The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default roughing the passer

watching colts/texans, this **** is ridiculous. cant even touch the ****ing QB without gett a flag.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,044
Default

I'd have no problem with the new rules if they actually applied to Orton.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
watching colts/texans, this **** is ridiculous. cant even touch the ****ing QB without gett a flag.
Yeah, it was nonsense. The contact was inconsequential. This halo treatment is really killing the sport. They go way to far. Furthermore, if you were ever a fan of a team that had an elite QB (like Elway or Marino), you know they didnt get this kind of treatment. So why now? Why them? Its creating an imbalance in the sport and its also not applied consistently.

And what makes matters worse is when the announcers get on their soap box on behalf of the league by saying it deserves a flag because "you cant do that." Bull****. Just call it what it is. Its bull****. The league likes to think there are two teams in the league: those with an elite QB and everyone else. Last I checked there are several cities that done have Brady or Manning, that get enormous support. Goodell is a joke. Mike Perreira is a joke. And they try to act like their heads of state or something.

Last edited by lex; 11-29-2009 at 12:15 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Are you guys talking about the one on the INT? It wasn't roughing the passer. It was on the TE after the INT, but the ref called it incorrectly.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Are you guys talking about the one on the INT? It wasn't roughing the passer. It was on the TE after the INT, but the ref called it incorrectly.
No. It was when the guy barely touched Manningís head.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Are you guys talking about the one on the INT? It wasn't roughing the passer. It was on the TE after the INT, but the ref called it incorrectly.
Some guy was getting close to Manning while being blocked and he tried to deflect the pass by swatting at it and made inconsequential contact with his facemask.

BTW, this official is the same turd that called the Denver-New England game last year.

Last edited by lex; 11-29-2009 at 12:22 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,612

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

So much for telling your defense to keep their hands up to try and block a pass from the QB.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

Carson Palmer just went down on a horse collar tackle. A PF flag was thrown immediately.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBronco View Post
Carson Palmer just went down on a horse collar tackle. A PF flag was thrown immediately.
Asante Samuel just had a horse collar agianst him on an INT. No flag.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

And Indy just had a bogus PI call go their way. In every drive where theyve scored, theyve had sweet calls go their way.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

And Doofus Dierdorf defended both calls...
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
And Indy just had a bogus PI call go their way. In every drive where theyve scored, theyve had sweet calls go their way.
The face guard play? If so, that guys going to get a flag every time unless he gets his head turned around.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

The NFL is becoming a bush league, I swear.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: SkiUtah
Posts: 2,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
The face guard play? If so, that guys going to get a flag every time unless he gets his head turned around.
The face guard was PI there was a PI to get into the red zone earlier on the same drive that was a joke. #1 it was uncatchable (something that is never taken into account anymore) #2 It was very mild hand fighting. No body contact at all
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
The face guard play? If so, that guys going to get a flag every time unless he gets his head turned around.
No, this one was before that.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Dierdorf is yet again, the last to realize that the ball was tipped. BTW, these pro-Manning calls could effectively end the Texans season, which could cost Kubiak his job.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Dierdorf is yet again, the last to realize that the ball was tipped. BTW, these pro-Manning calls could effectively end the Texans season, which could cost Kubiak his job.
That would really suck if Kubiak and Fisher got fired this offseason.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #18
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan
 
PFM / Kopitar

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: So.Cal.
Posts: 6,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound
Default

NFL's motto...Our officiating is consistently inconsistent.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Yeah, it was nonsense. The contact was inconsequential. This halo treatment is really killing the sport. They go way to far. Furthermore, if you were ever a fan of a team that had an elite QB (like Elway or Marino), you know they didnt get this kind of treatment. So why now? Why them? Its creating an imbalance in the sport and its also not applied consistently.

And what makes matters worse is when the announcers get on their soap box on behalf of the league by saying it deserves a flag because "you cant do that." Bull****. Just call it what it is. Its bull****. The league likes to think there are two teams in the league: those with an elite QB and everyone else. Last I checked there are several cities that done have Brady or Manning, that get enormous support. Goodell is a joke. Mike Perreira is a joke. And they try to act like their heads of state or something.
True to form. Gumbel just said the Houstons are tempting fate because they had to punt the ball back to the Colts. So, they completely ignore the dubiousness of what has happened up until now and their transitioning to blaming the Texans for whatever the outcome might be. I guess its Houstons fault Indy gets calls that other teams dont.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

And so the Colts take the lead by scoring their first TD that wasnt tainted in some way.

The sad thing is Goodell is not going away any time soon.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Bullitt with helmet to helmet contact on the play before goes ignored. Now theres a hold that of course they dont miss.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
And so the Colts take the lead by scoring their first TD that wasnt tainted in some way.

The sad thing is Goodell is not going away any time soon.
This year there will be two undefeated teams in the SB and one of them will have to come out undefeated for the year. Its all good for the NFL.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Dierdorf is yet again, the last to realize that the ball was tipped. BTW, these pro-Manning calls could effectively end the Texans season, which could cost Kubiak his job.
The Texans were still winning after the two or three calls people are b*tching about. They have nobody to blame but themselves for the last 14 pts that were scored by Indy and their own drives that were stopped by stupid, unforced errors by their suddenly inept offense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,235

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The Texans were still winning after the two or three calls people are b*tching about. They have nobody to blame but themselves for the last 14 pts that were scored by Indy and their own drives that were stopped by stupid, unforced errors by their suddenly inept offense.
No, they have reason to complain about others beyond themselves. Im sure if Kubiak wanted to he could go back and send in a league of tape of various instances where Schaub was grazed on the facemask and it wasnt called. Im also sure that he could find numerous instances of that PI contact not being called. How many points did the Texans score after that bogus PI call? That ****s deflating and it changes momentum.

Last edited by lex; 11-29-2009 at 02:16 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,776
Default

Eagles just got away with roughing on Campbell. Should have been called but wasn't. Campbell down injured, but now walking off.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Denver Broncos