The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default blitzing peyton manning

doesnt work. period.

rather, if teh gameplan is to go out and blitz him all day long, lets not even board the plane. 5 sacks and QB rating of 112 on blitz's to peyton.

when we bring additional pressure, my guess it will be a corner blitz or someone quick off the edge, no LBs up the gut i would guess because that leaves the middle of the field open for addai or clark or whoever is crossing, and peyton will hit them.

gonna have to rely on the front 4 to get it done, i assume ayers and elvis will be playing a lot .
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

According to SI.com's splits on Manning, teams have blitzed him 106 times this yr. On those plays - 5 sacks and a QB rating of 112.3
Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
According to SI.com's splits on Manning, teams have blitzed him 106 times this yr. On those plays - 5 sacks and a QB rating of 112.3

Could see a game more like what we did vs New England. You dont have to always get to Manning or Brady to frustrate them.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

You need to not show him what you are going to do, but very rarely blitz and when you blitz, bring the house.

The thing that worries me is that they run a very fast offense which will prevent us from substituting as much as we like, that could hurt us in the long run.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

McD's seen enough of Jughead to know what works he'll have something for them maybe a little widhorses
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

"Vert fast Offense: is not a phrase I would have asssociated with the guy who wanders around, talks BS to the players yelling nonsense, lines up and steps once, stops, moves around, points to the D, lines up and finally snaps the ball.

NOw if you mean they watch for the 12 man possibles, yes. However, I have seen Indy caught with that a couple of times.....

I just don't like melonhead.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Guys, guys, guys...

His nickname is fetushead. Because his head looks like the head of a fetus.

Sheesh, get it right.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

This is the game where our decorated secondary is gonna shut the white thunder down...Champ, Bdawk, Goodman, and of course, the new addition, Ty Law. I'm starting to think maybe Josh had a little something in mind when he was brought in. Doesn't Law have more pics against manning than anyone else?

Anywho, I think we drop back and pick peyton apart all night.

This is the most relentless and talented group of pro-bowlers I can remember in one backfield...and they all hate #18.

There will be at least three int's IMO
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Here comes Satan!
Attached Images

Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
doesnt work. period.

rather, if teh gameplan is to go out and blitz him all day long, lets not even board the plane. 5 sacks and QB rating of 112 on blitz's to peyton.

when we bring additional pressure, my guess it will be a corner blitz or someone quick off the edge, no LBs up the gut i would guess because that leaves the middle of the field open for addai or clark or whoever is crossing, and peyton will hit them.

gonna have to rely on the front 4 to get it done, i assume ayers and elvis will be playing a lot .
You don't spit into the wind and you don't pull on Superman's cape.

Seems to me you play Indy to contain them. No turnovers and don't give them the big plays. Indy can nickle and dime you also, but frustrate their big plays and maybe Denver can deal them a loss finally.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
Here comes Satan!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #12
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

To be effective against Manning, you need to time your blitzes very well and you are going to have to show things he hasn't seen on film since he is a quick study, so if just showing him what you usually show other teams, he will pick you apart. The Pats would do some exotic type of blitzes and looks when they were the most effective against him. Doesn't hurt to say the least if you can get a strong push from your DL and LB's too.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I love the Manning commericals were he plays a complete dimwit but deep down we all know he might be the smartest QB that ever played the game. "Dumb like a fox"
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

To be effective agaisnt manning, the key is getting a push up the middle so he can't step up in the pocket. now, regardless, he's gonna have his successes. But if you've watched those old new england games, he can get frustrated when he's consistently throwing off his back foot.

Now, thisi s easier said than done.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

You can't blitz manning and you also can't sit back in coverage for 5 seconds and let their receivers roam around. The only way to beat the Colts is stuff the run and get pressure with your front 4. At least in a 3-4 defense you can somewhat disguise who that 4th person is and where they come from.

You have to limit the amount of touches they have and chew up clock when you have it. So look for the Broncos to try and control this game with their own running attack.

And probably most important thing of all, you cannot settle for FG's if you get into the red zone, you need to convert and score TD's, period. The offense needs to score at least 28 points to win this game. I think if the Broncos can limit the quick scoring drives of the Colts and the big plays, make them earn everything slowly, you have a chance.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Guys, guys, guys...

His nickname is fetushead. Because his head looks like the head of a fetus.

Sheesh, get it right.
What the hell are you talking about?

He has been "peanut head" around here for years. Do we need to settle this with a new thread and public poll?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Manning needs to be pressured, period.

Stats like these are useless... you can blitz someone and have absolutely no pressure, in which case I'm sure Manning lit up the secondary when he had a blitz coming, time to throw, and less people in coverage.

We need to blitz and effectively put pressure on Manning. If we do not pressure him, he will light us up all day.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Let me correct you.... He is an eggplant head.

It will be simple to beat Indianpolis, Just follow the blue print of........ you know, the team that beat them this year. Just do what they did and we will have success.

Running the wild Horses will not keep Peyton from throwing all over the field. We need some sort of new look defense to throw him off balance.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Manning is just amazing at getting teams to tip their hands before the play starts. I liked what the Cards did to Favre last night. Bunching the LBs right up till the snap so Favre couldn't read the D.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You can't blitz manning and you also can't sit back in coverage for 5 seconds and let their receivers roam around. The only way to beat the Colts is stuff the run and get pressure with your front 4. At least in a 3-4 defense you can somewhat disguise who that 4th person is and where they come from.

You have to limit the amount of touches they have and chew up clock when you have it. So look for the Broncos to try and control this game with their own running attack.

And probably most important thing of all, you cannot settle for FG's if you get into the red zone, you need to convert and score TD's, period. The offense needs to score at least 28 points to win this game. I think if the Broncos can limit the quick scoring drives of the Colts and the big plays, make them earn everything slowly, you have a chance.
This!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #21
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcMotherEffin007 View Post
Manning needs to be pressured, period.

Stats like these are useless... you can blitz someone and have absolutely no pressure, in which case I'm sure Manning lit up the secondary when he had a blitz coming, time to throw, and less people in coverage.

We need to blitz and effectively put pressure on Manning. If we do not pressure him, he will light us up all day.
This is also my way of thinking. Yes, we have an awesome secondary (one of the best in the NFL). It won't mean anything unless we make Manning hurry his throws...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

You have to blitz and pressure Manning to slow him down. The key is not to declare too early. Peyton gets defenses to do this all the time and that's when he'll read what's going on or check to a different play.

When the Chargers play him, they either show him a fake look to get Peyton to audible and then they wait until there's a few seconds on the play clock to line up where they really want to go . By that time, it's too late for Peyton or the o-line to make adustments.

I and other Charger fans always used to wonder why the defense only seems to give all these confusing looks to the Colts and not when they play anyone else. It's because Peyton actually brings this upon himself with all the calls he likes to do pre-snap.

When you read that you can't blitz Manning because it doesn't work, it's simply not true. You have to blitz him otherwise he'll just pick you apart all day long. That's where the 3-4 comes in good against him because you can blitz and confuse him without having to bring the house. Still he will burn you on occasion but you can't play defense scared like that against him.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #23
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The only reason that Manning is so good on blitzes, is because they are usually poorly disguised! Peyton does a lot of bullshyt to try to get D's to show their hand early and then hits the hot read. We have the coverage to frustrate him and even on blitzes the key will disguise and change the look we give before bringing the heat. I love my boy Collie, but the first time Dawkins tattos the BYU Fight Song on his ass he will slow up and Adai and that running game couldn't rush it's way out of a wet paper sack!

Keys to the Win:
1- run the damn ball! Chew up clock with Moreno Buckhalter, and hell yes HILLIS!!!
2- don't give Peyton a clean look at the pre-snap D. Make him be the guy guessing! Don't buy into all the Hocus Pocus Flim Flam HorseShyt that Manning does, just for show, before the snap!
3- RUN THE DAMN BALL!! Did I mention that yet? lol! Keep Captian Fetus Peaut-head off the field!!!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
Bronco Warrior
Opinionated Jerk

Ranting Maniac!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Manning is just amazing at getting teams to tip their hands before the play starts. I liked what the Cards did to Favre last night. Bunching the LBs right up till the snap so Favre couldn't read the D.
Good call..perfect example of what I was saying! Nolan is a genius..look for some creative Stuff like that! The 3-4 is always more of a problem for Manning. And a blitz is counted if you bring aybody but your front line...not an accurate stat!
Bronco Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #25
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

So....dont blitz, dont stay back....so basically dont play the, cause were gonna lose??
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote