The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Jay Cutler's future...
Kid needs coaching but doesn't know he needs it / he looks sick health wise, out of league in 5yrs. 21 17.36%
He is still learning and has all new everything, two years and watch out, franchise QB. 10 8.26%
He has tons of skill but no "IT", mediocre career. 63 52.07%
We're in a playoff run, what the hell are you talkin about Cutler for? 27 22.31%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default The Future of Jay Cutler....

What's your current take of Cutler's future? Poll coming.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Planeteers GO!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

It's going to be hard for him to adjust mentally and play the game with a mentality is not a sprint but a marathon.To try to score on every possession is fine, to force himself to score on every possession is another different story...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i truthfully think he is out of football in the next 4 years. not because of health reasons, but simply because teams will get sick of waiting on the potential to finally show up and turn him into a great QB.

the Bears basically mortgaged the next 3 years(at least) to get him only for him to perform worse than any QB they have had in recent history that they felt wasn't good enough. it can't be said that there aren't already people in the Bears organization who regret the move big time.

his attitude pisses people off. teammates, coaches, and fans.

players will give more for a guy they trust and know will give everything he has even if he has far less athletic ability, than they will for an athletically gifted freak with a selfish, crybaby attitude.

the Bears are going to learn the hard way that athletic ability does not guarantee on field excellence. we were lucky to get out from the impending train wreck when we did.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Doesn't have that IT factor and has digressed every season.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

There is no greater burden than to have (undeveloped) potential.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
orange 4 life
Old School Orange

Home team qb homer

We need to sign Orton long term and watch this trade continue to become more and more one sided.
As it is many (myself among them) think Orton for crybaby STRAIGHT UP would've been a good trade for us, but throw in the picks (and the difference in salary between the two) and it's REALLY one sided.

Go Orton and Go BRONCOS!!!
orange 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

He will be a bear for 3 or 4 more years then do the backup Kyle Boller deal for several years after. He will be known as Jeff George was his closest comparison.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I say the jury is still out. Remember, every QB needs a system and requires talent is key areas to be successful. I'm interested to see how Jay performs when he has an offensive coord. and QB coach that develops a system that allows Cutler to be successful, a consistent rushing attack and have the caliber of WR's that Manning, Brady, Breeze, Romo, and Orton currently have to throw to. Also, the Bears will need to improve the blocking and pass protection of their OL. And of course Cutler will benefit from playing alongside a better Defense.

Jay on the other hand in the off-season will need to work on not starring down his receivers, learn to not force the ball, stop throwing off his back foot or throw it way and just make better reads. And Cutlers receivers need to be on the same page with him as well.

Next season Cutler will show progress if he's only throwing 1 or 2 interceptions every other game. He can ill afford to have 4 or 3 interceptions in any given game next year.

If Cutler is still throwing 20 plus interceptions next season then (Then the Bears have a Problem").....then yes I must admit he doesn't have that IT factor, and won't be a Franchise QB in the NFL.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #10
Bronco Yoda

A very rich Jeff George. That's all he was after so it all good in Cutlers world.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #11
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He will be one of the premier Qbs inthe league. Also one of the premier Douches in the league too.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I believe Jay's future involves being a sales rep for a major douchebag manufacturer.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Bronco Yoda

Cutler sucks
Old 12-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Doesn't have that IT factor and has digressed every season.
A cross between Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

He will eventually have a Brett Favre like career. Maybe not as long, his team will always be one you have to account for.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i truthfully think he is out of football in the next 4 years. not because of health reasons, but simply because teams will get sick of waiting on the potential to finally show up and turn him into a great QB.

the Bears basically mortgaged the next 3 years(at least) to get him only for him to perform worse than any QB they have had in recent history that they felt wasn't good enough. it can't be said that there aren't already people in the Bears organization who regret the move big time.

his attitude pisses people off. teammates, coaches, and fans.

players will give more for a guy they trust and know will give everything he has even if he has far less athletic ability, than they will for an athletically gifted freak with a selfish, crybaby attitude.

the Bears are going to learn the hard way that athletic ability does not guarantee on field excellence. we were lucky to get out from the impending train wreck when we did.
If the bears want to fix the problem then you have to change what your doing and start rebuilding the offense. Folks are fooling themselves if they don't think major changes are coming. When Bowlen fired Shanny and hired McD changes were made in terms of offensive strategy and of course with the new DEF. Coord and switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. And Denver is better for it.

I wouldn't discount the rumors that the bears are guaging interest in a few coaches already. Everyone said there was no way the bears would get cutler and they did. The Bears will need to replace Turner and Lovee to turn things around. You have to blow up both sides of the ball and get new blood on both sides.

No more special teamers no more guys you think you can coach up. You have to start getting it right on both sides. This front office will make the changes and will attempt to hire a premier coach for next season to get the team headed in the right direction. There is no way this organization is going to want to risk a back to back season like this.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
Bronco Yoda

Between the Childress's contract extension and Lovie sticking around, Cutler has them right where he wants them...lol
Old 12-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

his future has Oakland Raider QB written all over it.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #19
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
A cross between Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.
So, Jeff Leaf is a good nickname.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #20
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
[b]I say the jury is still out. Remember, every QB needs a system and requires talent is key areas to be successful. I'm interested to see how Jay performs when he has an offensive coord. and QB coach that develops a system that allows Cutler to be successful, a consistent rushing attack and have the caliber of WR's that Manning, Brady, Breeze, Romo, and Orton currently have to throw to. Also, the Bears will need to improve the blocking and pass protection of their OL. And of course Cutler will benefit from playing alongside a better Defense.
Except for the defense, Cutler had all those things you mentioned above here in Denver with Shanahan. Cutler only gets better if he loses the ego and accepts tough, critical coaching. Somethuings he would have gotten here with Coach JMFMcD.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Except for the defense, Cutler had all those things you mentioned above here in Denver with Shanahan. Cutler only gets better if he loses the ego and accepts tough, critical coaching. Somethuings he would have gotten here with Coach JMFMcD.
Points well taken. However, I'm still interested to see what Cutler can do with a RB that can rush for 1300-1600 yards. He never had that in Denver.

And to be honest with you I'm not completely sold that Bowlen and McD wanted Cutler to be a Bronco long term in the first place.

Things were happening behind the scenes btwn Bowlen-McD Cassel trade attempt or why would Bowlen have blessed McD to even entertain the idea in the first place. I can't imagine McD doing all this himself.

The last meeting btwn McD and Cutler after the Cassel trade attempt failed, McD treated Cutler in an antagonizing manner and basically came off with the attitude that he care whether he had Cutler in Dever long term. Cutler surely didn't feel wanted ......... so a trade demand was requested by Cutler and Bus.

Also, you gotta question why once the Cassel trade feel thru why did Bowlen wait over a month to get involve and quell the rumors, hostility and mis trust brewing btwn McD and Cutler.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #22
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

He's no Peyton Hillis.

Just tryin to stay in the spirit of the season.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GeorJe00.htm

Eight more years.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I'd bet he'll make another pro bowl again, someday. Other than that, not much.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #25
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I really couldn't care. We are in a playoff run and that is where my attention is.

being said, Jay Cutler needs coaching. If Shanahan could land in Chicago, I think Jay Cutler will look impressive again.

Has any Lovie Smith QB's looked good? He has a horrible offense, no matter which players you put in it, it's just awful.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote