The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default bellichecks house of cards falling over???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-from-adalius/
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...could-use-you/

i think hes getting too confident in his coaching and too authoritative now it seems...wonder if it continues
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I think this is more Adalius Thomas being Adalius Thomas, this isn't the first time he has had a problem up there.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

It happens to every dynastic type franchise. You cant stay on top forever.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
It happens to every dynastic type franchise. You cant stay on top forever.

i think it might be nearing, they have a lot of young talent however and if they can harness it theyll be good for the future, but you cant keep giving/trading away talent like vrabel and seymour and expecting to be great still.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
i think it might be nearing, they have a lot of young talent however and if they can harness it theyll be good for the future, but you cant keep giving/trading away talent like vrabel and seymour and expecting to be great still.

This I agree with. Beliboobies is a pretty arrogant guy, and he has been fortunate alot of his moves worked out and turned into title-caliber rosters; but he had pretty excellent coaching to go with that roster.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Getting rid of Vrabel was the right thing talentwise, Vrabel is largely over the hill, however they have lost a lot of veteran leadership in that lockerroom and I think that is showing.

Trading Seymour may have been the right move from a salary cap point of view, but I think it was a poor football decision.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #7
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Getting rid of Vrabel was the right thing talentwise, Vrabel is largely over the hill, however they have lost a lot of veteran leadership in that lockerroom and I think that is showing.

Trading Seymour may have been the right move from a salary cap point of view, but I think it was a poor football decision.
not when you have oaklands 1st round pick. NE is quietly in a rebuilding phase defensively
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
but you cant keep giving/trading away talent like vrabel and seymour and expecting to be great still.
You can if you draft well. The Patriots have 4 picks in the top 60 this next years deep draft...plus two #1s the following year.

Hardly 'giving away talent'.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
You can if you draft well. The Patriots have 4 picks in the top 60 this next years deep draft...plus two #1s the following year.

Hardly 'giving away talent'.

Its giving away proven talent that has produced for you in return for the right to select a player who MIGHT produce for you. I dont think the Pats are going to sign 4 of the top 60 picks in this year's draft if they were concerned about paying a 3-4 DE who made plays for them.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

what happened to the Patsies? McDaniels left......

Bwaha ha ha. Seriously though, the guy probably managed the egos in that locker room so Bill could concentrate on his newest cheating methods.....sorry, had to get that in
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
broncofan
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
not when you have oaklands 1st round pick. NE is quietly in a rebuilding phase defensively
True.

They deal Seymour and get a 1st rounder (I'll go out on a limb and call it a top 5 overall pick). Previously having dealt Vrabel and Cassel (who is garbage) for a 2nd rounder (top 5 in the second round), while losing Harrison and Bruschi as well...all the while staying competitive at an elite level. With the rate of roster turnover these days, moves like that need to be done to shuffle salaries and stay under that cap...naturally, most teams dip down into the 4 to 7 win realm with that kind of star turnover on one side of the ball. Not these guys.

I agree 100% with sirhcyennek81 that draft picks are overvalued for the most part, but at some point you have to part ways with players and develop younger talent, even if you are taking a chance.
broncofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Bronco View Post
They need to replace an awful lot of players though, they need a DE, ILB, OLB, OT and they are weak at RB, they should probably start looking into what happens after Moss as well.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
True.

They deal Seymour and get a 1st rounder (I'll go out on a limb and call it a top 5 overall pick). Previously having dealt Vrabel and Cassel (who is garbage) for a 2nd rounder (top 5 in the second round), while losing Harrison and Bruschi as well...all the while staying competitive at an elite level. With the rate of roster turnover these days, moves like that need to be done to shuffle salaries and stay under that cap...naturally, most teams dip down into the 4 to 7 win realm with that kind of star turnover on one side of the ball. Not these guys.
7-5 is not an elite level. They could still end up 7-9. The probably won't, but they probably won't be 11-5 either. 11-5 isn't elite even if they pull it off.

Patriots=Not Elite Anymore
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
7-5 is not an elite level. They could still end up 7-9. The probably won't, but they probably won't be 11-5 either. 11-5 isn't elite even if they pull it off.

Patriots=Not Elite Anymore

NE is 1-5 on the road...they wont win the top 2 seeds, they will have to go to either Indi, Cinci, SD or Denver (if they overtake SD...) if they get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #15
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

When I saw the Pats get manhandled by the Saints a few weeks back, I was definitely thinking that was the death knell of the Pats dynasty. Losing to the Giants in the SB was the first wound, and the Saints gave the death blow. I think they are done. Doesnt mean they wont have winning season or even put together a playoff win or two, but they are done.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If the Pats want to move Adalius Thomas in the off-season I hope its to us. Nolan has coached him and he would be a upgrade at OLB.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If the Pats want to move Adalius Thomas in the off-season I hope its to us. Nolan has coached him and he would be a upgrade at OLB.
over who?

haggan is playing great football, elvis is elite and ayers is still growing...
Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
over who?

haggan is playing great football, elvis is elite and ayers is still growing...
Yeah, I agree. I think the Broncos will be looking more at the 3 down linemen on defense rather then any of the 4 LB spots. They might draft an inside LB but Haggen and Davis are doing fine and I still think Larsen could pan out. Still, I would probably use a 5th rounder on ILB this year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yeah, I agree. I think the Broncos will be looking more at the 3 down linemen on defense rather then any of the 4 LB spots. They might draft an inside LB but Haggen and Davis are doing fine and I still think Larsen could pan out. Still, I would probably use a 5th rounder on ILB this year.
yep, our LB are set for the next year or two minimum, a dominant DL would be good, our secondary is also playing good, hill champ and goodman arent that old either.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #20
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
yep, our LB are set for the next year or two minimum, a dominant DL would be good, our secondary is also playing good, hill champ and goodman arent that old either.
Who do you want to replace on the line?
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Who do you want to replace on the line?

Fields. More size in the middle would be a benefit. But Fields is a player, and would give us a more than decent rotation if Denver goes NT in the draft early.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Fields. More size in the middle would be a benefit. But Fields is a player, and would give us a more than decent rotation if Denver goes NT in the draft early.

He is the best Dlineman we have right now.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
True.

I agree 100% with sirhcyennek81 that draft picks are overvalued for the most part, but at some point you have to part ways with players and develop younger talent, even if you are taking a chance.
Isn't there a chance that next year will be uncapped?

Why send a big time DE, which are hard to come by, for a 1st round pick who you have to pay a lot of $ for anyway but you won't know what said 1st round pick can actually do?

In the past Belly has made personel moves that didn't bite him in the ass, laws of average are catching up IMO.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
He is the best Dlineman we have right now.

All three (McBean, Fields and Peterson) have played beyond the garbage moniker given to them by ESPN, our run defense suffered with McBean out and fields and Peterson make plays. Should be interesting to see what we do in this year's draft to find some guys who can rotate with these three.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #25
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
All three (McBean, Fields and Peterson) have played beyond the garbage moniker given to them by ESPN, our run defense suffered with McBean out and fields and Peterson make plays. Should be interesting to see what we do in this year's draft to find some guys who can rotate with these three.

Yep, what we need is a backup NT.