The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Your Feelings On Mcdaniels

to all the McD haters, can you honestly look at what this team has accomplished in 11 games, after THAT offseason and not say to yourself that we have a pretty dam good head coach in Mcd.

Look at all the rest of the rookie head coaches, Mcd as a head coach has blown me away. Most were calling out a 3-13 record during the offseason. We are presently in the playoff race and look like a team with a new attitude (hard nosed physical football).

Already we have three classic moments this season (Bmarsh TD vs DAL, the holy stokely, just win the Mother%&%& game) If anything we should all atleast give Mcd some respect for that.

And just think that scene of Mcd pumping his fist into the crowd after a big win over NE could of easily been replaced with a certain baby batting microphones away and moping on the sideline's after losing the game for his team.
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

I think he is learning a great deal of valuable lessons this year and still winning football games which will bode well for the future.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

I was a hater at the beginning but I have seen the light and maybe more importantly, I have no problem admitting it. I absolutely love where this team is and where it is going.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I've always been a fan, but he's not perfect. I think he's gonna put together a good team in the next couple of years.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I love him like a brother. Like a short, younger brother who likes to swear and pump his fist.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I was always a supporter - but even I'm surprised at how well the team has already done this year given the way it looked like things were shaping up.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I think the rookie HC in Indy is doing a pretty good job. I think people forget they have a 1st time HC there.

I thought the 1st 6 game winning streak was very impressive but someone took their foot off the gas after the bye. Maybe I would feel better if the Broncos were prepared for the Baltimore game. I am trying to give our HC the benifit of the doubt but I will call him on things I don't think are right.

It could be worse, we could have Haley or the dude at Tampa...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think the rookie HC in Indy is doing a pretty good job. I think people forget they have a 1st time HC there.

I thought the 1st 6 game winning streak was very impressive but someone took their foot off the gas after the bye. Maybe I would feel better if the Broncos were prepared for the Baltimore game. I am trying to give our HC the benifit of the doubt but I will call him on things I don't think are right.

It could be worse, we could have Haley or the dude at Tampa...
Peyton Manning is the head coach of the Colts.

When Jim Caldwell makes a mistake, Peyton Manning makes him run laps.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
extralife
Ring of Famer

like the way he coaches, like his personality, have some qualms with his offense and the personnel side of things
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I love his and Marshall's man crush, but the decision to bring on Dawkins has had more impact than trading that quarterback, whatshisface
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

When he was first hired I was worried about the record for Belicheat coordinators becoming head coaches, but honestly looking at his enthusiasm and the product he has put on the field, I am pretty excited about the Broncos future. When he has the full compliment of players on offense and gets a few more defensive stalwarts, this team should be scary good.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I've been a McDaniels supporter from the time it was announced he was going to be our head coach.

His football acumen extends well beyond his years. Still he's a young man, and will have his faults there when it comes down to his ego getting in the way of sound judgment.
That said, I'm happy with what he's done so far. It's hard to criticize a guy who has had the success he's had.

We're in good hands.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Peyton Manning is the head coach of the Colts.

When Jim Caldwell makes a mistake, Peyton Manning makes him run laps.
Sure but they are undefeated and not losing games because they are unprepared or because of their new HC. They have been just as lucky as we have been but they haven't had a down game on one or both sides of the ball.

I think Nolan has had a bigger impact on our success than Coyer has had on the Colts. Take away the D play vs Dallas, NE and SD the 1st time, even Cinncy and we are fighting KFC and Oakland for a top 5 Draft pick next April.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I have been a fan and supporter of Coach McDaniels since day 1...... has been my adopt-a-Bronco since he was hired. I for one admit I do not know shiat when it comes to football like any professional football coach does, unlike a number of posters here claim to know.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #15
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Take away the D play vs Dallas, NE and SD the 1st time, even Cinncy and we are fighting KFC and Oakland for a top 5 Draft pick next April.
Thatís a solid argument. If you take away the offensive play this year from Indy they are 0-11 along with every other team in the NFL.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He's a hard guy not to like, despite a few things that he makes me nervous on. But at the end of the day, he seems to have the respect and attention of the team. They seem to respond to him, as evidenced by the hot start and that last great game. But the bottom line is that I could see us winning a Superbowl in the next 5 years behind him.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
like the way he coaches, like his personality, have some qualms with his offense and the personnel side of things
this.

He has made some mistakes, but overall you have to like the overall tenor of his first year.

I think the hiring of Mike Nolan to complement McDaniels was a brilliant move and as a tandem I am pretty happy with them. Offense needs work though.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I changed my mind on this guys coaching ability 2 months ago. And I was a harsh critic before that. Only needs 2 more wins to (IMO) call this season a true success.

Last edited by spdirty; 12-01-2009 at 08:39 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I have had a new perspective on coaching since I started coaching lacrosse (going on 7 years). As a coach, you see the game in a different way (all sports). One thing that always struck me about McDaniels and gave me hope (even when Cutler was traded) was his attention to detail and trust in his system. These two things can carry average teams to above average seasons. I still believe this team is at least 2 years away from being a super bowl caliber team but like they way they are going.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Thatís a solid argument. If you take away the offensive play this year from Indy they are 0-11 along with every other team in the NFL.
You're distorting the point he is making. The topic of this thread is how do you like McD, and he is stating that it isn't McD, but Nolan who has done wonders with our team. I have to agree.

All of you McD douchers who love him so much were screaming "YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM TWO YEARS!!!" at the beginning of the season when everyone claimed the sky was falling. Give him two years to realize his plan. I still say you're right.

The real damage won't be realized until year two or three when we're a team without Bmarsh, Doom, and Champ all replaced with his overrated draft picks. Give him time--it takes time to really turn something into trash.

Didn't Mangina win some games early too?
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #21
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
You're distorting the point he is making. The topic of this thread is how do you like McD, and he is stating that it isn't McD, but Nolan who has done wonders with our team. I have to agree.

All of you McD douchers who love him so much were screaming "YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM TWO YEARS!!!" at the beginning of the season when everyone claimed the sky was falling. Give him two years to realize his plan. I still say you're right.

The real damage won't be realized until year two or three when we're a team without Bmarsh, Doom, and Champ all replaced with his overrated draft picks. Give him time--it takes time to really turn something into trash.

Didn't Mangina win some games early too?
Yea, because we didn't have very much roster turnover already.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #22
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Yea, because we didn't have very much roster turnover already.
Arguably over half our team was trash. But our few stars were and are good enough to keep. But I imagine they won't be around long.

Nolan did a great job with the talent we had and whoever he has to work with. That's the guy who is the secret to our success.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #23
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
Arguably over half our team was trash. But our few stars were and are good enough to keep. But I imagine they won't be around long.

Nolan did a great job with the talent we had and whoever he has to work with. That's the guy who is the secret to our success.
The D is where most of the new starters are playing. So the retarded McD is responsible for half of the starters on defense.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Take away the D play vs Dallas, NE and SD the 1st time, even Cinncy and we are fighting KFC and Oakland for a top 5 Draft pick next April.
"We", already are.....Thanks to KingJoshBeard's genius like personnel decisions.

HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

At this point, I am completely satisfied - I think he has done a great job. We are 2 wins away from improving on last season, which actually exceeds my expectations for just bringing in a new coach, let alone all the other drama that took place this offseason.

I don't really know how it actually works on an NFL team, but I love seeing McD just as pissed or happy as I am when we win or lose. All I can say as a fan is that I love it.

That said, 2 or 3 years from now if we haven't at least won a playoff game or the division good riddance - but I seriously doubt that will happen. He's done a great job so far.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote