The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Cutler Is Maturing!

Jay Cutler: You should blame me for Bears' woes

Cutler accepts responsibility for Bears' woes, makes plea to front office for reinforcements
Comments

December 3, 2009
BY BRAD BIGGS

In his most candid news conference since joining the Bears, Jay Cutler took on all questions, including some regarding Brian Urlacher's contention that his arrival cost the team its identity on offense.

Cutler accepted blame, insisted his record is most important and called the criticism he has received ''100 percent fair.'' Then he essentially called on the Bears' front office to provide a better supporting cast.

This is where the Bears have sunk -- sitting at 4-7 and having to address pointed commentary about their demise from their own.

It's a tough spot for general manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith, who've been stunned by the nosedive that followed a 3-1 start. With few of the key characters available until Wednesday, the Urlacher saga dragged on for the weary Bears, who defensive tackle Tommie Harris said have had ''a lot of cheap shots taken at us'' from outside the organization.

Cutler knows Urlacher's remarks can be viewed as a shot at him.

''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.

''[Urlacher] doesn't have to apologize to me. I talked to him. I understand what he's talking about. It's frustrating. It's frustrating for everybody in that locker room. I know where he's coming from.''

Frustration best describes Cutler's first season in Chicago. He has started the equivalent of three seasons during his NFL career and has a 21-27 record.

''I think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' Cutler said. ''You can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and I'm not doing very well.''

Urlacher seemed to hit on that point during a wide-ranging interview this week with Yahoo! Sports. Urlacher had said: ''We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us.''

Cutler has made mistakes -- he leads the NFL with 20 interceptions -- and has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

''Have I [changed the identity of the offense]? We've struggled running the ball,'' Cutler said. ''Brian's right. You don't have to run the ball every play. You don't have to be a running team. But when you run the ball, you have to be effective, and I think that's the most important part. There are a lot of teams that throw the ball -- throw the ball a lot -- but when they do run the ball, it's effectively. I think that's the main issue.''

Cutler acknowledged that he -- along with most Bears fans -- thought it would come together more quickly. But he was quick to point out it took 1½ seasons in Denver before the Broncos' offense started humming behind him. Cutler acknowledged instant success can happen in places such as Minnesota, something the Bears found out firsthand during a 36-10 dismantling Sunday that has Smith's defense going in the Bears' record book for the wrong reasons.

''You look at Minnesota, Brett [Favre] had a good grasp of that system, was comfortable with the coaches there, same system he had in Green Bay,'' Cutler said. ''So there are certain cases where you can stick a guy in there and make it happen. But this system is new to a lot of guys here, including myself.''

Then Cutler seemed to make a plea for help.

''It's more than just the system,'' he said. ''It's just getting the right guys in place.''

In terms of getting the right guys in place, there's little that can be done now. Cutler has stumped for wide receiver Devin Aromashodu for at least the third time in the last two months, and expectations are he will play more Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.



http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1918180,CST-SPT-bear03.article
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I smell a leader emerging here.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

boooooooooooooooooooooooo
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,549
Default

h Rasta that's just your stinky ass you smell.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,467
Default

please leave and never return Rasta....go be a bears fan
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Meck77
Google Blows
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,539
Default

So Cutler is basically saying it's time to start firing guys around him.

Rasta clean the jay jizz off your chin man. You should at least swallow.

Last edited by Meck77; 12-04-2009 at 05:34 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #7
chex
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I smell a leader emerging here.
Even the Titanic had a captain.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,952

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Dear Jay,

Shut the **** up and throw some picks. Thanks.

Love, MG
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So Cutler is basically saying it's time to start firing guys around him.

Rasta clean the jay jizz off your chin man. You should at least swallow.
DUDE
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #10
chex
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

''i think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' cutler said. ''you can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and i'm not doing very well.''
Don't be silly Jay.

According to people like pasta and lex loser, you’re doing a GREAT job because you have better stats that Kyle Orton. Who cares about wins and losses? Your team has scored 20 more points than the Broncos, and you have more passing yards than Orton, young man. Be proud of a job well done!

Last edited by chex; 12-04-2009 at 06:17 AM..
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
[B][SIZE="3"]''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.
Here's an idea...quit throwing red zone picks and just play better in general. Yep, he's maturing alright.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #12
GeniusatWork
I like to be optimistic
 
But not nauseatingly optimistic

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I smell a leader emerging here.
Now your Daddy might let you marry him.

Once you reach puberty.
GeniusatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I smell a leader emerging here.
You just need to wash your upper lip.

That's nice of Mopey to ask the FO for better players. If only they had a 1st round pick, eh?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,467
Default

Bite on this Rasta:

http://tradejaycutler.com/
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #15
Traveler
Traveling Man!
 
Traveler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Guess Cutler is about as good as Shanahan when evaluating talent.

Wasn't it Cutler who said (paraphrasing) his receivers were on par with Denver's and that Devin Hester is a #1 type receiver?
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 AM   #16
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,889

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Bite on this Rasta:

http://tradejaycutler.com/
This part REEKS of the TRUTH which Lex and Rasta can't seem to comprehend.

Sporting News – Cutler Overrated?
Posted in Uncategorized on December 2nd, 2009 by admin
In the November 9, 2009 issue of the Sporting News, a midseason poll of 99 players was taken, asking 16 questions about coaches, players, current MVPs, etc. Kyle Orton was selected as the most underrated player. Jay Cutler was selected as the third most overrated player. By their peers, not the media. Just sayin’
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:28 AM   #17
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride
 
For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
I smell a leader emerging here.
Okay, so he's taking responsibility for the Bears' losing.

Has he asked the Bears to trade him, so that the club can get a few draft picks to get those needed reinforcements?
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,602

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What's that sound I hear? Oh wait, it's just Rasta gagging on Cutler's rod again.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,952

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
This part REEKS of the TRUTH which Lex and Rasta can't seem to comprehend.

Sporting News – Cutler Overrated?
Posted in Uncategorized on December 2nd, 2009 by admin
In the November 9, 2009 issue of the Sporting News, a midseason poll of 99 players was taken, asking 16 questions about coaches, players, current MVPs, etc. Kyle Orton was selected as the most underrated player. Jay Cutler was selected as the third most overrated player. By their peers, not the media. Just sayin’
I took a poll at Denny's this morning asking which QB was the biggest douchebag. Kyle Orton finished 54th. Jay Cutler was selected as the biggest douche. By people eating at Denny's, not the media. Just sayin'.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
This part REEKS of the TRUTH which Lex and Rasta can't seem to comprehend.

Sporting News – Cutler Overrated?
Posted in Uncategorized on December 2nd, 2009 by admin
In the November 9, 2009 issue of the Sporting News, a midseason poll of 99 players was taken, asking 16 questions about coaches, players, current MVPs, etc. Kyle Orton was selected as the most underrated player. Jay Cutler was selected as the third most overrated player. By their peers, not the media. Just sayin’
He's got a great arm.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #21
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Jay Cutler: You should blame me for Bears' woes

Cutler accepts responsibility for Bears' woes, makes plea to front office for reinforcements
Comments

December 3, 2009
BY BRAD BIGGS

In his most candid news conference since joining the Bears, Jay Cutler took on all questions, including some regarding Brian Urlacher's contention that his arrival cost the team its identity on offense.

Cutler accepted blame, insisted his record is most important and called the criticism he has received ''100 percent fair.'' Then he essentially called on the Bears' front office to provide a better supporting cast.

This is where the Bears have sunk -- sitting at 4-7 and having to address pointed commentary about their demise from their own.

It's a tough spot for general manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith, who've been stunned by the nosedive that followed a 3-1 start. With few of the key characters available until Wednesday, the Urlacher saga dragged on for the weary Bears, who defensive tackle Tommie Harris said have had ''a lot of cheap shots taken at us'' from outside the organization.

Cutler knows Urlacher's remarks can be viewed as a shot at him.

''I'm going to get a lot of blame, and I'm aware of that, and a lot of it should come my way,'' Cutler said. ''I know Brian's frustrated. I'm frustrated. There's not much we can do.

''[Urlacher] doesn't have to apologize to me. I talked to him. I understand what he's talking about. It's frustrating. It's frustrating for everybody in that locker room. I know where he's coming from.''

Frustration best describes Cutler's first season in Chicago. He has started the equivalent of three seasons during his NFL career and has a 21-27 record.

''I think head coaches and quarterbacks, it's record,'' Cutler said. ''You can go out there and throw four picks, but if you get the win, you get the win at the end of the day. It's definitely the record, and I'm not doing very well.''

Urlacher seemed to hit on that point during a wide-ranging interview this week with Yahoo! Sports. Urlacher had said: ''We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us.''

Cutler has made mistakes -- he leads the NFL with 20 interceptions -- and has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

''Have I [changed the identity of the offense]? We've struggled running the ball,'' Cutler said. ''Brian's right. You don't have to run the ball every play. You don't have to be a running team. But when you run the ball, you have to be effective, and I think that's the most important part. There are a lot of teams that throw the ball -- throw the ball a lot -- but when they do run the ball, it's effectively. I think that's the main issue.''

Cutler acknowledged that he -- along with most Bears fans -- thought it would come together more quickly. But he was quick to point out it took 1½ seasons in Denver before the Broncos' offense started humming behind him. Cutler acknowledged instant success can happen in places such as Minnesota, something the Bears found out firsthand during a 36-10 dismantling Sunday that has Smith's defense going in the Bears' record book for the wrong reasons.

''You look at Minnesota, Brett [Favre] had a good grasp of that system, was comfortable with the coaches there, same system he had in Green Bay,'' Cutler said. ''So there are certain cases where you can stick a guy in there and make it happen. But this system is new to a lot of guys here, including myself.''

Then Cutler seemed to make a plea for help.

''It's more than just the system,'' he said. ''It's just getting the right guys in place.''

In terms of getting the right guys in place, there's little that can be done now. Cutler has stumped for wide receiver Devin Aromashodu for at least the third time in the last two months, and expectations are he will play more Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.



http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1918180,CST-SPT-bear03.article

these bolded dont seem like a leader to me.

and howd you like the littlew sentece Rasta......has never had a winning season as a pro or in college.

hmmm sounds like a trend dont you think?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #22
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,473

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Well at least he's growing up and accepting responsibility. Hopefully he has learned about greener grasses and learned to appreciate what's around him. He could be not playing football at all the way he's playing, so maybe his gratitude has increased. I don't know if that means he'll ever live up to his own hype. I just hope he keeps losing this year. After that I don't care either way.

And I love how to rasta this is the sign of "a leader". No, accepting basic responsibility for your actions is not some lofty thing leaders do. This is the bare minimum for a normal adult. All it shows is Cutler, for this week anyway, is meeting the minimal requirements in maturity for a professional of any kind. Saying "he's awesome" for doing this is like the man who boasts that he hasn't cheated on his wife in six months or beat his children in a year like it's some sort of achievement. YOU'RE EXPECTED TO DO THAT.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-04-2009 at 08:03 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

This is just more Cutler lip service. Until he leads by example, it's all a bunch of crap.

End thread.































PS: who gives a crap about Cutler anyway?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #24
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

This was aleady posted, wake up man.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #25
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
DUDE
Meck77 just had a freudian slip back to his transvestite switch hitting days in San Francisco. No big deal.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Denver Broncos