The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default Official Denver Broncos @ Indianapolis Colts Game Thread 12.13.09

Denver Broncos (8-4) 2nd AFC West

VS.

Indianapolis Colts (12-0) 1st AFC South

Game Time: 11:00 AM MST
Forecast at Kickoff:Indoor Stadium
TV Broadcast: CBS|Dick Enberg, Dan Fouts
Radio broadcast: 850 KOA

ESPN NFL Scoreboard
NFL Scores
ESPN NFL Scoreboard

CBS Sportsline NFL Scoreboard
Broncos Team Home Page
Fox Sports Game Trax

NFL.com Game Center
Broncos Roster Depth Chart

Orange Mane
BroncoTalk
Mile High Report
Denver Post
DenverBroncos.com Top Stories
CBS 4 Denver
ABC 7 Denver
Fox 11/31 Denver
NBC 9 Denver

QUICKLY:

* Denver has won its last two games, including a 44-13 win at Kansas City last week, and has not trailed in either of those contests to mark the first time the club has accomplished that feat in three seasons.
* This week’s game features the most combined wins (20) by two rookie head coaches in NFL history with Head Coach Josh McDaniels guiding Denver to eight victories and Jim Caldwell leading Indianapolis to 12 wins.

OFFENSE:

* The Broncos have averaged 191.5 rushing yards per game in the last two weeks for the second-best mark in the league during that time. Last week against the Chiefs, Denver totaled its best rushing output in a game in four years (245 yds.) while posting only one negative rush on 45 attempts.
* Rookie RB Knowshon Moreno, who leads NFL rookies in rushing yards (774) and yards from scrimmage (870), owns six 80-yard rushing games this year that tie for the 10th most in the NFL since 1960 by a rookie through his team’s first 12 contests.
* QB Kyle Orton, who attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., is 11-4 (.733) in his last 15 starts dating back to last year.

DEFENSE:

* OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil leads the NFL with 15 sacks and is one sack away from tying Denver’s single-season sack record (16, Simon Fletcher, 1992). His league-leading 10 sacks on third downs tie for the second most in NFL history for a season since sacks were tracked starting in 1982.
* Led by long-time NFL defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, the Broncos are the only team to rank among the league’s top five clubs defensively in yards per play (2nd, 4.6), passing yards per game (2nd, 180.3), yards per game (3rd, 288.9), points per game (3rd, 16.8) and sacks (5th, 34).

SPECIAL TEAMS:

* ILB/FB Spencer Larsen registered four solo tackles on special teams last week against Kansas City. His 10 special-teams stops since making his season debut six weeks ago rank second in the NFL.
* K Matt Prater has made his last 11 field goal attempts and has accounted for an NFL-high 28 points during the last two weeks.

Denver Broncos

David Bruton S Thigh Questionable

Josh Barrett RB Shoulder Probable

Brian Dawkins S Ankle Probable

Kyle Orton QB Ankle Probable

Indianapolis Colts

Donald Brown RB Chest Out

Aaron Francisco CB Ankle Out

A. Gonzalez WR Knee Out

Adam Vinatieri K Knee Out

Ryan Diem T Hamstring Questionable

Keyunta Dawson DE Knee Questionable

Charlie Johnson T Foot Questionable

Robert Mathis DE Quadricep Questionable

Daniel Muir DT Hamstring Questionable

Clint Session LB Calf Questionable

Tony Ugoh T Hip Questionable

Hank Baskett WR No Injury Probable

Gary Brackett LB Foot Probable

Melvin Bullitt CB Shoulder Probable

Kyle DeVan C Shin Probable

Kelvin Hayden CB Knee Probable

Tim Jennings CB Ankle Probable

Peyton Manning QB Glute Probable

Jamey Richard G Shoulder Probable

Tom Santi TE Hand Probable

Reggie Wayne WR Foot Probable

All injuries as of 12/13/09

“All Ready”- Darrent Williams

"When you're playing a 12-0 team, I think you've certainly got to bring it, but Peyton is one of the best there is and one of the best who ever played. I'm not going to sit here and try to outdo him, for sure. We'll have to play smart football, and we'll have to play turnover free and mistake free on offense and try to hold the ball as long as we can and let him sit on the sideline and have fun over there." – Kyle Orton

"The best thing to do is try to be on as tight of coverage as you can. If you do that, as many times as he throws the ball, I think he is going to give you some opportunities, whether or not you capitalize on them." –Ty Law

"We're just going to get lined up and play our call. That's it. We're not going to try to run a bunch of guys in and out of the game. Nobody does against this team. We're not going to try to do it either. You've got to line up and play good football. There's no more simple answer than that. That's what we need to do. That's what we're going to try to do." –Coach McDaniels

"You can't let Manning know what (coverage) you are in. You have to do the best that you can to disguise what you are trying to do. From there, you've got to play football. Once the ball is snapped, you play football, and that is the end result in all the checks and all the things both sides of the ball that we will be doing defensively and offensively. When the ball is snapped, you have to make plays on the ball (and) you have to make tackles. We are in for a 60-minute game." -Brian Dawkins

"You know what they are capable of doing offensively over there. The little things, you need to take care of the ball, not turn it over. We need to stay on the field as long as possible and try and keep them on the sideline."-Brandon Stokely

Last edited by 24champ; 12-13-2009 at 01:35 AM..
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Beating the Colts would do wonders for this team progressing towards the playoffs along with when we get there.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Beating the Colts would do wonders for this team progressing towards the playoffs along with when we get there.
Would do a lot of things, could give us a chance to get the Division back with Chargers playing Dallas.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I like our horse much more then whatever the **** that thing is they are producing
BroncoDoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #6
yhova
Seasoned Veteran

Must have pass rush or it's going to be a long day. Indy doesn't run the ball well at all, so that doesn't concern me. Obviously if you give Manning 10 seconds to throw the ball every down you are going to get thrashed. Champ needs to lock down Reggie Wayne, bottom line.
yhova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #7
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
I like our horse much more then whatever the **** that thing is they are producing
ours reminds me of a fetus while theirs, my little pony. with that, I still like ours 10x better.
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Lets go Broncos!!!
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Go BRONCOS! give em hell all day!!! Why does their horse have a butch dike haircut??
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

The entire world already has the Broncos chances of victory at slim to none, so....

"For the glory of Colorado, form your Brigade!!"

Go Broncos!!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #11
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Oh no! Not Dick Enberg and Dan Fouts again! I'm getting real sick of those 2!
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #12
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

This is the first time in forever that we are going to play them and I'm excited about it. I don't expect to win or even will be upset if we don't, but I feel good about facing this team for once. In the past I always felt like we were going to get destroyed and had this sad helpless feeling going to Indy. For once I feel good about this game.

GO BRONCOS! WE ARE THE TRUE HORSE MASTERS!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is the first time in forever that we are going to play them and I'm excited about it. I don't expect to win or even will be upset if we don't, but I feel good about facing this team for once. In the past I always felt like we were going to get destroyed and had this sad helpless feeling going to Indy. For once I feel good about this game.

We have 2 things that are required to beat Colts. Pretty good pass rush, pretty good secondary. Let's face it the colts plan is never to run it down your throat.

I do think though to win we need a couple really big plays on offense to go along with some nice drives.

I doubt we can play toe to toe with them. We need some sort of big break or play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #14
Meck77

I think Manning will struggle with our D. Moreno haters will have to eat crow. Broncos win!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #15
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I am with you Meck. Broncos can and will win today! Go Broncos!
crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #16
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The colts are due to lay an egg lets hopes it's today!!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

A win over the Colts would really shake up the talking heads. They hated us, then they loved us, then they said nope we were right before they stink, then we win a couple and they just sort of talk about us really quick at the end of the show etc.

If we go to Indy and give them first loss it puts Broncos right back in the hunt for the AFC West. But the pundits have already declared the streaking Chargers that crown. They would hate to be wrong again wouldn't they.

But if Broncos lose and Chargers win then its over. The time is right now for the Broncos to either start a late season push, or be just another decent team who may get a wildcard.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Coyer is very unrated as DC, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with something that will confuse Orton today.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Big game for the Broncos and I believe we can win this one. Go Broncos!
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We win this game on the ground and the secondary on Defense. The Colts have their whole Defense banged up! look how many of their Injury Report guys are DL and 'Backers! Give them a triple shot of Moreno, BuckHalter, and Hillis!! Orton shuldn't have to throw a pass in the first half....lol!

When Manning gets blitzed he always goes deep! Our secondary needs to play tight with Hill or a nickel over the top and Manning will give it up or throw it away! I say we get 2+ picks, and 4 sacks! Nolan will blitz his mommy rom the stands to confuse Bobble-head P!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Ya me too. I don't have that feeling we are going to get humiliated by Manning at all in fact I expect to win this game

I didn't feel all that confident against Baltimore and I even had an uneasy feeling playing Washington, although I did think we would beat Pittsburgh at home.

What I do know for sure is I am looking forward to this game more than any other all season because I think it will give us all a good gauge as to where this team is at compared to the rest of the league.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #22
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Peyton Manning has a big head. That is all.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

I have done all I can to create mojo for the Broncos!

Wearing my lucky shoes ....CHECK
Wearing the ELWAY jersey ....CHECK
I aligned the 98 SB football to the Indy stadiums field alignment
(30 degrees east of true N-S) so the broncos go N-S on the field....CHECK.
DVR and timers set ..... CHECK

I'll be on an airplane to Atlanta for the second half, so I've done on line check -in so I can watch the 1st qtr, before leaving.

Wish I could see the whole thing live, but I'll have to settle for finding a Bronco win transpired when I get to Atlanta.

GO BRONCOS!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote