The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #3801
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,400

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Doesn't matter how you swing it the trade of Hillis for Brady fuggin Quinn was an epic failure
Among another, the landing of Maroney for a 4th rounder. Literally makes me sick.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #3802
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

The idiot that traded Hillis is fired.
It's time to move on.
We will be fine. I trust Elway and Tebow.
We are going to win SB in couple of years.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #3803
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,680
Default

Im getting tired of people bringing up race. People liked Hillis because he was good at catching the ball and showed heart dragging tons of defenders. And probably the biggest reason was because he ran over defenders. People like players that can lay the wood. Spencer Larsen might have a big thread too if he went to another team and became a great Lb. He was one of my favorites until we wussified him at the fb position. Was he one my favorites because he was white? No it was because he was a Iron man who could Hit hard.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #3804
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Hillis was a ****ty back and a ****ty teammate in Denver.

Good for him, this year, though.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #3805
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Wow, STILL talking about Hillis in here? I dont think Shanahan getting canned got near the response...lol
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #3806
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Hillis was a ****ty back and a ****ty teammate in Denver.

Good for him, this year, though.
This is what the McD apologists actually believe.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #3807
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This is what the McD apologists actually believe.
No, it's actually what happened. Fourth string running back. Second string fullback. Never got above that.

Actually, he should apologize to you. He duped you into thinking he was the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately, you were stupid enough to take the bait.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #3808
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Im getting tired of people bringing up race. People liked Hillis because he was good at catching the ball and showed heart dragging tons of defenders. And probably the biggest reason was because he ran over defenders. People like players that can lay the wood. Spencer Larsen might have a big thread too if he went to another team and became a great Lb. He was one of my favorites until we wussified him at the fb position. Was he one my favorites because he was white? No it was because he was a Iron man who could Hit hard.
Do you really believe Spencer Larson would have made a great LB? I know it's a popular thing to say around here, but let's be very clear that both Turner and Studsville thought enough of him to pry him form the grasp of D coordinators who had the likes of Nate Webster and Niko Koutivedes starting for them, in order to make him the starter at FB over the great Peyton Hillis.

Larson can hit but he's slow and unathletic. He's a decent FB, and at best,a backup LB. Let's not get carried away.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #3809
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Wow, STILL talking about Hillis in here? I dont think Shanahan getting canned got near the response...lol
Shanahan is way too tan to get this kind of response.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #3810
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
No, it's actually what happened. Fourth string running back. Second string fullback. Never got above that.

Actually, he should apologize to you. He duped you into thinking he was the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately, you were stupid enough to take the bait.
Are you talking about the depth chart according to the worst head coach in Broncos history? Because that's a super solid argument there.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #3811
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Are you talking about the depth chart according to the worst head coach in Broncos history? Because that's a super solid argument there.
Well, if Peyton had acted like a man, instead of a petulant child in practice, he would have been first string, and the Broncos would have won the Super Bowl last year.

Again, he should apologize to you for being such a douche.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #3812
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Well, if Peyton had acted like a man, instead of a petulant child in practice, he would have been first string, and the Broncos would have won the Super Bowl last year.

Again, he should apologize to you for being such a douche.
This is what McD apologists actually believe.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3813
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This is what McD apologists actually believe.
Let me know when you can use some logic.

Hillis was crap in Denver, and couldn't rise above second string at TWO positions.

That was the reason he was traded. Nonetheless, he was traded for a backup QB which Denver sorely needed the year before.

But keep up with your Jim Brown/Peyton Hillis mythical status. You're an idiot, frankly.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #3814
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This is what McD apologists actually believe.
Well if Hillis hadn't buttsecksed Mrs. McDaniels in the ball shed things would be different.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #3815
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Let me know when you can use some logic.

Hillis was crap in Denver, and couldn't rise above second string at TWO positions.

That was the reason he was traded. Nonetheless, he was traded for a backup QB which Denver sorely needed the year before.

But keep up with your Jim Brown/Peyton Hillis mythical status. You're an idiot, frankly.
Josh McDaniels, the epic failure of a head coach / GM did not see talent beyond second string depth in Hillis. Again, that's solid stuff right there.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #3816
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

If you can provide no logic other than "I hate Josh McDaniels" then there's really no sense in posting, because you've proven that your just an illogical hate machine who can't provide a solid argument if it hit him in the ass.

Congrats.

When Elway and Ellis **** **** up you'll still blame it on McDaniels. All too easy.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #3817
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,540

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
If you can provide no logic other than "I hate Josh McDaniels" then there's really no sense in posting, because you've proven that your just an illogical hate machine who can't provide a solid argument if it hit him in the ass.

Congrats.

When Elway and Ellis **** **** up you'll still blame it on McDaniels. All too easy.
Well... he has a point.

Shanahan, who knew RB talent like no ones business, stated after 08 that Hillis would be the starter moving forward.

McDaniels, who, in retrospect doesn't know a RB from his ass, ignored that statement, practically refused to play him in 2009, and then traded him for **** compensation while trading a 4th for Maroney.

Looking back at the massive failure of talent evaluation that defines one the biggest declines and darkest eras in Broncos history, I really don't see how you can say McDaniels evaluation of Hillis can be used as a solid criticism against Hillis.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #3818
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
If you can provide no logic other than "I hate Josh McDaniels" then there's really no sense in posting, because you've proven that your just an illogical hate machine who can't provide a solid argument if it hit him in the ass.

Congrats.

When Elway and Ellis **** **** up you'll still blame it on McDaniels. All too easy.
Explain how the fact that McDaniels was canned in 1.75 seasons is not valid evidence in judging his personnel decisions.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #3819
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Explain how the fact that McDaniels was canned in 1.75 seasons is not valid evidence in judging his personnel decisions.
Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #3820
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,246

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers
Default

Hills sucked. I watched it. In three years no one will use the words good and hillis in reference to an NFL running back in the same sentence. That said mcDainiels sure sucked some ass. I'd still trade Hillis for Quinn.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #3821
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,371

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.
Again, this move made sense to the worst head coach in Broncos history. It also made sense to his apologists.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #3822
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.
Eighth string running backs generally don't have 1000+ yard seasons playing for dog**** teams like Cleveland. Thus, he's not really an eighth string running back.

We were wrong in trading Hillis. That's objectively true. Hillis is a very good power runner. He's proven that. Our running backs are either perpetually injured or suck. Brady Quinn is a god awful backup. A poor backup QB is more valuable than a pro bowl alternate RB? Really? Is that your actual argument?

Go on though...keep defending the invalid drunk, his butt buddy rasputin and the dickless pizza boy.



__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-13-2011 at 08:49 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #3823
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,142

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.
?

Second Sting? I wish! And as for a 8th string RB. 8th string atleast play Speacial Teams. What does a 3rd string QB do?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #3824
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,533

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
?

Second Sting? I wish! And as for a 8th string RB. 8th string atleast play Speacial Teams. What does a 3rd string QB do?
Take more pictures with their hand over other dudes crotches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Your timeline reads like a complicated conspiracy theory...
Please keep MacGruder out of this thread.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #3825
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,763

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default












Shall I bump all the threads where 'Maners were hoping to draft Toby?

Last edited by HAT; 04-13-2011 at 10:13 PM..
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Denver Broncos