The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #3851
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hell if Tebow is a winner then the Mcdaniels fiasco was worth it. It's that simple. His whole legacy in Denver now is tied to Tebow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #3852
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Hell if Tebow is a winner then the Mcdaniels fiasco was worth it. It's that simple. His whole legacy in Denver now is tied to Tebow.
That and a few other things.
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #3853
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
No, sir.

Fox's legacy is tied to Tebow.

McDaniels' legacy is tied to being TWO cheating scandals, being fired mid-season and posting a 3-10 W:L on his way out the door.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #3854
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Those are the few other things.
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #3855
vindico
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
For the millionth time.....Without the Hillis trade, there is no Tebow.
This doesn't even make sense. Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?
vindico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #3856
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No, sir.

McDaniels' legacy is tied to being TWO cheating scandals, being fired mid-season and posting a 3-10 W:L on his way out the door.
Obviously that will be it if Tebow stinks. But if Tebow really good, no one thought it was a great pick, and Tebow kicks ass then Mcdaniels gets some vindication. I also disagree with Fox's legacy being tied to Tebow. He actually can probably stink first 2 yrs and if Tebow hasnt played well blame it on Mcdaniels and Tebow, then get to pick is own qb. What makes you think Fox so tied to him? He didn't pick him.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #3857
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindico View Post
Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?
Yes.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #3858
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Obviously that will be it if Tebow stinks. But if Tebow really good, no one thought it was a great pick, and Tebow kicks ass then Mcdaniels gets some vindication. I also disagree with Fox's legacy being tied to Tebow. He actually can probably stink first 2 yrs and if Tebow hasnt played well blame it on Mcdaniels and Tebow, then get to pick is own qb. What makes you think Fox so tied to him? He didn't pick him.
I couldn't agree more. Without the coaching of Jerry Glanville I doubt we would ever see the likes of Brett Favre....
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #3859
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No doubt about it we would be better off with Hillis, but if Tebow hits it will blunt some of the Mcdaniels horror we went through. That is all i am saying. Not really arguing if it saves his legacy for McDaniels, just more us as fans. I'm just hoping to be competitive and not look like total crap. You could tell Broncos were a cluster**** in preseason last yr. They never seemed tough to me last yr. I'm hoping to see some edge to the broncos play from this point on and I think Tebow will provide it. He's going to be hard to stop like Vick is. That sort of trouble for a defense.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #3860
Shananahan

Quote:
No, sir.

Pretty much how I feel about it. People keep talking and posting about how if Tebow this and that, if the OL picks pan out, if Moreno and Ayers yadda yadda then McDaniels will be vindicated and such and such. Forget all that. His story with Denver has been told, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #3861
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Pretty much how I feel about it. People keep talking and posting about how if Tebow this and that, if the OL picks pan out, if Moreno and Ayers yadda yadda then McDaniels will be vindicated and such and such. Forget all that. His story with Denver has been told, as far as I'm concerned.
Yep. Tebow could go down in history has the GOAT when it is all said and done, and at best McDaniels gets an honorable mention for drafting him. It won't change leading the Broncos to the worst stretch in franchise history (I believe that's correct, or very close on the games after the 6-0 start). It won't erase the incident in London, even if what he says is true and he didn't order the filming, he tried to cover it up.

His history in Denver is locked, it was a failure. What he can do is treat it as a learning experience and if he gets another shot and becomes a long term, successful head coach, then for all but Broncos fans, he would be known as a successful coach.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #3862
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Yep. Tebow could go down in history has the GOAT when it is all said and done, and at best McDaniels gets an honorable mention for drafting him. It won't change leading the Broncos to the worst stretch in franchise history (I believe that's correct, or very close on the games after the 6-0 start). It won't erase the incident in London, even if what he says is true and he didn't order the filming, he tried to cover it up.

His history in Denver is locked, it was a failure. What he can do is treat it as a learning experience and if he gets another shot and becomes a long term, successful head coach, then for all but Broncos fans, he would be known as a successful coach.
If Tebow is GOAT, that would be a superb two-year stint.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #3863
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindico View Post
This doesn't even make sense. Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?
Some people pass this off as logic. Apparently Josh needed insurance in order to draft his first round game changing quarterback talent. That's "apparently" how "confident" he was in Tebow.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but you can't peel some people off of this position. They're entrenched and even though Hillis has proven them wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, their arguments in favor of abandoning him still come with mind bending rationalizations.

Last edited by Taco John; 06-29-2011 at 11:00 AM..
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #3864
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Some people pass this off as logic. Apparently Josh needed insurance in order to draft his first round game changing quarterback talent. That's "apparently" how "confident" he was in Tebow.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but you can't peel some people off of this position. They're entrenched and even though Hillis has proven them wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, their arguments in favor of abandoning him still come with mind bending rationalizations.
OMG, that's the logic they're using? That he traded for Quinn, so he would have a backup safety net in case Orton was hurt and Tebow failed?

That borders on idiotic. I don't know off the top of my head what veteran QBs were available in free agency, but I am sure there were options to pick up a veteran QB as insurance.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #3865
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
OMG, that's the logic they're using? That he traded for Quinn, so he would have a backup safety net in case Orton was hurt and Tebow failed?

That borders on idiotic. I don't know off the top of my head what veteran QBs were available in free agency, but I am sure there were options to pick up a veteran QB as insurance.
Well, you know... When you are using high draft picks to target your guy, you want a fall back option to make you feel comfortable. Preferably one who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't play at this level.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #3866
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Well, you know... When you are using high draft picks to target your guy, you want a fall back option to make you feel comfortable. Preferably one who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't play at this level.
Even though your post was short, I was working up to a "come on, there was no need to trade...." and then ready your last sentence. lol

Exactly. Having a guy that couldn't beat out Derek Anderson is not a very good insurance plan.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #3867
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The Browns couldn't throw Quinn in that deal fast enough after acquiring Wallace and Delhomme just a few days before the trade.

My biggest beef with the trade was that Quinn was going to be CUT anyway!

Who cares if Cheaps or whoever would've signed him?

He sucks!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #3868
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
........not really.

He drafted him, so what?

Bottom line: He couldn't develop him last year or create a game plan around him that would utilize him and win games in time to save his job.

Now it's Fox's job to do those same things. Do people credit Wade Phillips for signing Rod Smith or Mike Shanahan for developing him and helping him become something special.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #3869
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

Sheesh, Quinn was traded for before Tebow was drafted. So who's idiotic here?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #3870
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Isnt this the Peyton Hillis threeeed? heh heh
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #3871
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
........not really.

He drafted him, so what?

Bottom line: He couldn't develop him last year or create a game plan around him that would utilize him and win games in time to save his job.

Now it's Fox's job to do those same things. Do people credit Wade Phillips for signing Rod Smith or Mike Shanahan for developing him and helping him become something special.
I started a similar post. I was also going to add something about Shannon Sharpe. I doubt Wade Phillips is going to be on stage talking about what he saw in him when he drafted him from Savannah State in the 7th round.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #3872
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
I started a similar post. I was also going to add something about Shannon Sharpe. I doubt Wade Phillips is going to be on stage talking about what he saw in him when he drafted him from Savannah State in the 7th round.
Wade didn't draft him.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #3873
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Maybe... But I bet Sharpe thanks him in his HOF induction speach
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #3874
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Wade didn't draft him.
Yep....Shannon Sharpe was a 7th round pick in 1990.

Dan Reeves was head coach of the Broncos until 1993.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #3875
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqbronco View Post
Maybe... But I bet Sharpe thanks him in his HOF induction speach
Shannon Sharpe has mentioned Dan Reeves quite a bit and thanked him for giving him a chance to play in the NFL and for converting him to TE.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 06-29-2011 at 03:42 PM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote