The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Cutler Is Maturing!

Jay Cutler: You should blame me for Bears' woes

Cutler accepts responsibility for Bears' woes, makes plea to front office for reinforcements
Comments

December 3, 2009
BY BRAD BIGGS

In his most candid news conference since joining the Bears, Jay Cutler took on all questions, including some regarding Brian Urlacher's contention that his arrival cost the team its identity on offense.

Cutler accepted blame, insisted his record is most important and called the criticism he has received ''100 percent fair.'' Then he essentially called on the Bears' front office to provide a better supporting cast.

This is where the Bears have sunk -- sitting at 4-7 and having to address pointed commentary about their demise from their own.

It's a tough spot for general manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith, who've been stunned by the nosedive that followed a 3-1 start. With few of the key characters available until Wednesday, the Urlacher saga dragged on for the weary Bears, who defensive tackle Tommie Harris said have had ''a lot of cheap shots taken at us'' from outside the organization.

Cutler knows Urlacher's remarks can be viewed as a shot at him.

''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.

''[Urlacher] doesn't have to apologize to me. I talked to him. I understand what he's talking about. It's frustrating. It's frustrating for everybody in that locker room. I know where he's coming from.''

Frustration best describes Cutler's first season in Chicago. He has started the equivalent of three seasons during his NFL career and has a 21-27 record.

''I think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' Cutler said. ''You can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and I'm not doing very well.''

Urlacher seemed to hit on that point during a wide-ranging interview this week with Yahoo! Sports. Urlacher had said: ''We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us.''

Cutler has made mistakes -- he leads the NFL with 20 interceptions -- and has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

''Have I [changed the identity of the offense]? We've struggled running the ball,'' Cutler said. ''Brian's right. You don't have to run the ball every play. You don't have to be a running team. But when you run the ball, you have to be effective, and I think that's the most important part. There are a lot of teams that throw the ball -- throw the ball a lot -- but when they do run the ball, it's effectively. I think that's the main issue.''

Cutler acknowledged that he -- along with most Bears fans -- thought it would come together more quickly. But he was quick to point out it took 1½ seasons in Denver before the Broncos' offense started humming behind him. Cutler acknowledged instant success can happen in places such as Minnesota, something the Bears found out firsthand during a 36-10 dismantling Sunday that has Smith's defense going in the Bears' record book for the wrong reasons.

''You look at Minnesota, Brett [Favre] had a good grasp of that system, was comfortable with the coaches there, same system he had in Green Bay,'' Cutler said. ''So there are certain cases where you can stick a guy in there and make it happen. But this system is new to a lot of guys here, including myself.''

Then Cutler seemed to make a plea for help.

''It's more than just the system,'' he said. ''It's just getting the right guys in place.''

In terms of getting the right guys in place, there's little that can be done now. Cutler has stumped for wide receiver Devin Aromashodu for at least the third time in the last two months, and expectations are he will play more Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1918180,CST-SPT-bear03.article
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I smell a leader emerging here.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

boooooooooooooooooooooooo
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

h Rasta that's just your stinky ass you smell.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

please leave and never return Rasta....go be a bears fan
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Meck77
Google Blows

So Cutler is basically saying it's time to start firing guys around him.

Rasta clean the jay jizz off your chin man. You should at least swallow.

Last edited by Meck77; 12-04-2009 at 05:34 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Even the Titanic had a captain.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Dear Jay,

Shut the **** up and throw some picks. Thanks.

Love, MG
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So Cutler is basically saying it's time to start firing guys around him.

Rasta clean the jay jizz off your chin man. You should at least swallow.
DUDE
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

''i think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' cutler said. ''you can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and i'm not doing very well.''
Don't be silly Jay.

According to people like pasta and lex loser, you’re doing a GREAT job because you have better stats that Kyle Orton. Who cares about wins and losses? Your team has scored 20 more points than the Broncos, and you have more passing yards than Orton, young man. Be proud of a job well done!

Last edited by chex; 12-04-2009 at 06:17 AM..
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
[B][SIZE="3"]''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.
Here's an idea...quit throwing red zone picks and just play better in general. Yep, he's maturing alright.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #12
GeniusatWork
I like to be optimistic

But not nauseatingly optimistic

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Now your Daddy might let you marry him.

Once you reach puberty.
GeniusatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
You just need to wash your upper lip.

That's nice of Mopey to ask the FO for better players. If only they had a 1st round pick, eh?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Bite on this Rasta:

http://tradejaycutler.com/
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #15
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Guess Cutler is about as good as Shanahan when evaluating talent.

Wasn't it Cutler who said (paraphrasing) his receivers were on par with Denver's and that Devin Hester is a #1 type receiver?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #16
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Bite on this Rasta:

http://tradejaycutler.com/
This part REEKS of the TRUTH which Lex and Rasta can't seem to comprehend.

Sporting News – Cutler Overrated?
Posted in Uncategorized on December 2nd, 2009 by admin
In the November 9, 2009 issue of the Sporting News, a midseason poll of 99 players was taken, asking 16 questions about coaches, players, current MVPs, etc. Kyle Orton was selected as the most underrated player. Jay Cutler was selected as the third most overrated player. By their peers, not the media. Just sayin’
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Okay, so he's taking responsibility for the Bears' losing.

Has he asked the Bears to trade him, so that the club can get a few draft picks to get those needed reinforcements?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What's that sound I hear? Oh wait, it's just Rasta gagging on Cutler's rod again.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post

In the November 9, 2009 issue of the Sporting News, a midseason poll of 99 players was taken, asking 16 questions about coaches, players, current MVPs, etc. Kyle Orton was selected as the most underrated player. Jay Cutler was selected as the third most overrated player. By their peers, not the media. Just sayin’
I took a poll at Denny's this morning asking which QB was the biggest douchebag. Kyle Orton finished 54th. Jay Cutler was selected as the biggest douche. By people eating at Denny's, not the media. Just sayin'.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post

He's got a great arm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #21
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Jay Cutler: You should blame me for Bears' woes

Cutler accepts responsibility for Bears' woes, makes plea to front office for reinforcements
Comments

December 3, 2009
BY BRAD BIGGS

In his most candid news conference since joining the Bears, Jay Cutler took on all questions, including some regarding Brian Urlacher's contention that his arrival cost the team its identity on offense.

Cutler accepted blame, insisted his record is most important and called the criticism he has received ''100 percent fair.'' Then he essentially called on the Bears' front office to provide a better supporting cast.

This is where the Bears have sunk -- sitting at 4-7 and having to address pointed commentary about their demise from their own.

It's a tough spot for general manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith, who've been stunned by the nosedive that followed a 3-1 start. With few of the key characters available until Wednesday, the Urlacher saga dragged on for the weary Bears, who defensive tackle Tommie Harris said have had ''a lot of cheap shots taken at us'' from outside the organization.

Cutler knows Urlacher's remarks can be viewed as a shot at him.

''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.

''[Urlacher] doesn't have to apologize to me. I talked to him. I understand what he's talking about. It's frustrating. It's frustrating for everybody in that locker room. I know where he's coming from.''

Frustration best describes Cutler's first season in Chicago. He has started the equivalent of three seasons during his NFL career and has a 21-27 record.

''I think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' Cutler said. ''You can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and I'm not doing very well.''

Urlacher seemed to hit on that point during a wide-ranging interview this week with Yahoo! Sports. Urlacher had said: ''We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us.''

Cutler has made mistakes -- he leads the NFL with 20 interceptions -- and has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

''Have I [changed the identity of the offense]? We've struggled running the ball,'' Cutler said. ''Brian's right. You don't have to run the ball every play. You don't have to be a running team. But when you run the ball, you have to be effective, and I think that's the most important part. There are a lot of teams that throw the ball -- throw the ball a lot -- but when they do run the ball, it's effectively. I think that's the main issue.''

Cutler acknowledged that he -- along with most Bears fans -- thought it would come together more quickly. But he was quick to point out it took 1½ seasons in Denver before the Broncos' offense started humming behind him. Cutler acknowledged instant success can happen in places such as Minnesota, something the Bears found out firsthand during a 36-10 dismantling Sunday that has Smith's defense going in the Bears' record book for the wrong reasons.

''You look at Minnesota, Brett [Favre] had a good grasp of that system, was comfortable with the coaches there, same system he had in Green Bay,'' Cutler said. ''So there are certain cases where you can stick a guy in there and make it happen. But this system is new to a lot of guys here, including myself.''

Then Cutler seemed to make a plea for help.

''It's more than just the system,'' he said. ''It's just getting the right guys in place.''

In terms of getting the right guys in place, there's little that can be done now. Cutler has stumped for wide receiver Devin Aromashodu for at least the third time in the last two months, and expectations are he will play more Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1918180,CST-SPT-bear03.article

these bolded dont seem like a leader to me.

and howd you like the littlew sentece Rasta......has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

hmmm sounds like a trend dont you think?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #22
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Well at least he's growing up and accepting responsibility. Hopefully he has learned about greener grasses and learned to appreciate what's around him. He could be not playing football at all the way he's playing, so maybe his gratitude has increased. I don't know if that means he'll ever live up to his own hype. I just hope he keeps losing this year. After that I don't care either way.

And I love how to rasta this is the sign of "a leader". No, accepting basic responsibility for your actions is not some lofty thing leaders do. This is the bare minimum for a normal adult. All it shows is Cutler, for this week anyway, is meeting the minimal requirements in maturity for a professional of any kind. Saying "he's awesome" for doing this is like the man who boasts that he hasn't cheated on his wife in six months or beat his children in a year like it's some sort of achievement. YOU'RE EXPECTED TO DO THAT.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-04-2009 at 08:03 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

This is just more Cutler lip service. Until he leads by example, it's all a bunch of crap.

End thread.

PS: who gives a crap about Cutler anyway?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #24
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

This was aleady posted, wake up man.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #25
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
DUDE
Meck77 just had a freudian slip back to his transvestite switch hitting days in San Francisco. No big deal.