The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Serious question, tiebreakers?

Ok, say we lose next week, there are 50 teams at 7 - 7.

Who do we want to win/lose?













Keep your PMS for another thread eh?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

We want every ****ing team to lose.

Miami owns us in tiebreaker right now - Baltimore IS going to be in the playoffs.

Pitt can now match us (they also own us).

If we lose next week or against KC we're done.

Hence... why this was a must win game vs a ****ty team and why the forum is bat **** crazy right now.

This game WAS A MUST WIN.

Season is over baring some sort of miracle win @ Philly and then ... assuming we don't lose to the ****ty Chiefs (who btw could beat us just like the ****ty Raiders).
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

It is very complicated right now. Have no idea. It will be interesting...
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

We need to win both the games..otherwise..we are OUT..

Baltimore will be in the playoff's
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride
 
For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm not sure I want a playoff spot, if it means getting our @55es handed to us.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post


Season is over baring some sort of miracle win @ Philly and then ... assuming we don't lose to the ****ty Chiefs (who btw could beat us just like the ****ty Raiders).

Quote:
Keep your PMS for another thread eh?
Whaaaaaaaaa!
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
We want every ****ing team to lose.

Miami owns us in tiebreaker right now - Baltimore IS going to be in the playoffs.

Pitt can now match us (they also own us).

If we lose next week or against KC we're done.

Hence... why this was a must win game vs a ****ty team and why the forum is bat **** crazy right now.

This game WAS A MUST WIN.

Season is over baring some sort of miracle win @ Philly and then ... assuming we don't lose to the ****ty Chiefs (who btw could beat us just like the ****ty Raiders).
This was helpful. Thanks. Can i subscribe to your newsletter?


Keep your PMS for another thread eh?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
I'm not sure I want a playoff spot, if it means getting our @55es handed to us.
We have already beaten both teams who we would play.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
We have already beaten both teams who we would play.
we haven't been too good at playing a team for the second time around
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Denver is very much in the drivers seat. I honestly don't see any of the 7-7 teams winning out.

Miami:
Houston
Pitt

Jets:
@Indy
Cincy

Pitt:
Baltimore
@Miami

Jax:
@ Indy
@ Cle

Tenn:
SD
@ Sea

Houston:
@Miami
NE
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Txdonk
Just Drafted
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 28
Default

I played with the Yahoo playoff generator (really cool app btw), surprisingly out of 10+ combinations, only 2 has us out of playoff IF we lose to the Eagles but beat KC (which won't be easy for sure).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...40&16=15141505

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...40&16=15105505

the keys seem to be 1). Jax loses one more game and 2.) Jets do not finish 9-7 AND ahead of Miami (somehow if Miami is also in the mix at 9-7, it helps us).

Very interesting to be sure.
Txdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Good news is....Jets and Phins lost.....if Indy beats Jets next week, and NE beats the Jags.....we can still get in at 9-7
From 55CrushEm in another thread.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Denver is very much in the drivers seat. I honestly don't see any of the 7-7 teams winning out.
Rational thought. On the Mane. Today. Wow.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
Malcontent
Life....on tap.
 
Malcontent's Avatar
 
Got Mustard?

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,915

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chad Mustard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty shackleford View Post
this was helpful. Thanks. Can i subscribe to your newsletter?


keep your pms for another thread eh?
lol!!!
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

Stop getting my hopes up Rusty.

Thank you.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,489
Default

Denver still has a very high chance of getting in at 9-7.
Baltimore and Pitt, one of them will be at most 9-7.
Houston and Miami, one of them will be 8-8 at best. Then you have Miami also having to play Pittsburgh. Cross Miami off the list, they are done.
Jets have Indy and Cincy, I think its very high probability they lose one of those to go 8-8. They are done.
Jacksonville has the Pats and the Browns. Pats must win otherwise it doesn't look good because the Jags have a great conference record. They go 8-8, they are done.
Houston has Miami and New England. This will be a team to watch because they could very well go 9-7.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Denver still has a very high chance of getting in at 9-7.
Baltimore and Pitt, one of them will be at most 9-7.
Houston and Miami, one of them will be 8-8 at best. Then you have Miami also having to play Pittsburgh. Cross Miami off the list, they are done.
Jets have Indy and Cincy, I think its very high probability they lose one of those to go 8-8. They are done.
Jacksonville has the Pats and the Browns. Pats must win otherwise it doesn't look good because the Jags have a great conference record. They go 8-8, they are done.
Houston has Miami and New England. This will be a team to watch because they could very well go 9-7.
What about TEN?..They can win against SD and SEA.
Also, there are chances that PIT can win 9 games.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
bshawoakley
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Here are the conference records after today, remaining games in parentheses:

Denver 6-5 (Phi, KC)
Houston 4-6 (Mia, NE)
Pitt 4-6 (Bal, Mia)
Tenn 4-7 (SD, Sea)
NYJ 4-5 (Ind, Cin)
Jax 7-4 (NE, Cle)
Mia 5-5 Hou, Pitt)

Assuming Balt secures the 5th seed, Denver has a one-game lead overall for the 6th seed, but Pitt has the tiebreaker over us if we both finish 9-7. If Jax finishes 9-7, they would have the tiebreaker over us as well due to a better conf. record (they would be 9-4 and we would be 7-5, assuming we lose to philly and beat KC). Mia would be the only other team to worry about if they finish 9-7 because their conf. record would be the same as ours at 7-5.

In summary, we need Pitt, Jax, and Mia to lose 1 of the 2 remaining games and we need to beat KC. Of course we can control our own fate if we win the last 2 games.
bshawoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
What about TEN?..They can win against SD and SEA.
Also, there are chances that PIT can win 9 games.
I can't believe there are so many teams with a chance to get in. We screwed up bad today.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #20
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I can't believe there are so many teams with a chance to get in. We screwed up bad today.
yep..isn't it funny..TEN started at 0-6 and they have a shot to reach playoff's.

We started 6-0 and after the bye week..we choked in typical fashion.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,645

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

**** all of you and your tie breaker bull****. Team sucks and couldn't win a home game against a bad ****ing football team. No need to talk about playoffs unless they win out.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Denver Broncos