The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #401
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
So its time for Hillis to move on for better opportunities.
Why are you so obsessed with having our players "move on" to other teams?

That seems to be your MO. You never talk about the team... you only talk about the players and how they should leave Denver.

All kidding aside, are you a fan of the team in any sense?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #402
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A Peyton Hillis thread with 400+ posts?
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #403
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Why are you so obsessed with having our players "move on" to other teams?

That seems to be your MO. You never talk about the team... you only talk about the players and how they should leave Denver.

All kidding aside, are you a fan of the team in any sense?
All kidding aside....yes I'm a fan. I want to see Hillis show case his talents why he's still "YOUNG" and in the prime years of his career! If its not with Denver....Oh well, the Broncos had their opportunity. I don't want to see Hillis spend his prime years playing special teams. Hillis doesn't help Denver win games on special teams. Hillis will help contribute to Denver winning games if he's on the field every Sunday providing his unique talents that he brings to the table.

Having Hillis platoon on special teams is just a waste of talent. Now just b/c McD says thats where Hillis is the most useful that doesn't exactly make it so, especially if Hillis see's it differently.

Besides your NFL career is way too short and one play away from a career ending injury and you have short window of opportunity to land the lucurrative contract to set yourself up financially. Playing special teams is not the way to financial security.

As a result, it would behoove Hillis to get to a team that will allow him to show case his value, contributions, and talent with any team that will allow him ample opportunity to play with the first team offense b/c afterall thats where the big bucks are paid.

Remember Popps, nothing is etched in stone and players career in the NFL are short. And to a great degree too short to put the team over financial security. Players have got to get their money while they still provide a valuble need and during a time their most productive.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #404
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
All kidding aside....yes I'm a fan. I want to see Hillis show case his talents why he's still "YOUNG" and in the prime years of his career! If its not with Denver....Oh well, the Broncos had their opportunity. I don't want to see Hillis spend his prime years playing special teams. Hillis doesn't help Denver win games on special teams. Hillis will help contribute to Denver winning games if he's on the field every Sunday providing his unique talents that he brings to the table.

Having Hillis platoon on special teams is just a waste of talent. Now just b/c McD says thats where Hillis is the most useful that doesn't exactly make it so, especially if Hillis see's it differently.

Besides your NFL career is way too short and one play away from a career ending injury and you have short window of opportunity to land the lucurrative contract to set yourself up financially. Playing special teams is not the way to financial security.

As a result, it would behoove Hillis to get to a team that will allow him to show case his value, contributions, and talent with any team that will allow him ample opportunity to play with the first team offense b/c afterall thats where the big bucks are paid.

Remember Popps, nothing is etched in stone and players career in the NFL are short. And to a great degree too short to put the team over financial security. Players have got to get their money while they still provide a valuble need and during a time their most productive.
If Hillis were that much of a talent, either the Broncos would not be sitting him;

OR

Another team would have traded for him.

He would not be languishing on the 4th string if he were really as good as some of you are making him out to be.

He's a big white RB that made a few plays last year, nothing more, nothing less.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #405
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Really?

LaMont Jordan's career has turned out much better than Hillis' has.

He's put up the following numbers

892 attempts for 3,707 yards, a 4.2 career avg. with a longest of 61 yards and 28 TD's. He's also caught 158 passes for 1301 yards (8.2 avg.) and 3 TD's

That's 5,008 total yards

His best season was 2005 when he rushed for 1025 yards and caught 70 balls scoring 11 TD's. For his career Jordan has 9 fumbles total....losing 4 of them.

When Hillis plays 9 seasons...well hell, when Hillis plays 9 ****ing games, come talk to us then.
Why bother come talking to you! It should be a mute point at the conclusion of the season anyway. Because Hillis should ask McDaniel's for his out right release from Denver for a lack of opportunity and playing time with the first team offense.

Could you blame Hillis? Peyton gave it the old college try putting team ahead of himself and yet didn't get ample opportunity to compete with playing time with the first team offense. Besides the Denver backfield is way too crowded with the players McD wants to play and Peyton is not one of players McD wants to use as RB.

Should Petyon go to McD and ask for his release to latch on with a team that can use Hillis on their first team offense; McD should respectfully grant Hillis his wish. Give the man a chance to become a star elsewhere instead of forcing a 7th round pick to languish on special teams.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #406
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
If Hillis were that much of a talent, either the Broncos would not be sitting him;

OR

He would not be languishing on the 4th string if he were really as good as some of you are making him out to be.

He's a big white RB that made a few plays last year, nothing more, nothing less.
Well hopefully Peyton and his agent at the end of the season will prove you wrong. There are teams in the NFL that could use Hilli's talents. Its up to his agent to shop Peyton around the league.

Besides, Peyton having been drafted in the 7th round and languishing 4th on Denver's depth chart actually makes him a bargin pickup with another team to pull a trade for who may have a different vision of what athletic tangibles Hillis could bring to their respective teams.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #407
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well hopefully Peyton and his agent at the end of the season will prove you wrong. There are teams in the NFL that could use Hilli's talents. Its up to his agent to shop Peyton around the league.

Besides, Peyton having been drafted in the 7th round and languishing 4th on Denver's depth chart actually makes him a bargin pickup with another team to pull a trade for who may have a different vision of what athletic tangibles Hillis could bring to their respective teams.
Okay, you keep dreaming.

In the meantime, Popps' point stands until he's proven wrong.

Something's holding Peyton back from starting, and it's not McD or any other coach.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #408
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

This is one area where we differ. I want all guys wearing the Broncos jersey to play like probowlers every week. However, once they are not wearing that jersey, I only want them to play like probowlers when they are playing the Raiders, Chiefs or Chargers. They can proceed to suck balls every other week.

Don't get me wrong. If the player seems like a good person and I like them, I will wish them well in life.......but not on the football field.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #409
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:

OR

Not to semi-change the subject or anything...but speaking of big white runningbacks, Toby Gerhart is a stud..It will be cool to see if his talent carries over into the NFL.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #410
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

The Broncos needed a franchise back and drafted for 1, of course he's going to get the carries, or McD looks the fool.

Moreno has all the tools but spped, and his MCL looks healed looking at his work last week. The insertion of Holstein made a huge diffence in run blocking on the left side too.

As far as Hillis, he proved smart enough to move from FB to TB last year, and frankly, running backs aren't drafted on intelligence anway. Look at Larry Johnson.

I would say maybe stubborn like Mongo. Anyway, we might need him in the future bacause Buck has a long history of knee problems and Jordan sucks.

It's McD's team and while I personally think his draft sucked salty balls, give he had 3 #1s, and I don't how many theatrics he call pull on the sidelines before it becomes an embarrassment, anyway:

watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #411
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

FB don't get much action in FA to tell you the truth. If he leaves Denver I would predict he bounces around and plays for 3-4 teams before he is done. Mostly as a bkup fill in big back, blocker, and special teams guy. He is what he is.

If he made plays in practice he would be out there trust me, that's how football works, even in HS and College. The players who makes plays in practice, make them in games.

You really think Hillis kicking ass and is some stud and mcdaniels just is ignorant on how to use him?

Seriously think about that one.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #412
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Mock pointing out Jordan being pretty much a role player, Bucky an injury question, Hillis obviously not a coach fav is interesting.

That all points to a late round RB selection or some vet to be brought in again in the next offseason.

What about Lendale White? He could be a decent compliment to a guy like Moreno. Chances are he looks for a starting gig, but with a down yr will he get that?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #413
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Mock pointing out Jordan being pretty much a role player, Bucky an injury question, Hillis obviously not a coach fav is interesting.

That all points to a late round RB selection or some vet to be brought in again in the next offseason.

What about Lendale White? He could be a decent compliment to a guy like Moreno. Chances are he looks for a starting gig, but with a down yr will he get that?
He's a fatty with no post-collegiate game. Like JaMarcus.

What about Chester Taylor or Willie Parker? Doubtful that either Minnesota or Pittsburgh will pay these guys starter money, but neither will we. And likely that both teams will be in a better position for a SB run next year than we are, so there goes the "chance to win" angle. Guess I answered my own question about these two.

If McDaniels goes after a vet, we might have to settle for someone with an injury history trying to prove themselves: Cadillac Williams? Jerious Norwood? Leon Washington? None of those guys are as much of a threat receiving as Taylor or Parker. Hell, if NE lets him get away, who would be surprised if McD brings in Kevin Faulk?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #414
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

After Ty Law and Booger, Kevin Faulk would not surprise me one bit.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #415
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Okay, you keep dreaming.

In the meantime, Popps' point stands until he's proven wrong.

Something's holding Peyton back from starting, and it's not McD or any other coach.
Okay Company Shill. Here's to hoping Hillis proves both you, Pops and McDaniels wrong.

By the way how much could Denver look to gain in compensation should a team signs Hillis. Remember McD only wants players here that buys into his system. Should Hillis adamantly insist on leaving Denver for more opportunities?

If JFMC can get cut........why can't Hillis ask for his release?

Remember.....special team players are a dime a dozen. I'm sure all you Hillis doubters wouldn't mind a lowly drafted 7th round FB playing in another NFL city in 2010!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #416
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

There are plenty of speed backs out of college.

Someone like
Sproles or Hester would do wonders.

Frankly, our draft was piss poor, considering the picks we got for Cutler.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #417
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Bobby Knox wold look good right now.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #418
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
FB don't get much action in FA to tell you the truth. If he leaves Denver I would predict he bounces around and plays for 3-4 teams before he is done. Mostly as a bkup fill in big back, blocker, and special teams guy. He is what he is.

If he made plays in practice he would be out there trust me, that's how football works, even in HS and College. The players who makes plays in practice, make them in games.

You really think Hillis kicking ass and is some stud and mcdaniels just is ignorant on how to use him?

Seriously think about that one.
I'm banking Hillis just needs a fresh start with a new NFL team. I'm sure he would much rather have the opportunity to show another team his offensive wares that don't need him to play special teams.

McD will always throw the ST card at Peyton while tangling a chance/hope that he would give Hillis a shot. Point is, if I were Hillis I wouldn't trust that promise and respectfully visit with McD in the off season, tell him thanks for opportunity to play special teams but its time to move on. McD should respect Hillis's request and allow Hillis to take his chances with picking up another team.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #419
sixtimeseight
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
A Peyton Hillis thread with 400+ posts?
Even though he's a scrub backup RB, he's a white scrub backup RB which makes people strangely attached to him. You didn't see threads like this for other scrub backups like Ron Dayne, I wonder why.

Actually, Ron Dayne is a pretty good comparison for Hillis, although Dayne accomplished much more in his career than Hillis so far.
sixtimeseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #420
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

[QUOTE=watermock;2661310]There are plenty of speed backs out of college.

Someone like
Sproles or Hester would do wonders.

Frankly, our draft was piss poor, considering the picks we got for Cutler.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, how can you call it piss poor? It hasn't even been a whole season...You are off base on this.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #421
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I'm banking Hillis just needs a fresh start with a new NFL team. I'm sure he would much rather have the opportunity to show another team his offensive wares that don't need him to play special teams.

McD will always throw the ST card at Peyton while tangling a chance/hope that he would give Hillis a shot. Point is, if I were Hillis I wouldn't trust that promise and respectfully visit with McD in the off season, tell him thanks for opportunity to play special teams but its time to move on. McD should respect Hillis's request and allow Hillis to take his chances with picking up another team.
Then why didn't Hillis get drafted higher. What has happened since that will make those same teams now feel he should be a FA target, or trade target?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #422
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Also Rasta you can't let every player on special teams go because you want to give them a chance to start somewhere. It's called depth.

What make's Hillis anymore special then other guys on practice squad, on special teams, being bkups? Why the crusade for him and not other players not getting a chance to start.

Or is it you with your infinite scouting abilities have analyzed the Broncos and you have discovered Hillis is the one talent not being properly utilized?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #423
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post
Even though he's a scrub backup RB, he's a white scrub backup RB which makes people strangely attached to him. You didn't see threads like this for other scrub backups like Ron Dayne, I wonder why.

Actually, Ron Dayne is a pretty good comparison for Hillis, although Dayne accomplished much more in his career than Hillis so far.
Comparing Dayne to Hillis is just stupid.

Dayne was drafted in the first round, didn't have a clue on blocking, talk about dumb, and had zero recieving skills.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #424
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
This is one area where we differ. I want all guys wearing the Broncos jersey to play like probowlers every week. However, once they are not wearing that jersey, I only want them to play like probowlers when they are playing the Raiders, Chiefs or Chargers. They can proceed to suck balls every other week.

Don't get me wrong. If the player seems like a good person and I like them, I will wish them well in life.......but not on the football field.
I know we agree to disagree....thats cool. On the other hand, Peyton is such a player of great character and professionalism. He's just had the misfortune of getting caught up in the numbers game at the RB position and he's the odd man out. McD is going with the RB's he believes in and right now Hillis isn't high on McD's list of keeper RB's.

It would be selfish of McD not to honor and respect Hillis request to leave for better opportunities elsewhere in NFL due to his standup act character
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #425
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtimeseight View Post

The only person making a big deal out of the guys skin color is you. Interesting....
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote