The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default My 4th Quarter Fears

Ok.....I can't help but running through playoff scenarios, so follow me here....we may HAVE to go 11-5 and beat Indy or Philly to make the playoffs...

1. If Indy beats us this weekend, they clinch homefield....even if they lose their final 3 games, and even if Cincy or SD win out and move into a tie with them at 13-3....Indy holds the tiebreaks over both of them.

2. This means that AFTER this week, Indy may start resting players....so that bodes well for Jacksonville, who plays Indy the following week.

3. So, if Jax beats Miami this week, Indy next week (cause Indy could be subbing) and Cleveland in week 17....they finish 10-6.....they would hold a 10-6 tiebreak over us.

4. I can easily see Pitt OR Baltimore winning out and go to 10-6, and they also would hold a 10-6 tiebreak over us.....Baltimore has Detroit (W), Chicago (W), @ Pitt (say W), and @ Oakland (W).....very doable. Or Pittsburgh....@ Cleveland (W), Green Bay (W), Baltimore (say W), and @Miami (W)......

It seems more likely that Baltimore could win out that Pitt.....and if Jax goes 3-1....largely due to the help of Indy subbing.....we would HAVE to go 3-1 to make the playoffs....and that means we would HAVE to beat either Indy or Philly on the road......

So....I can only hope that Indy goes for the unbeaten record, and plays to beat Jax.....

And yeah, yeah.....a lot can happen....but I was feeling that we'd make the playoffs for sure with a 10-6 record....but now really looking at the schedules....I'm not so confident.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

We will beat the Colts this weekend. No biggie
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

we take care of our business the rest will fall into place
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Its funny that people here are so concerned with our 8-4 broncos losing both to indy and philly, yet are very generous to assume that Baltimore and Pitt will have no trouble winning their games.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Its been too long since I cared about football past the first week of January...I really want Denver to go, because I think they can make a run at it; but I dont want to repeat the boasting I did last season about making playoff predictions like I did last season. So, my focus as a fan is this week, on the Colts.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I think the Colts may actually sit guys this week if they're going to. Our defense is way more likely to injure them than Jax, so they might just wait a week on the clinch.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

If we fold we don't deserve to go the playoffs. I think this team has been a victim of it's own earlier success. If we had a bad set of games early and finished with eight wins everyone would be saying what a great job McD has done turning it around. Now people are expecting the playoffs and will be mad if we don't make it, despite all the system and player upheaval.

I think we can make the playoffs and if we don't I'll be disappointed. However if we don't I'll be satisfied knowing that in his first year McDaniels was able to take one of the crappiest units in the league last year and turn it around and get the team to play tough at home. We also showed on a few nationally televised games rather than previous years when we would endure our worst beat downs. And beating the Chargers in San Diego on MNF pretty much gives McD a free pass for the year no matter what happens the rest of the way.

I think we'll make the playoffs, but if we don't I'll be grateful we were even in it after everything that's happened.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
I think the Colts may actually sit guys this week if they're going to. Our defense is way more likely to injure them than Jax, so they might just wait a week on the clinch.
umm no
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ok.....I can't help but running through playoff scenarios, so follow me here....we may HAVE to go 11-5 and beat Indy or Philly to make the playoffs...

1. If Indy beats us this weekend, they clinch homefield....even if they lose their final 3 games, and even if Cincy or SD win out and move into a tie with them at 13-3....Indy holds the tiebreaks over both of them.

2. This means that AFTER this week, Indy may start resting players....so that bodes well for Jacksonville, who plays Indy the following week.

3. So, if Jax beats Miami this week, Indy next week (cause Indy could be subbing) and Cleveland in week 17....they finish 10-6.....they would hold a 10-6 tiebreak over us.

4. I can easily see Pitt OR Baltimore winning out and go to 10-6, and they also would hold a 10-6 tiebreak over us.....Baltimore has Detroit (W), Chicago (W), @ Pitt (say W), and @ Oakland (W).....very doable. Or Pittsburgh....@ Cleveland (W), Green Bay (W), Baltimore (say W), and @Miami (W)......

It seems more likely that Baltimore could win out that Pitt.....and if Jax goes 3-1....largely due to the help of Indy subbing.....we would HAVE to go 3-1 to make the playoffs....and that means we would HAVE to beat either Indy or Philly on the road......

So....I can only hope that Indy goes for the unbeaten record, and plays to beat Jax.....

And yeah, yeah.....a lot can happen....but I was feeling that we'd make the playoffs for sure with a 10-6 record....but now really looking at the schedules....I'm not so confident.
I am counting on Jay Cutler bailing out the Broncos....
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post
I am counting on Jay Cutler bailing out the Broncos....
I don't. The game is in Baltimore....and against that defense, Cutler probably throws 5 picks.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Pitt isn't beating Green Bay, period. In fact, without troy they aren't winning against miami either...they could easily lose three out of four, as that baltimore game could go either way

On Baltimore's schedule... if Ed Reed/suggs arent 100% , stafford (expected to play) has had some HUGE games this year. Detroit's getting simms back, so their D is going to be playing much better, and that team is definitely not the same lions team from last year. Possible upset game in the making. Chicago could finally pull their heads out for a big game and again, if . Pitt is a possible loss...This isn't the Joey Flacco of last year.

I respectfully disagree with just about everything in your original post, ESPECIALLy pitt and balt winning out.

As far as the colts go, we win. It's a winnable game.

Besides, do you really want Peyton, I torched the broncos out of the playoffs back to back years Manning going 16-0? Seriously? I know (and respect) the fact that he's going to go down as one of, if not THE greatest of all time, but I hate the guy. I hate the colts and i hate peyton ****ing manning. He has killed our bronco dreams on numerous occasions, and in no scenario do I root for his teams' perfection.

Anywho, even if they do pull out a win sunday, I just don't see pitt or baltimore making those runs. They're both too unreliable this year.

Interesting thoughts on Jax, but I think peyton can get over on the 23rd ranked pass defense before they sit him in the second half.

Obviously these opions are through orange colored glasses
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its funny that people here are so concerned with our 8-4 broncos losing both to indy and philly, yet are very generous to assume that Baltimore and Pitt will have no trouble winning their games.
Or that we'll beat KC and Oakland. Cosmically we just need to worry about one team...Indy.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote