The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default The offense just needs to get "retuned"

Marshall and gafney seem to be working fin in this offense.......

However, scheffler, Royal, and Stokley seems to be absent week in and week out.

Other than his kick returns........Royal's lack of integration into the offense is killing us. I dont know if its him or the coaching........but whatever happened to him being the "wes welker" of the offense?
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

maybe it's just me but blaming a guy for not making plays when nobody is throwing him the ball is a little odd

I blame the plays being called personally, it would be like blaming Hillis for doing nothing this year...he isn't getting the chances
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Orton didn't even have time to go through his progressions yesterday. He had guys around him in about three seconds. I think as Orton gets more acclimated to this offense he will spread it around more, but we need to get the line playing a bit better.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #4
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Scheffler is never utilized properly in the passing game.
It will benefit our team if we involve him.

I am not pleased with Mcd's playcalling. We could have won more games if he was little bit more creative on offense.
Same stuff he does repeatedly on 3rd and 4th downs.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I swear Sheffler is the biggest p***Y i've seen play the game. Anyone ever notice how he won't take a hit, won't lower his shoulder, slides instead of getting tackled, etc....

The play he got hurt on was his own p***Y fault - he goes low and rolls over into the guys leg - for Christ sake he's a big ****ing man and yet he curls up like a p***Y.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

[QUOTE=go_broncos;2676174]Scheffler is never utilized properly in the passing game.
It will benefit our team if we involve him.

I am not pleased with Mcd's playcalling. We could have won more games if he was little bit more creative on offense.
Same stuff he does repeatedly on 3rd and 4th downs.[/QUO

And which games would these be, pray tell? Other than Washington and Indy, our losses werent all that close. Ill agree with you his playcalling wasnt up to par against indy, but that certainly was not the problem in the washington game. So please tell me all these games we could have won with better playcalling.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Orton didn't even have time to go through his progressions yesterday. He had guys around him in about three seconds. I think as Orton gets more acclimated to this offense he will spread it around more, but we need to get the line playing a bit better.
3 Seconds is more than enough time for a professional QB to get through his reads. Stop making excuses for mediocre QB play and questionable playcalling
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
3 Seconds is more than enough time for a professional QB to get through his reads. Stop making excuses for mediocre QB play and questionable playcalling
have you even watched orton play this year? hes playing great. the running game is disappearing at the worst times possible and thats cost us.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
You don't even watch the games, do you? Orton had guys draped all over him and most of his throws were accurate and on time. He had no time to get through his progressions and we had to leave the TE's to chip block all game because we were getting owned at the LOS.

You're just bitter you were wrong about Jay Intler and are going to hate on Orton to compensate.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #11
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

A bigger, stronger and talanted Guard & Center combo and Denver wins games like yesterday. Clady has been play like crap the last few weeks not sure what it is injury?

Also need someone else (Gaffney) to start opposite of Marshall and take pressure off. Royal just isn't getting it.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You don't even watch the games, do you? Orton had guys draped all over him and most of his throws were accurate and on time. He had no time to get through his progressions and we had to leave the TE's to chip block all game because we were getting owned at the LOS.

You're just bitter you were wrong about Jay Intler and are going to hate on Orton to compensate.
This message is hidden because colonelbeef is on your ignore list.

Trust me bro...you'll be much happier you did.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

Orton is playing better than I could of hoped. Brandon was outside of his mind yesterday. When a guy is in that kind of zone, keep feeding him. The Center/L Guard is a glaring weakness that needs to be addressed in the off season. Clady is fine, he is adjusting to a new style of blocking.

Another thing. Why didn't we just go into Jumbo sets on the short yardage? Larsen getting hurt didn't help the running game.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
A bigger, stronger and talanted Guard & Center combo and Denver wins games like yesterday. Clady has been play like crap the last few weeks not sure what it is injury?

Also need someone else (Gaffney) to start opposite of Marshall and take pressure off. Royal just isn't getting it.
So Royal has regressed you don't think this has anything to do with Orton looking his way?
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #15
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

They aren't playing that many 3 wr sets, and from what i've noticed Royal isn't lining up in "welkers' spot. He isn't really given the opportunity to work inside like Welker. I would like to see him get some matchups that could let him use his quickness, but for whatever reason he hasn't been given the chance.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
I've noticed this as well. Hopefully it's just a minor thing.