The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #176
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I hope Hillis gets cut so you people will shut up about his ass.

If he was the best option he would be out there or haven't you idiots figured this out yet?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #177
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Was I talking to YOU!....Dumb Azz? A joke was made about Obama and made a counter saracastic comment about Reagan and the Bushes saving American Capitalism. Why don't you chill out----Dude!

Welcome to the laughter curve.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #178
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
you're an idiot. can't you take a joke without going off into some nonsensical political rant?
No he can't it fills all his spare time.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #179
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I'm a Hillis fan and don't understand why he's not seeing any game time but I have come to the conclusion that he has about as much chance of being the starting tailback for Denver as we have of drafting a white cornerback.....
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #180
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Explain why Terrell Davis lasted until the 6th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either

Hell TD was on his way to getting cut had it not been for his spectacular tackle on special teams during the Broncos playing over in Tokyo back in 1995!!

Oh well the rest is history.
all true, accept once TD got the opportunity, he made the most of it. hillis has hardly done that.

it would be great if hillis could turn into the next howard griffith, but the fact is, wether it's physical or mental, hillis cannot get onto the field. i would be surprised if he makes the team next year.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #181
Borks147
the dude abides...

not sure if has been mentioned - b/c I'm not going to read 8 pages of flaming - but if Hillis doesn't injure his hammy last season, he is probably the starting rb right now, cutler is the qb and shanny is the coach.
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #182
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Well he is getting field time on special teams. On one kick off return that I saw him, he flattened his guy to the ground, then looked for another block. I think at some point & time we'll see him run the ball.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #183
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post

If he was the best option he would be out there or haven't you idiots figured this out yet?
Yo, dude, go choke on a big one. If you don't want to hear about Hillis, then don't keep opening this frickin thread. It's very simple.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #184
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Many fans know Hillis has a huge upside and he proved what he could do last year. Hillis just didn't know....McD would give him more snaps on special teams than he was given with the 1st team in training camp and preseason games.

Kinda makes you wonder how Moreno would perform next season if McD gave him more snaps on special teams vs with the first team. How much ya wanna bet.....Moreno would not adjust very well to that scenario.

Simply put.....Hillis IS NOT a special teams player no more than Moreno or TD would have been. What we are witnessing is McD trying to enforce his will as HC. If McD is using the NE blue print of not having very many superstars...he has obviously used Hillis as his test tube example.

Peyton just needs to stay healthy and play special teams until McD cuts him in a year or two, and Peyton will just get another opportunity to play for a team that values his ability as power rushing FB and a tailback that has great hands out of the backfied.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #185
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
all true, accept once TD got the opportunity, he made the most of it. hillis has hardly done that.

it would be great if hillis could turn into the next howard griffith, but the fact is, wether it's physical or mental, hillis cannot get onto the field. i would be surprised if he makes the team next year.
Meh! The Hillis vs McD drama is just another example in the grand scheme of destiny. Its beginning to look an awful like Peyton and McD just weren't meant to exist on the same team. No big deal...it happens.

I'm sure McD has figured out he can win w/o Hillis; even if McD stubbornly went thru a 4 game losing streak where you had the Offense stuggling while Moreno and Buckhalter proved they weren't the answer for converting 3rd and short.

Hillis dosen't need to get out of McDaniels dog house as much as Hillis just might need to get out of Denver.

Last edited by rastaman; 11-27-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #186
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Meh! The Hillis vs McD drama is just another example in the grand scheme of destiny. Its beginning to look an awful like Peyton and McD just weren't meant to exist on the same team. No big deal...it happens.

I'm sure McD has figured out he can win w/o Hillis; even if McD stubbornly went thru a 4 game losing streak where you had the Offense stuggling while Moreno and Buckhalter proved they weren't the answer for converting 3rd and short.

Hillis dosen't need to get out of McDaniels dog house as much as Hillis just might need to get out of Denver.
If Hillis was smarter (ie. able to do his job 100% without mistakes) he'd be among the stars of this team because he has all the physical talent.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #187
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If Hillis was smarter (ie. able to do his job 100% without mistakes) he'd be among the stars of this team because he has all the physical talent.
Every player makes mistakes......there is no such animal as 100% perfect w/o mistakes! Hillis wasn't given ample opportunity to contribute with the first team offense from the beginning of training camp and preseason games thru 11 games thus far this season.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #188
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

McD just hates him 'cause he's catholic....oh wait...
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #189
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
McD just hates him 'cause he's catholic....oh wait...
McD can't have too many Shanny drafted players hogging the lime light!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #190
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McD can't have too many Shanny drafted players hogging the lime light!
Yeah because Dumervil, Marshall, Bailey, the offensive line...nevermind. You're dense.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #191
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah because Dumervil, Marshall, Bailey, the offensive line...nevermind. You're dense.
Oh never mind you just started walking upright! So why bother. Take care of those "Swollen Knuckles"----Why Don'tcha!
Old 11-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #192
Bronco Yoda

PUT HIM IN COACH!

You stubborn squeeky yelling F-bomb laying coach. I support you... but not on this oversight.

Get Hillis in the game!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #193
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Hillis isn't playing for a reason and it's probably a pretty good one. I have a feeling that this is going to go the same way as all the Simms humpers. Actually it already has. Every time Hillis was in the game this year he was having a bad news bears moment, and even then he was only there because Larsen was hurt. The last time I saw this much hype over a guy who's done barely anything at all was when Wesley Duke was our Antonio Gates.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #194
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Explain why Terrell Davis lasted until the 6th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either

Hell TD was on his way to getting cut had it not been for his spectacular tackle on special teams during the Broncos playing over in Tokyo back in 1995!!

Oh well the rest is history.
TD was injured most of college career

Vince Dooley had little patience with injured players...in fact he wouldn't even let most of them on the sidelines during games...they had to sit in the stands. He also rarely gave them glowing reviews when scouts would ask about them.

That's why Davis lasted until the 6th round...his injury history and lack of top notch production that resulted from it...and a coach that questioned his toughness.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #195
GeniusatWork
I like to be optimistic

But not nauseatingly optimistic

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hope Hillis has his head on straight, he has some talent. Maybe as we see the scheme change up to keep defenses guessing we'll see Hillis get a few chances.
GeniusatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #196
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post

Let's stop and think a little bit here...

No, he was not the best option nor was he was given the chance to become the best option...

Way before the preseason started, and WAY before McD could've have real proof Hillis was or was not his best option McD already went in with his plan to find guys that would be closer to what he had in New England and as soon as McD got the chance to assemble his guys, he did.
He brought in Cbuck, Lamont Jordan and drafted Moreno.

So that you coud understand, I'm going to dumb it down for you...

What that means is C-Buck, Moreno and Jordan were going to be the main components of his running game plan.
Not hillis.
Independently from any thing Hillis would have done, McD was going to stick with his 3 RB's shine, rain, or eathquake.

You know that, I know that, everybody knows that.

There's absolutely ZERO proof that Hillis absence on the field is due to his lack of skills (physical) or mental capacity to learn the system. That's preposterous!

Hillis didn't resemble anything McD had in New England, therefore he didn't know what to do with him...

If anybody here is going to challenge the intelligence of Hillis, they should start by doing so with McD, who BTW, I admire, but it frustrates me that he hasn't found a way to plug Hillis into the offense, but insist on using Lamont Jordan, and give Moreno plenty of chances despite his fumblelitis.

It sounds to me like McD has double standards. He knew he should've gone defense in the 1st round, he ****ed up, so Moreno is going to play no matter how many times he ****s up himself.
Eventually he's going to pull thru, we all hope, but...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #197
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Independently from any thing Hillis would have done, McD was going to stick with his 3 RB's shine, rain, or eathquake.

You know that, I know that, everybody knows that.

There's absolutely ZERO proof that Hillis absence on the field is due to his lack of skills (physical) or mental capacity to learn the system. That's preposterous!

Hillis didn't resemble anything McD had in New England, therefore he didn't know what to do with him...

If anybody here is going to challenge the intelligence of Hillis, they should start by doing so with McD, who BTW, I admire, but it frustrates me that he hasn't found a way to plug Hillis into the offense, but insist on using Lamont Jordan, and give Moreno plenty of chances despite his fumblelitis.

It sounds to me like McD has double standards. He knew he should've gone defense in the 1st round, he ****ed up, so Moreno is going to play no matter how many times he ****s up himself.
Eventually he's going to pull thru, we all hope, but...
So it's your take that McDaniels, a guy whose job and livelihood depends on success and winning, is going to NOT play a guy who can help him do that more than the other guys in his position? And it's because he "doesn't know what to do with him"? That's just insane. Seriously. He watched EVERY SINGLE SNAP from the 2008 season and knows EXACTLY what Hillis does well and doesn't do well. And, on top of that, he has Bobby Turner to help him in any further way needed.

You desperately need a new theory.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #198
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Hillis isn't playing for a reason and it's probably a pretty good one. I have a feeling that this is going to go the same way as all the Simms humpers. Actually it already has. Every time Hillis was in the game this year he was having a bad news bears moment, and even then he was only there because Larsen was hurt. The last time I saw this much hype over a guy who's done barely anything at all was when Wesley Duke was our Antonio Gates.
You too are drinking the McD kool-aid?
WTF?!!!
Have you looked at what the guy did last season?
Did you see the way Hillis plays football?
How can you make such a stupid ignorant comment, dude?
Really, think before you type. Hype about Hillis?
What hype?
It's not like we're basing our expectation on wishful thinking here, we're basing our expectations about Hillis abilities to play football, and actually help us out this season by the way he played last year, what he demonstrated to YOU and everybody else here that he can play football, and that he can be a huge impact in a game in a way Moreno, C-Buck and Jordan are yet to be...

Some numbers here to support what I'm saying...

Hillis last year. Started 6 games. 522 total yards (rushing/catching) and 6 touchdowns total. ZERO fumbles

Oh, and he has 1td in 4 carries this year, btw...

Moreno this year. Started 10 games, 784 total yards, 4 touchdowns 4 fumbles
Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #199
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
So it's your take that McDaniels, a guy whose job and livelihood depends on success and winning, is going to NOT play a guy who can help him do that more than the other guys in his position? And it's because he "doesn't know what to do with him"? That's just insane. Seriously. He watched EVERY SINGLE SNAP from the 2008 season and knows EXACTLY what Hillis does well and doesn't do well. And, on top of that, he has Bobby Turner to help him in any further way needed.

You desperately need a new theory.
What I'm basically saying is that Hillis was not his guy type.
There have been the same conclusions drawn that Cutler was not his guy type either.
Would you agree with that?
If so, then I need no further comments...
Old 11-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #200
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

I like Hillis, but he's too stupid to play here.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote