The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default If Hillis Really is So Good.

Why has not one of his Coaches ever Realized it?

Benched and Switched Position in College.
Benched until Round 5 or so by Shanahan.
Benched by McDaniels.

What is it the board has figured out that the Coaches don't get.

BTW he did have several shots in the first few games. But he dropped balls, False Started and Got stoned.

No Doubt we have issues but I don't think Hillis is the answer.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Armchair coaches. Gotta love them.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post

Benched by McDaniels.

BTW he did have several shots in the first few games. But he dropped balls, False Started and Got stoned.

I don't like the guy but to claim that he isn't good because he was forced to switch positions in college is laughable at best. He was good enough that the coach felt it was a good idea to get him ON the field even when they had two first round RBs a head of him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

Benched by McDaniels.

Hillis is not the answer for starting..But, i believe he is the answer for short yardage situations.
What choices do we have?

Buck and Moreno are unable to convert the short yardages.

Mcd has to give a chance to him atleast once to see if Hillis can deliver.
(Much better than QB draw on 3rd and 1)
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't like the guy but to claim that he isn't good because he was forced to switch positions in college is laughable at best. He was good enough that the coach felt it was a good idea to get him ON the field even when they had two first round RBs a head of him.
Well Kind of But not Really. Hillis was the FB of which they usually had one playing. Felix Jones was the guy that was so good they had to get him on the field. ala 2RB and 1 FB. 1RB and 1FB just normal.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Well whatever there doing now aint working! At least give Hillis a shot at the short yardage situations, he can't do any worse!!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Well whatever there doing now aint working! At least give Hillis a shot at the short yardage situations, he can't do any worse!!
Not a lie
Old 12-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Well Kind of But not Really. Hillis was the FB of which they usually had one playing. Felix Jones was the guy that was so good they had to get him on the field. ala 2RB and 1 FB. 1RB and 1FB just normal.
He was a RB then they switched him to FB because he was too valuable to keep off the field. He was recruited to play there for his running ability not his blocking.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

we saw what he did on the field last year against some of the best NFL defenses in the league, how are you going to downplay that?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Just about every player in the locker room acknowledged that our season ended last year when he got hurt against KC. Not being able to run the ball killed us against Buffalo. It's killing us against year. Some of our best games last year (Atlanta, NY Jets) were when he was running the ball.

Most of the game today Moreno was getting stoned because the line was getting pushed backwards. That said, there has been more than 1 occasions that he's tip-toed into the hole and a down hill runner would get at least a couple yards.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

It's amazing to me how people have totally erased from their minds the accomplishments of Hillis.
How quickly you guys have been to ignore what the guy did last year, the way he naturally runs the ball, catches the ball, and makes things happen.
Instead, you guys keep alluding to ridiculous lame excuses that are totally irrelevant to what the guy has done and can do.

Tell me how...
"Benched and Switched Position in College. Benched until Round 5 or so by Shanahan. Benched by McDaniels." has anything to do with what the guy does on the field?
With how the guy performs on the field?
You're trying to crucify the guy for being put sporadically in games all season long without any kind of meaningful playing time to even establish some kind of trend or momentum, while we keep giving Moreno passes for his less than spectacular performance more fit for a 5th round pick than for a 1st round selection?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Benched by McDaniels.

"Benched" until Round 5...

Is this serious or a joke?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Maybe they will line Hillis up at LT so he can get more involved in the passing game.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:

Benched by McDaniels.

So you think that having plays designed for Clady and LaMont Jordan gives us a better chance than giving Hillis at least 12 touches in the game?
What or who you think is the answer?
Moreno failed miserably on the 2nd half. He had a chance to convert in 3rd and goal and we settled for a field goals.
We keep leaving 4 points on the field by kicking field goals.
There's a reason why we're amongst the worst in the league in red zone efficiency.
We're not using our playmakers.
We saw today how one of those forgotten playmakers we have in our team does when he gets a chance to play (Stokley)
We haven't seen Scheffler used more consistent to at least a tune of 6 catches per game to have the opportunity to make plays.
We haven't seen Hillis at all in crucial running plays in short yardage situations or even as in a relief role to show he can help our offense.

All of this thanks to a stubborn, immature and arrogant head coach who wants to make sure his 1st round pick gets 1000 yards to claim victory for the criticism he recieved by going with Moreno with the 12th pick overall

So far, after 14 games into the season, you have wonder if our 2009 draft class gets a passing grade.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Who cares what coaches say? All I know is when he steps onto the field, after one or two plays, he is a horse. He knocks people on their ass. I don't care how bad you may think he is... if it's a choice between Orton on 3rd and 4, or Hillis.. I'll take Hillis every time. Not playing him in those situations is stupid.

I can only guess he slept or hit on McD's wife.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #16
uplink
Ring of Famer

someone with tickets behind the broncos bench should start a Hillis Cam to watch during the games.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Maybe they will line Hillis up at LT so he can get more involved in the passing game.
Seriously.

This Hillis stuff is like the H1N1 of the Orange Mane. It's an infectious disease of idiocy.

Where's the outcry for Brandon Lloyd? Our passing game needs more juice. Why don't we have a pity-part about him, too?

The ****ing running game will go as far as the blocking takes us. We blocked our asses off against KC and ran for 200. We got pushed backwards all day up front today, and we had troubles.

As I've said, give Hillis carries or don't. I don't give a ****, just open holes for whoever is back there. There's your solution.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

maybe Josh is a lurker on the Mane and he is now afraid that if he finally puts Hillis in and he scores, he will have to face the "I told you so" posters of the Mane and he knows we are the biggest a-holes around. He wont be able to handle it. One time where you cant suck in your pride as the OM eating you alive just isnt worth it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #19
uplink
Ring of Famer

Attached Images

uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Seriously.

This Hillis stuff is like the H1N1 of the Orange Mane. It's an infectious disease of idiocy.

Where's the outcry for Brandon Lloyd? Our passing game needs more juice. Why don't we have a pity-part about him, too?

The ****ing running game will go as far as the blocking takes us. We blocked our asses off against KC and ran for 200. We got pushed backwards all day up front today, and we had troubles.

As I've said, give Hillis carries or don't. I don't give a ****, just open holes for whoever is back there. There's your solution.
If the backup QB were Bubby Brister, or someone who has SHOWN they can do it in a Den uni, you'd have similar threads going on about them.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Seriously.

Actually, what you said before the wind blew in another direction was:

Quote:
...besides a few douche-bags around here, everyone saw how different this team was with Hillis taking the bulk of the carries. I mean, it's night and day.
Direct quote
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #22
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

McD doesn't think much of him its obvious he will be gone next year. I like him alot but, realize this staff doesn't.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #23
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Seriously.

I just watched the game again.. On a number of runs Moreno is dancing in the backfield or is running sideways and gets hit.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Actually, what you said before the wind blew in another direction was:

Direct quote
That was last year's flavor of the season, TJ...
Old 12-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolad View Post
I just watched the game again.. On a number of runs Moreno is dancing in the backfield or is running sideways and gets hit.
I've said this has been his problem all season. He has burst, speed, and power. However, he lacks the ability to hit the hole fast and hard.

It's very noticeable when he's splitting carries with Buckhalter because Buck hits the hole like a mad man and is past the LOS before he gets touched.

A lot of the running issues are within the OL. But Moreno needs to learn to read the hole and hit it MUCH faster than he is doing right now.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote