The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default Chris Henry Dies

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/21987045/detail.html

Shame.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

WLWT - NBC reports

CINCINNATI -- Bengals Wide Receiver Chris Henry died Thursday after a domestic dispute in North Carolina.

Police said Henry and his fiancée, Loleini Tonga, who lives in the area, had been arguing in the 800 block of Peachtree Road when Tonga tried to drive away in a pickup.

Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup and the couple continued arguing as Tonga drove, police said.

· Live Blog
· Scene Video of Accident
· Read: Police Report

Police said Henry fell out of the pickup at some point and landed in the roadway, causing life-threatening injuries.

Charlotte police announced that Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday.

No charges have been filed, but homicide detectives were investigating the crash.

Read: Police Report

Henry had been placed on injured reserve since Nov. 9 with a dislocated forearm, ending his season.

The fifth-year player was cut from the Bengals in March 2008 after a string of arrests and other legal trouble, but the team re-signed him in August 2008.

The former third-round pick from West Virginia has caught 119 passes, including 21 touchdowns, for 1,826 yards during his career.

Henry had not been in any legal trouble since returning to the Bengals before the 2008 season.
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Tragic ... rip.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

RIP very sad story
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

r.i.p.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Unreal. Goes to show just how fragile life can be. What an up and down life he lived. He was just starting to get his stuff together, too. RIP.

This may be a bit insensitive to say at this time, but I wonder how the team will respond this Sunday at the Chargers. I mean, they played their tails off when their D-coord lost his wife. I hope they play the game of their lives for many reasons!

What a season for the Bengals....
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Sad.

Just a sad way to die. Letting his emotions control him (once again) and doing something stupid/crazy as jumping on the back of the truck.

I hope Marshall looks at Henry and decides that he won't follow the same path. We all get upset with or girl/boy-friend, but gotta keep a cool head and not let the drama get to you.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Very sad. R.I.P.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Wow.

As a human, I feel for his family. As a football fan, I wonder how the Bengals will respond to this.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

alot of talent, not a whole lot of sense. Sad to hear
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Youth, fame and money can get you in trouble.
Aside from that, this is a tragic story
R.I.P
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
BarefootKicker
Rant in E-Minor

The NFL lost one of its criminals. cue the outpouring of "he was an amazing person, misunderstood, what a tragedy, etc" reality is, he was a F&ck up. And now he's dead.
BarefootKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #13
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootKicker View Post
The NFL lost one of its criminals. cue the outpouring of "he was an amazing person, misunderstood, what a tragedy, etc" reality is, he was a F&ck up. And now he's dead.
You are ignorant and classless. Thanks for your input.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I wonder if his girlfriend is gonna be charged with reckless endangerment or something like that.

I don't know what she was doing but she should have slowed way down, or stopped the truck, or something. From what little I know, it sounds like she "probably" drove too aggressively and consequently Henry was tossed out the back. Complete speculation on my part.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #15
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I definitely feel for his children.

Chris Henry's way of life was only going to end one way sadly and it has come to pass.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #16
JJG
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My prayers go out to his kids and the rest of his family. I can't imagine what his fiancee is going through right now...
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Short, sad life.

RIP
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
My prayers go out to his kids and the rest of his family. I can't imagine what his fiancee is going through right now...
Driving classes maybe?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
he was also only 26 and probably had the mentality of someone who was 18 due to the way you are thrust into the spotlight, given money, fame and women....

when i was 18 i was doing all sorts of dumb stuff that could have easily gotten me killed....and if somebody one a message board that didnt know me made light of it, I'd be sure to spend my afterlife ****ing up his life
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
You must be left-handed.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Thoughts go out to his family, especially his kids this time of year, and theBengals organanization. Not their first tragedy this year.

R.I.P.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
he was also only 26 and probably had the mentality of someone who was 18 due to the way you are thrust into the spotlight, given money, fame and women....

when i was 18 i was doing all sorts of dumb stuff that could have easily gotten me killed....and if somebody one a message board that didnt know me made light of it, I'd be sure to spend my afterlife ****ing up his life
He got into trouble in college before he had money.

Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

RIP, Sad to hear this
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #24
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
is it necessary?..just think about his family who are dependent on him.
As a human, you should be ashamed..

R.I.P

Last edited by go_broncos; 12-17-2009 at 02:09 PM..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
He got into trouble in college before he had money.

Since his college days at West Virginia University, Henry has had a checkered off-field reputation. During his sophomore season, he was ejected from a game at Rutgers University due to multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and was suspended for the season finale against the University of Pittsburgh. His former Mountaineers coach, Rich Rodriguez, stated that he was "an embarrassment to himself and the program" for his conduct.[16]

On December 15, 2005, Henry was pulled over in northern Kentucky for speeding. During a search, marijuana was found in his shoes. He was also driving without a valid driver's license or valid insurance.[17] He pleaded guilty and avoided a jail sentence.

One month later, on January 30, 2006 he was arrested in Orlando, Florida for multiple gun charges including concealment and aggravated assault with a firearm.[18] He was reported to have been wearing his #15 Bengals jersey at the time of his arrest. He pleaded guilty to this charge and avoided jail time.

On April 29, Henry allowed three underage females to consume alcohol at a hotel in Covington, Kentucky.[19] One of the three, an 18-year-old woman, accused Henry of sexually assaulting her; she later retracted her story and was charged with filing a false police report.[20] On January 25, 2007, Henry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance commonly referred to as a "keg law." He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, with all but two of those days being suspended.[19]

He was pulled over on Interstate 275 in Ohio on June 3 at 1:18 A.M. by Ohio Highway Patrol trooper Michael Shimko for surmised drunk driving. He voluntarily submitted to a breathalyzer test at 2:06 A.M. at the Milford Police Department and registered a .092 blood-alcohol level, .012 above the level permitted in the state of Ohio.[21]
hey, don't take me wrong, the guy had a past that was none-too-good...

however, I've been in my share of trouble too (no guns or anything) and normally it takes that one incident to turn the lights on. It seemed like the absence of football was that incident for Henry

but then this
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote