The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Default The Jay Cutler pick pool...

I've got him down for three this week. Not expecting much more, unless a fourth comes from a deflected pass.

Also have dibs in fantasy group for his rating of 44.9.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

he's playing the vikings. so, he'll be playing from behind. i expect 2 or more. and another in the L column for Frown Cannon.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I'll go with three.

Two interceptions, and one camera shot of him picking his nose, pouting, on the sidelines.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'll say 2, Minny's secondary is beat up...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Popps
It's so easy

I think you have to set the over under at 3.5.

A few reasons...

1. The Bears season is basically over if they lose
2. They're playing a divisional rival
3. They're playing a tough defense.

Cutler being Cutler, those are three great reasons to go in the ****ter.

He could have 3 by the half.

This might finally be the week my Hanie thread comes to actual fruition.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I think you have to set the over under at 3.5.

A few reasons...

1. The Bears season is basically over if they lose
2. They're playing a divisional rival
3. They're playing a tough defense.

Cutler being Cutler, those are three great reasons to go in the ****ter.

He could have 3 by the half.

This might finally be the week my Hanie thread comes to actual fruition.
It also might not be by choice. The bears O Line is terrible and Jared Allen might have knocked Cutler out by the half anyway...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 AM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

If Cutler can throw 3-5 INT's... hell if he throws 2 and can hit 20 INT's on the year I will be happy.

I really want to see an epic meltdown though. I want him to be at 23 and somehow hit 30 for the season.

I just ****ing hate Chicago sports fans. I want to see them crushed after all their **** talk about how Cutler meant they were a Super Bowl team yada yada. I also want a really high draft pick that we can trade down for some extra picks.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
It also might not be by choice. The bears O Line is terrible and Jared Allen might have knocked Cutler out by the half anyway...
Thing though is... look at the Packers. You want a PATHETIC O-line there you have it. Then look at Aaron Rodgers production. Yeah he has two good WR's and an ok TE.

Cutler has a better TE though.

Rogers is already nearing 50!!! sacks on the season and he still has a QB rating over 100, and a mere 5 INT's.

Rogers has 44 sacks to Cutler's 20 (and Rogers is just as mobile as Cutler).

http://www.nfl.com/players/aaronrodg...e?id=ROD339293

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaycutler...e?id=CUT288111

Seriously compare and contrast.

Rogers is the poster boy of sitting in the back LEARNING, being HUMBLE, and REFINING his mechanics.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Rogers is the poster boy of sitting in the back LEARNING, being HUMBLE, and REFINING his mechanics.
ummm... in case you haven't heard, Canton is already working on the Jay Cutler wing for Cutler's inevitable induction.

Jay's a franchise QB, so they tell me.

Jay doesn't need to learn anything from lesser mortals, because his arm is stronger than Hercules and he locks on to his primary receiver with a speed that Mercury would envy.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

2 int's and a face full of turf from the sacks he will be taking. I am with Mock on this game, Go Vikings
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 AM   #11
Popps
It's so easy

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #12
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

2 picks and a fumble on a Jared Allen sack.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #13
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I have a feeling that ****ler won't finish this game, and I don't think it will be for his lack of production either.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think Cutler will have such an outstanding game today he will make first ballot HOF on this game alone.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #15
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

2 and a fumble.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #16
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

The "franchise" will have 2 picks and 2 others that should have been.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Interesting article from Dan Pompei in the Chi Trib today:

...maybe the Bears tackles haven't been as bad as they have been portrayed. Read more below.

Numbers games Sacking the sack theory

Many of Cutler's performance issues this season have been attributed to the "unreasonable" amount of pressure he has been under. But the numbers tell a different story.

Cutler has been sacked 20 times in 10 games this season. But 13 quarterbacks have been sacked as many times or more.

Among the quarterbacks who have been sacked as much or more who have performed considerably better are Brett Favre (21 sacks), Aaron Rodgers (44), Tony Romo (25), Donovan McNabb (22), Ben Roethlisberger (29) and Philip Rivers (20).

Let's look at it another way. Cutler has been sacked on 4.9 percent of his dropbacks. There are 22 quarterbacks who have started the majority of their team's games who have been sacked on a greater percentage. Among them are Favre, Rivers, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco.

It is possible for a quarterback to avoid sacks but still get hit an inordinate amount of times. But that does not appear to be the case with Cutler either.

In fact, Cutler has been hit at a lesser rate than the other quarterbacks in the NFC North -- once every 7.1 attempts excluding sacks. Lions quarterbacks have been hit once every 6.6 attempts, Favre 6.3 and Rodgers 5.7.

What we can determine is Cutler is not accustomed to all the pressure. Last year with the Broncos, he was sacked only 11 times.

Thirty quarterbacks were sacked more.

So if Cutler's performance has been inordinately affected by pressure, it may have more to do with Cutler than his blockers.

Comprehend the trend Blocking not all that's missing from run game Most critics lay most of the blame for the Bears' inability to run on the offensive line, and there is no question the run blocking has been inadequate.

But Matt Forte also has not helped himself very much. Forte has broken only five tackles this season, according to STATS. That is tied for 23rd in the NFL.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...59,full.column

Last edited by TonyR; 11-29-2009 at 11:30 AM..
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

make a poll. I was going to do this today but this is already up. Screw it, you failed Circle. I have him for 3.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
Williams
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If Cutler can throw 3-5 INT's... hell if he throws 2 and can hit 20 INT's on the year I will be happy.
Got your 20 already
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #20
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

all i need is a cutler fumble and i rule!!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #21
Orange4Life
Ring of Famer

I want to change my vote from 2 to 5. I think the second half looks very promising for picks!!!!
Orange4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #22
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Interesting article from Dan Pompei in the Chi Trib today:

...maybe the Bears tackles haven't been as bad as they have been portrayed. Read more below.

Numbers games Sacking the sack theory

Many of Cutler's performance issues this season have been attributed to the "unreasonable" amount of pressure he has been under. But the numbers tell a different story.

Cutler has been sacked 20 times in 10 games this season. But 13 quarterbacks have been sacked as many times or more.

Among the quarterbacks who have been sacked as much or more who have performed considerably better are Brett Favre (21 sacks), Aaron Rodgers (44), Tony Romo (25), Donovan McNabb (22), Ben Roethlisberger (29) and Philip Rivers (20).

Let's look at it another way. Cutler has been sacked on 4.9 percent of his dropbacks. There are 22 quarterbacks who have started the majority of their team's games who have been sacked on a greater percentage. Among them are Favre, Rivers, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco.

It is possible for a quarterback to avoid sacks but still get hit an inordinate amount of times. But that does not appear to be the case with Cutler either.

In fact, Cutler has been hit at a lesser rate than the other quarterbacks in the NFC North -- once every 7.1 attempts excluding sacks. Lions quarterbacks have been hit once every 6.6 attempts, Favre 6.3 and Rodgers 5.7.

What we can determine is Cutler is not accustomed to all the pressure. Last year with the Broncos, he was sacked only 11 times.

Thirty quarterbacks were sacked more.

So if Cutler's performance has been inordinately affected by pressure, it may have more to do with Cutler than his blockers.

Comprehend the trend Blocking not all that's missing from run game Most critics lay most of the blame for the Bears' inability to run on the offensive line, and there is no question the run blocking has been inadequate.

But Matt Forte also has not helped himself very much. Forte has broken only five tackles this season, according to STATS. That is tied for 23rd in the NFL.

Read the whole thing here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...59,full.column
Shut up! Just shut up! Cutler is awesome and McDummy and Bowlen lied to him and he was justified behaving like a child because he's awesome and his arm is big and it gives me wood when he throws picks and jsut SHUT UP CUSE ORTON SUKS AN CRIS SIMMS IS AWESOME AND I HATE YOU AND I KNOWS FUTBAL BETR NURRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Shut up! Just shut up! Cutler is awesome and McDummy and Bowlen lied to him and he was justified behaving like a child because he's awesome and his arm is big and it gives me wood when he throws picks and jsut SHUT UP CUSE ORTON SUKS AN CRIS SIMMS IS AWESOME AND I HATE YOU AND I KNOWS FUTBAL BETR NURRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Honey, are you off your meds again? Tell wife #1 she better keep an eye on you.
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

New stat of the day Rex Grossman threw 20 interceptions in 16 games during 06 season. Cutler has 20 in 10.5 games.

From Adam Schefter-Twiter
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote