The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default calling dumerville

please show up in any game in the 2nd half this year...thanks.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

He is held all the time, but its not called. The Raiders also exposed him by running to his side and he was eaten alive. Eventhough he has 15 sacks, as an OLB he is still a work in progress.

The Raiders also ran screens to his side a ton. Elvis should have had contain, but the only thing he can do right now is pass rush.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

he has turf toe.....
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Popps
It's so easy

Yea, I've delicately approached this issue for a few weeks, now.

I see him working out there, but really... somewhere on that last drive would have been nice to have him make a play.

I love the guy, but I think this sort of is his MO. I think he feasts on teams like K.C., but doesn't always have huge days in huge games like this.

We need to resign him. He's a stud. It's just something that is a little frustrating. You want your biggest stars shining in the biggest games.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I think it would be hard to find anybody who understands football less than Tsiguy. Even Rusty Trombone has a point somewhere in his incoherent writing style. Tsiguy? Nope. Just looks at a stat sheet, doesn't see any sacks by Dumervil's name and assumes he didn't do anything today.... when in reality, Denver will probably have to fit him up with a new set of pads after his set today was ripped to shreds by offensive linemen that were holding on every play.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea, I've delicately approached this issue for a few weeks, now.

I see him working out there, but really... somewhere on that last drive would have been nice to have him make a play.

I love the guy, but I think this sort of is his MO. I think he feasts on teams like K.C., but doesn't always have huge days in huge games like this.

We need to resign him. He's a stud. It's just something that is a little frustrating. You want your biggest stars shining in the biggest games.
Ha ha ha, you've announced fall guy #2. Offensive line was the first. Care to announce who's third on your list? Brandon Marshall? Seems like the logical guess after your awkward aiming points thus far.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I am more pissed about Ayers not making a play to be honest. He was there multiple times and did jack squat! It was weird how he was playing. Almost like practice when you cant tackle the QB at all, although he didn't even touch them either!
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I think it would be hard to find anybody who understands football less than Tsiguy. Even Rusty Trombone has a point somewhere in his incoherent writing style. Tsiguy? Nope. Just looks at a stat sheet, doesn't see any sacks by Dumervil's name and assumes he didn't do anything today.... when in reality, Denver will probably have to fit him up with a new set of pads after his set today was ripped to shreds by offensive linemen that were holding on every play.
sorry bpc, given your track record of the **** youve been saying the last 15 weeks, you have no right to call anyone else out, ever, on lack of football knowledge. btw cutler threw for a whole 90 yards and a few INT today, we should probably trade to get him back.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Your reponse is more for you than TSI, well I disagree with TSI on Elvis showing up on the second half I must say he never shows up against good competition or big games. I would consider today a big game. The holding excuse could be used for any good pass rusher some are able to work thru it Elvis to this point hasn't.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Maybe if we had someone else to bring some pressure we wouldn't have to pin the hopes of the front 7 on one ****ing guy.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
sorry bpc, given your track record of the **** youve been saying the last 15 weeks...
He hasn't been here the last 15 weeks because he generally only shows up after losses...
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Teams scheme against Elvis. Obviously, he's the strength of the Broncos' pass rush. I wonder what would happen if the Broncos went out and got a dominating NT like Wilfork in the offseason? Or Seymour at DE? I'm guessing we'd see a whole lot more of Elvis in the backfield.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I thought Doom played better than most on the D today.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #14
bpc

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
Your reponse is more for you than TSI, well I disagree with TSI on Elvis showing up on the second half I must say he never shows up against good competition or big games. I would consider today a big game. The holding excuse could be used for any good pass rusher some are able to work thru it Elvis to this point hasn't.
Wow really, that's funny because on my stats here it says he had 2 sacks against Dallas, SD, NYG, all games we needed to win. He also register 2 in a road victory against Oakland, 1 at KC and a host of sacks in other games. Not only that, not kept on the docket is the impact he had rushing the passer against Palmer and Brady where he went "sackless". Guess that means he didn't impact the game at all either?

What happened to some of you guys? Really, you can't follow simple NFL football now where you're calling out Elvis? This sounds just like when Popps called out Brandon Marshall against Pittsburgh/Baltimore saying he couldn't get open against their CB's and he was the reason we lost.

I truly feel for some of you guys. Your eyes are deceiving you.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wow really, that's funny because on my stats here it says he had 2 sacks against Dallas, SD, NYG, all games we needed to win. He also register 2 in a road victory against Oakland, 1 at KC and a host of sacks in other games. Not only that, not kept on the docket is the impact he had rushing the passer against Palmer and Brady where he went "sackless". Guess that means he didn't impact the game at all either?

What happened to some of you guys? Really, you can't follow simple NFL football now where you're calling out Elvis? This sounds just like when Popps called out Brandon Marshall against Pittsburgh/Baltimore saying he couldn't get open against their CB's and he was the reason we lost.

his last sack was week 13 in a blowout against KC. thats 3 straight games without a sack...thanks though
Old 12-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
his last sack was week 13 in a blowout against KC. thats 3 straight games without a sack...thanks though
KC was week 13 Oakland was week 15. You're welcome.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
He is held all the time, but its not called. The Raiders also exposed him by running to his side and he was eaten alive. Eventhough he has 15 sacks, as an OLB he is still a work in progress.

The Raiders also ran screens to his side a ton. Elvis should have had contain, but the only thing he can do right now is pass rush.
I dont know if it was Doom being held but there was a really obvious one on the RT during their last drive. I think it was on that 4th and 10 conversion. The pass rusher had the RT beat to the inside and then the RT grabbed him. It was blatant and obvious. If the ref isnt going to call that, what can you do? It was reminiscent of the entire second half of the NE game in 2005.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:

It isn't this year dip**** it has been his whole career to feast on the weaker competition. I'll bet the teams you listed aren't very good in sack's allowed. None of them have top notch LT's. F*&K off big p***Y Chris. Your act is tired here go root for Jay George and the Bears p***Y.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

I agree with both these points. And since a top pass rusher goes for 70M, we cannot resign him, can we?
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #20
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Maybe if we had someone else to bring some pressure we wouldn't have to pin the hopes of the front 7 on one ****ing guy.
I agree, 100%. We've got to bring better pressure from elsewhere.

It looked like Ayers was getting better push today, at times. He's learning.
But, we'll need to continue to upgrade in the front seven so he doesn't have to do it all.

All that said, it's just tough to see a couple of weeks this big go by and he doesn't get to the QB. He played hard today. I love the guy. I just hope he can make a big play over the next couple of weeks.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsunday View Post
I agree with both these points. And since a top pass rusher goes for 70M, we cannot resign him, can we?
Oh, think we absolutely have to re-sign him. Despite being a little hard to spot in some games, he's a vital cog for our defense. The bottom line is, he has to be accounted for on every play or he's a threat. He's also coming into his own as a run defender.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a vital asset to our team. I'm just agreeing (to a point) with the OP that it would have been nice to see him step up and make a play on one of those last two Raider drives.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #22
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Oh, think we absolutely have to re-sign him. Despite being a little hard to spot in some games, he's a vital cog for our defense. The bottom line is, he has to be accounted for on every play or he's a threat. He's also coming into his own as a run defender.

Don't get me wrong. I think he's a vital asset to our team. I'm just agreeing (to a point) with the OP that it would have been nice to see him step up and make a play on one of those last two Raider drives.
I'm a little mixed because when you pay a guy the kind of cash he's going to command, he has to show up brightly in your best games. When a "super star" disappears in key situations, that's a huge red flag IMO. That's particularly true when we have a couple of important players that need contracts this off season.

I agree that he forces teams to double him. And perhaps he'll get better as he gets reps in this new system -- he's probably a bit worn down having been a part time player until this year.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #23
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
please show up in any game in the 2nd half this year...thanks.
What kind of Broncos "fan" doesn't even know how to spell the name of one of the best players on our defense?
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I dont know if it was Doom being held but there was a really obvious one on the RT during their last drive. I think it was on that 4th and 10 conversion. The pass rusher had the RT beat to the inside and then the RT grabbed him. It was blatant and obvious. If the ref isnt going to call that, what can you do? It was reminiscent of the entire second half of the NE game in 2005.
I saw that too. It was actually Ayers who beat the RT to the inside, then got spun around by the RT and RG. It was an obvious call, imo, but the ref missed it.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

btw i just noticed, i meant teh second half of this season, not second half of a game.