The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #151
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,044

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Very good point. That was also a very complicated offense and he was able to perform not only in the run game but also the passing game. Shanahan also trusted him enough to leave him in to pass protect. I find it hard to believe that he's suddenly, magically too dumb to play, or unwilling to prepare, or unwilling to be coachable. The note Popps posted is interesting, but I just have a hard time squaring its conclusions with what's already been proven about Hillis in game action (and not just in one or two games, either).
You and Taco forget that Hillis was benched earlier in the year last year for a few games and If I recall correctly it was directly related to game-readiness or the lack thereof.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #152
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Yes Moreno had a good game, but dont forget this is suppose to be a Peyton Hillis bashing thread.
Not at all. Quite the contrary.

This was a thread with a simple purpose... to throw out some information as to why one of our players might not be seeing playing time.

I'm a huge believer in the kid's physical talent. But, he's been repeatedly questioned as far as his mental ability, and again... can't even beat out Larsen for time at FB.

No one is bashing him. I think we're all just disappointed.

On the upside, Moreno will render him a moot topic of discussion, anyway.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #153
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

All he's trying to do is keep the mother ****ing bench warm.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #154
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Not at all. Quite the contrary.

This was a thread with a simple purpose... to throw out some information as to why one of our players might not be seeing playing time.

I'm a huge believer in the kid's physical talent. But, he's been repeatedly questioned as far as his mental ability, and again... can't even beat out Larsen for time at FB.

No one is bashing him. I think we're all just disappointed.

On the upside, Moreno will render him a moot topic of discussion, anyway.
Im not sure Moreno play will render the topic moot. Because people in the chatroom were still hoping for Hillis to come in at the end of the game.Not because Moreno sucks.It was because both rbs were hurting and they wanted to see him get a chance.I wanted to see him fill in the Lamont Jordan role and punish the D at the end.But it seems hes really in the doghouse. I never wanted Moreno not to start, I just wanted to see Hillis/Moreno do a Alsott/Dunn type combo on teams. But with Buck and Moreno on the depth chart its hard to do that.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #155
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Im not sure Moreno play will render the topic moot. Because people in the chatroom were still hoping for Hillis to come in at the end of the game.Not because Moreno sucks.It was because both rbs were hurting and they wanted to see him get a chance.I wanted to see him fill in the Lamont Jordan role and punish the D at the end.But it seems hes really in the doghouse. I never wanted Moreno not to start, I just wanted to see Hillis/Moreno do a Alsott/Dunn type combo on teams. But with Buck and Moreno on the depth chart its hard to do that.
Hillis contributing could do nothing but help this team. For whatever reason, he can't seem to.

Maybe he'll get it together. Let's hope for the best.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #156
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,321

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Let's be honest. You want to see Hillis succeeed because he's white. All you Hillis supporters need to just come out of the closet. He hasn't done **** all season but every week we see a Hillis thread. Just be honest about your reasons. It's O.K.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #157
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

People are still talking about Hillis?

I'll bet he's out of the league in the next 2-3 years.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #158
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Let's be honest. You want to see Hillis succeeed because he's white. All you Hillis supporters need to just come out of the closet. He hasn't done **** all season but every week we see a Hillis thread. Just be honest about your reasons. It's O.K.
I love him because he punishes defenders and catches passes like a WR. I don't care if he's white or black, asian or indian. He hasn't done **** all season because he hasn't played.........duh. It's not like the guy has been on the field all year and has layed an egg. McD just doesn't use him alot, for whatever reasons that's between those 2. If you don't think Hillis is a damn good player then you are wrong. Is he a smart guy and can learn this offense? I don't know. I know he's smart enough to plow over defenders for first downs, as we saw last year.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:04 AM   #159
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Let's be honest. You want to see Hillis succeeed because he's white. All you Hillis supporters need to just come out of the closet. He hasn't done **** all season but every week we see a Hillis thread. Just be honest about your reasons. It's O.K.
are you the OM's resident angry black man? every board has one. just come out of the closet. be honest about it. it's OK.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #160
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,282
Default

Hillis has a place in this offense. He's just not being used. And it's a mystery to me why.

I'm not saying he should start over Moreno, but he should be getting some touches. Like those passes out in the flat... Like the one Moreno dropped last night... the kind of play Hillis has proven to be very effective in.

I'm seeing Leatherhead out there at FB while Hillis is on the bench. It's a wonder McD is letting Hillis dress now.

Not that I'm saying these two players are comparable obviously... but I remember years ago watching Marcus Allen sitting on the bench for what seemed like an eternity because he was in the dog house. And the reason why is still debated today. If that can happen to him then it can happen to anyone I guess ....for any reason.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #161
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,885

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Okay, sure you disagree with Popps' first point. His second (and mine), is that you're putting your football knowledge and what you've seen from his 300 career rushing yards above what McD's seen so far and every day in practice?

Hmm, no thanks. I'll take McD's opinion anyday.
McD also thought Matt Cassel was worth trading for. Nobody's opinion is without fault.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #162
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
People are still talking about Hillis?

I'll bet he's out of the league in the next 2-3 years.
Get real maybe you should get Atwater out of your ass
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #163
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Let's be honest. You want to see Hillis succeeed because he's white. All you Hillis supporters need to just come out of the closet. He hasn't done **** all season but every week we see a Hillis thread. Just be honest about your reasons. It's O.K.
I thought electing Obama was the cure all for this...silly me.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #164
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Someone posted this earlier this year. It's interesting stuff, but none of it changes that the guy has shown to be an absolute beast with the ball in his hands. The guy flat punishes the other team.

So whatever that SIGMA profile says, tell me we couldn't use this in our offense right now:

I think he is saving him for the playoffs.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #165
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
McD also thought Matt Cassel was worth trading for. Nobody's opinion is without fault.
Do we know for sure that Cassel wouldn't succeed under better circumstances?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #166
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Explains why Hillis lasted until the 7th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either. I think he can be a useful player if given limited things to worry about because he's as dumb as a post.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #167
ShutDownPoster
some like it hot
 
ShutDownPoster's Avatar
 
Bell Biv DVOA

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 922
Default

Sorry guys couldn't resist:

What ya talkin' about HILLIS?


ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #168
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I thought electing Obama was the cure all for this...silly me.
**** Obama
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #169
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Do we know for sure that Cassel wouldn't succeed under better circumstances?
We absolutely know that Cassel WOULD succeed under better circumstances. We saw it first-hand, and the fact that McD has gotten this much out of Orton tells you that he would have more than likely had the same success with Cassel, here.

I have no problem with him wanting to make that move.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #170
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I thought electing Obama was the cure all for this...silly me.
And here you foolishily thought 20 years of the trillion dollar spending Reaga-Bushistas was such a grand idea!!!! You poor miserable soul.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #171
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Explains why Hillis lasted until the 7th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either. I think he can be a useful player if given limited things to worry about because he's as dumb as a post.
Explain why Terrell Davis lasted until the 6th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either

Hell TD was on his way to getting cut had it not been for his spectacular tackle on special teams during the Broncos playing over in Tokyo back in 1995!!

Oh well the rest is history.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #172
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Explain why Terrell Davis lasted until the 6th round and wasn't much of the focus while in college either

Hell TD was on his way to getting cut had it not been for his spectacular tackle on special teams during the Broncos playing over in Tokyo back in 1995!!

Oh well the rest is history.
Yea, only Terrell Davis was a starter by opening day. Hilis has been placed deep in a reserve role by two great offensive evaluators. This along with carrying a reputation if having problems with his assignments.

Hillis' situation is nothing remotely like TD's.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #173
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
And here you foolishily thought 20 years of the trillion dollar spending Reaga-Bushistas was such a grand idea!!!! You poor miserable soul.
you're an idiot. can't you take a joke without going off into some nonsensical political rant?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #174
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Oh well nothing is etched in stone. Its startng to look like Peyton Hillis and McD just werent ment to have a working relationship. It happens across the NFL.

McD believes he can win w/o using Hillis (although a recent 4 game losing streak will beg to differ), Hillis needs to adopt the reality that you stay where you are needed or go to a team that can use your talents.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #175
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
you're an idiot. can't you take a joke without going off into some nonsensical political rant?
Was I talking to YOU!....Dumb Azz? A joke was made about Obama and made a counter saracastic comment about Reagan and the Bushes saving American Capitalism. Why don't you chill out----Dude!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Denver Broncos