The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default These Broncos DO NOT Deserve the Playoffs

Woodyard should be cut, he is horrible and really helped this team lose today. 4th and 10 and he gives up 11. He promptly gives up another 7 yard completion, then the penalty to stop the clock and give them time to huddle.

Alphonso Smith had a so-so game, but not when it counted. Missed tackle, butter fingers on the INT.

Ayers... lets up when he has a chance to nail the QB or strip the ball.

McD has first and goal and won't throw the ball to BMarsh to seal the game.

Officials called a very one way game. Tons of holding against our DL and no calls that I can recall. Gaffney was interfered with, Scheff was interfered with, Orton hit in the head... no calls. Yet there was a key PI penatly against us toward the end of the game (which was PI). There was a roughing the passer call for a weak head touch on Doom. Just a poorly officiated game and very one sided.

And despite all of this, we should have won the game. It's incredible that we can piss games away this late in the year with the playoffs on the line. These Broncos do not deserve the playoffs, not when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny and you can't get the job done vs a team with 4 wins... AT HOME!

Isn't that why Shanny was fired? Seems to me that we should EXPECT to win these games since Shanny was fired b/c he didn't. McD shiat his pants and looked like a confused school girl. The blame should start with him!

Oh and last but not least, Almost 250 yards rushing given up. NO WAY CAN YOU DO THAT AT HOME WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE. And the worst thing is, They had their 3rd string QB in there and we were playing the pass first. Sad!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

I agree, also McD's refusal to use Hillis on short yardage is killing this team. Very, very disappointing.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

The team has a way of playing good games against good opponents when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully they can come out and pull it off at Philly next week. Harris being out is really hurting, along with the interior problems which have been an issue for awhile now. Hopefully we can turn it around and pull off the upset to make up for letting this one slip away.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The team has a way of playing good games against good opponents when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully they can come out and pull it off at Philly next week. Harris being out is really hurting, along with the interior problems which have been an issue for awhile now. Hopefully we can turn it around and pull off the upset to make up for letting this one slip away.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we knock of the Eagles and then go home and find a way to lose to KC with the playoffs on the line.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
fido
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
I agree, also McD's refusal to use Hillis on short yardage is killing this team. Very, very disappointing.
That is something that is puzzling indeed.
fido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

This team wasn't supposed to be even close to a WC position and yet they are. If they make it I think its a move in the right direction and an improvment from the previous year. If they don't, well it was expected.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Denver724
Ring of Famer

We are not very good and do not deserve the playoffs. The thing that pisses me off is that the more games we lose the better pick the Seahawks get. I guess we can look at it another way. The better pick may dissuade McD of making a stupid decision like this in the future.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

looks like Ravens and Steelers will go to playoff's(they deserved it)
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Woodyard should be cut, he is horrible and really helped this team lose today. 4th and 10 and he gives up 11. He promptly gives up another 7 yard completion, then the penalty to stop the clock and give them time to huddle.

Alphonso Smith had a so-so game, but not when it counted. Missed tackle, butter fingers on the INT.

Ayers... lets up when he has a chance to nail the QB or strip the ball.

McD has first and goal and won't throw the ball to BMarsh to seal the game.

Officials called a very one way game. Tons of holding against our DL and no calls that I can recall. Gaffney was interfered with, Scheff was interfered with, Orton hit in the head... no calls. Yet there was a key PI penatly against us toward the end of the game (which was PI). There was a roughing the passer call for a weak head touch on Doom. Just a poorly officiated game and very one sided.

And despite all of this, we should have won the game. It's incredible that we can piss games away this late in the year with the playoffs on the line. These Broncos do not deserve the playoffs, not when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny and you can't get the job done vs a team with 4 wins... AT HOME!

Isn't that why Shanny was fired? Seems to me that we should EXPECT to win these games since Shanny was fired b/c he didn't. McD shiat his pants and looked like a confused school girl. The blame should start with him!

Oh and last but not least, Almost 250 yards rushing given up. NO WAY CAN YOU DO THAT AT HOME WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE. And the worst thing is, They had their 3rd string QB in there and we were playing the pass first. Sad!
Don't worry I don't think they have a chance against Philly they are playing really well
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

As for whether we "deserve" the playoffs, I say that if we make it we do, we miss the cut we don't. That simple. If we followed all the other teams in the 6-7 loss range right now who are also fighting for a spot in the playoffs we might be making similar pronouncements. I promise you there are Jag/Raven/Steeler/Titan/Jets fans who have gone on similar rants after stupid losses this year. This is the range of teams that show flashes of greatness only to follow them with frustrating losses.

In short, the WC contenders are deeply flawed teams that can still hang with anybody. Broncos, Jags, Titans, etc. all in the same boat. If we find a way to win the final two and get in you better believe we deserve that spot. The wildcard doesn't go to a team that has been consistent all year, just one that was good enough to get a shot at making a late season run.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Don't worry..we won't be in the playoff's
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
backup qb
Ring of Famer

3rd and 14- lets dial up the bubble screen.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

What a stupid ****ing thread. No one DESERVES the playoffs. You either earn it, or you ****ing don't.

Jesus H. Christ, people.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

NOT BLITZING RUSSELL ON THE LAST DRIVE WHEN HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES TO BEGIN WITH WAS UNACCEPTABLE.

He just can't process info quickly, which is why you pressure him. yet we just sat back in a stop zone rushing 4, straight up the field every time.

We deserved to lose this game by some of the worst gameplans i've ever seen. We also deserve to miss the playoffs when you can't knock off a 4-9 team at home who is playing 3 BACKUP QB'S!!!!!!!

This game was simply unexcusible in every way. It WREAKS of Arrogance.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
What a stupid ****ing thread. No one DESERVES the playoffs. You either earn it, or you ****ing don't.

Jesus H. Christ, people.
Did you get an invitation to post in this thread? Does it say anywhere on the OP, Hack wannabe police man that can't get laid and loses women to real men, please post here? Just sayin, cuz I don't remember asking your opinion!

And teams DO deserve the playoffs. The New England Patriots last year deserved the playoffs. You deserve the playoffs by winning some of the games that you shouldn't and all of the games that you should.

You don't see the Chargers losing to the Raiders or Chefs.

You don't see the Bengals losing to the Browns.

You don't see the Vikings losing to the Bears.

Teams that are in the playoffs are there b/c they win the games they are supposed to win and win their share of games in which they are evenly matched.

I know for a simple minded person like yourself it's hard to figure out. Maybe you should spend your time writing about your struggles with girlfriends... at least that gives you some purpose!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #16
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
As for whether we "deserve" the playoffs, I say that if we make it we do, we miss the cut we don't. That simple. If we followed all the other teams in the 6-7 loss range right now who are also fighting for a spot in the playoffs we might be making similar pronouncements. I promise you there are Jag/Raven/Steeler/Titan/Jets fans who have gone on similar rants after stupid losses this year. This is the range of teams that show flashes of greatness only to follow them with frustrating losses.

In short, the WC contenders are deeply flawed teams that can still hang with anybody. Broncos, Jags, Titans, etc. all in the same boat. If we find a way to win the final two and get in you better believe we deserve that spot. The wildcard doesn't go to a team that has been consistent all year, just one that was good enough to get a shot at making a late season run.

Teams that win the games they are supposed to win and wins their share of games they aren't are the teams that deserve the playoffs.

If we win against the Raiders and Chefs and lose to the Eagles, at least we are doing something that Shanny proved he couldn't do and got fired for. McD is doing the same thing Shanny did. 2-6 in his last 8. No matter what we're seeing a drop off in the 2nd half of the season which means that we lack talent and teams have caught on to his schemes. Proof is in the pudding bubba and right now that is some shiat flavored puddding that McD is serving up.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #17
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Defense was absolutely terrible today. 1 f-ing sack? Dumervil was invisible. No one could tackle for ****.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I don't want to watch a team that can't win in the playoffs. I hate loosing to the Raiders.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

I've said it repeatedly on the forums.

Three games left.

We win Oak/KC and we're in because I can't see us beating the Eagles at their place (even with Dawkins and Buck's inside knowledge).

We lost to the turd Raiders on a game winning drive by Oakland... yeah the D was pathetic vs the run... but 5 red zone trips... 1 TD... against the Raiders... at home.

We DO NOT deserve a playoff spot.

Frankly I'm already getting into offseason mode... winding down so I don't get all upset later on.

Probably won't be on much until something major happens in the offseason ie. contract signing or retarded trade.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

We won't be in the playoff's(Just like last year).
Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #21
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Teams that win the games they are supposed to win and wins their share of games they aren't are the teams that deserve the playoffs.

If we win against the Raiders and Chefs and lose to the Eagles, at least we are doing something that Shanny proved he couldn't do and got fired for. McD is doing the same thing Shanny did. 2-6 in his last 8. No matter what we're seeing a drop off in the 2nd half of the season which means that we lack talent and teams have caught on to his schemes. Proof is in the pudding bubba and right now that is some shiat flavored puddding that McD is serving up.
Not sure what you're arguing here. It sounds like you say you would have been satisfied if we made the playoffs by beating the Raiders and Chiefs and lost to the Eagles. But you don't think we "deserve" the playoffs if we beat the Eagles and Chiefs and lose to the Raiders?

I'm as unimpressed by what I saw today as anyone, and I'm not exactly optimistic that we will win the last two game. But, if the Broncos do surprise me and finish with two wins I'm not going to complain--they will have done what was needed to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That doesn't mean excusing their flaws or ignoring the need for some big changes in the offseason. It just means acknowledging that two more wins makes this team, flaws and all, one of the top 6 in their conference.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #22
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
have to agree here. It was like they set themselves up for the QB sneak to work (by never calling it) and now it worked one time last week. But now they think that it should be the bread and butter call. Really?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #23
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Not sure what you're arguing here. It sounds like you say you would have been satisfied if we made the playoffs by beating the Raiders and Chiefs and lost to the Eagles. But you don't think we "deserve" the playoffs if we beat the Eagles and Chiefs and lose to the Raiders?

I'm as unimpressed by what I saw today as anyone, and I'm not exactly optimistic that we will win the last two game. But, if the Broncos do surprise me and finish with two wins I'm not going to complain--they will have done what was needed to earn a spot in the playoffs.

That doesn't mean excusing their flaws or ignoring the need for some big changes in the offseason. It just means acknowledging that two more wins makes this team, flaws and all, one of the top 6 in their conference.

The chance of us beating the Iggles is slim. However, they don't have a running game to speak of so maybe we have a chance. 250 yards against the Faid... UNACCEPTABLE! And I agree that the OL needs some beef up the middle, but we don't have it this year. If he is trying to make a point that we need help in the middle of the OL, COACH McD, WE RECEIVED THE MESSAGE A LONG TIME AGO! So, for the time being, please do something different until you get the big uglies you need in the middle of the OL.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I've said it repeatedly on the forums.

Three games left.

We win Oak/KC and we're in because I can't see us beating the Eagles at their place (even with Dawkins and Buck's inside knowledge).

We lost to the turd Raiders on a game winning drive by Oakland... yeah the D was pathetic vs the run... but 5 red zone trips... 1 TD... against the Raiders... at home.

We DO NOT deserve a playoff spot.

Frankly I'm already getting into offseason mode... winding down so I don't get all upset later on.

Probably won't be on much until something major happens in the offseason ie. contract signing or retarded trade.
I just don't get this logic. Obviously right now, sitting here at 8-6, we don't deserve a spot in the playoffs. 8 wins is not enough. Only a few teams have already locked up a playoff spot. Do the mediocre Jets, Titans, Jags, or Ravens deserve a spot? No, because they don't have enough wins either. In the last couple weeks some teams are going to earn it while others will not.

Not saying you should be optimistic about the chances or happy about the situation we're in. I guarantee, though, that if this team somehow finishes with an impressive win against Philly and beats the Chiefs nobody will be saying we crying that we don't "deserve" that WC spot.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #25
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

hell yea
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote