Drew Brees and Tony Romo. The play is never over b/c they can buy time. Hell, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady look like Mike Vick compared to Kyle Orton. He is the biggest statue I've seen since Drew Bledsoe.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:

B/c McD wasn't smart enough to give Polumbus help with a TE? Again, with a QB that has some faith in his legs maybe that play is extended and turned into a yard or two gain instead of an eight yard sack
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Broncos wish they had Cutler instead of Orton, Cutler actually scored tds for the Broncos. 23 ppg looks pretty damn good right about now. 23 ppg beats the raiders today. I bet the defense would love to have last years offense instead of this pile of garbage
how does Cutler and his 24 INT help us win this or any other game? He is a loser in the NFL, college, and nothing will change anytime soon bc the guy is a cancer that is a liablilty to his team.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #17
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Oh please. It was 20 ppg in 07 and then 23 in 08 and both seasons feature a lot of weak defenses on the schedule. They put up average stats at best against below average competition. This team is around 20 against significantly stronger defenses. Top 10 defenses pretty much every other ****ing week.

You want to talk about a drop in production? Go look at our run TD's scored this year to the last few years.

It's a massive drop. We can't ****ing run the ball in the red zone and short yardage. Are you going to sit there and tell me teams aren't respecting the deep ball in the red zone and that's why they are stacking the line to stop the run?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

FWIW, a lot of questions for McDaniels were about playcalling.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Clady was covered.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Oh please. It was 20 ppg in 07 and then 23 in 08 and both seasons feature a lot of weak defenses on the schedule. They put up average stats at best against below average competition. This team is around 20 against significantly stronger defenses. Top 10 defenses pretty much every other ****ing week.

You want to talk about a drop in production? Go look at our run TD's scored this year to the last few years.

It's a massive drop. We can't ****ing run the ball in the red zone and short yardage. Are you going to sit there and tell me teams aren't respecting the deep ball in the red zone and that's why they are stacking the line to stop the run?
I know I can't fly so I don't jump off buildings. There is this trick play teams do in the RZ or on third in short its called the forward pass.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #21
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by popps View Post
it was smarter than just about any of his other choices. Cutler would have lobbed it up for an int. He went down, and kept our lead. The announcers even commented that it was probably the lesser of all evils in that situation.

spin spin spin!!!!
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Actually, Orton should be taking the blame for the past 8 quarters of futility. The defense played great against the Colts despite having little help from the offense, and he pissed that opportunity away.

Neckbeard wouldn't be starting unless the alternative was Chris Simms. Even he manages to make Fail Orton look good.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Keep crying, BPC. Cutler isn't coming back.

Go watch Chicago if you want to see INTs that badly.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Actually, Orton should be taking the blame for the past 8 quarters of futility. The defense played great against the Colts despite having little help from the offense, and he pissed that opportunity away.

Neckbeard wouldn't be starting unless the alternative was Chris Simms. Even he manages to make Fail Orton look good.
Um Did you start watching the Colts game at half time or something?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #25
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Um Did you start watching the Colts game at half time or something?
He's a Bears fan, dude.

Actually, a Cutler fan. If Cutler winds up in the UFL, BPC will follow him.