The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #351
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

He seemed to know the TB position last year despite being a FB, including his pass routes. As a rookie...

Must of been the simple offense of Shanahan, huh....

What bullshiat.

Last edited by watermock; 12-01-2009 at 01:25 AM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #352
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,650

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
exactly.....this place could argue the importance of toilet paper
I'm always a big fan of having it around when I'm taking a ****.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #353
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

Simms, Burger and Law must be Gold leaf TP then.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #354
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Moreno now has around 688 yards rushing.

He will break 1,000 yards his rookie season -- and could surpass 1100 yards.

I expect him to come on strong in the final games.
Moreno will only come on strong if he runs out of a zone blocking
I - formation with a lead fullback blocking for him.

Denver already has the FB's to do so with Larsen and Hillis. Too bad McD is too blind and ego drivenly stubborn to realize this.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #355
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
That's correct.
Hillis needs to be given a chance to help out anemic offense.
There are a lot of things this kid can do on the field that most of our current RB's can't do half as good...
This is your brain on drugs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #356
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,045
Default

Anyone criticizing Moreno needs to go back through the last 4/5 games before the Giants and count how many negative plays were due to our OL or how many times, LBers and DL were in the backfield in lock step with Moreno.

Moreno has actually done very well in turning negative plays into 2/3 yard gains where he should rightly have been tackled in the backfield. This is probably the worst our OL has been run blocking since years ago when Nalen was put on IR after rupturing his biceps and Hamilton ended up starting at C.

At times it's been down right embarressing watching Polumbus trip over himself instead of blocking out DL/LBers, before that it was Hamilton getting shifted around easily and so on.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #357
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
He's going to be a bust!
He's going to fumble at the same clip Cutler threw interceptions here, and most of you are going to categorize his fumbles based on why they happened in order to deviate attetion to something else rather than blaming the guy himself.
Sounds familiar?

Stop whoring this guy and even comparing him to Emmitt Smith? !
Are you freakin' nuts?
The guy is too slow.
They said Emmitt Smith was too slow too....He's 5'11 217 lbs and ripped, and we hear how he's not big enough. It's to laugh. Now we hear you say he's too slow....I guess next we'll hear how he's not agile either huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFtszXrC0R0
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:48 AM   #358
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

Here's another one,against a pretty good team as well....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Zdkm-RAYo&feature=fvw
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 AM   #359
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

And here he is making plays that Hillis can only dream about making....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuwRE...eature=related
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #360
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
Sharpe played sparingly during his first two seasons in the NFL (1990-91). He didn't breakout at the tight end position until 1992, his third year in the league.
Ok, so why all the fuss about Hillis not playing in his 2nd year?

As far as Sharpe goes, he use to eat ourdefense alive in practice as the opposing team's TE. Our coaches told our defense not to get too upset when he torched them because "nobody else has a TE as good as Sharpe"

The point being is sharpe showed the coaching staff he had talent, and he earned more playing time as he developed.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #361
jhat01
Ring of Famer
 
jhat01's Avatar
 
Knuckle Dragging Homer

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West River
Posts: 1,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Moreno will only come on strong if he runs out of a zone blocking
I - formation with a lead fullback blocking for him.

Denver already has the FB's to do so with Larsen and Hillis. Too bad McD is too blind and ego drivenly stubborn to realize this.
Wow you are a real gem. I'll take his ideas as a play caller and play designer over yours every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The kid is on his way to a damn good rookie season, your love for Hillis blinds you. I liked what Hillis did last year too but you have no idea what's going on at practice or in meetings...The "blind and ego drivenly stubborn" coach does..I'll take my chances and trust that he knows a little more about the team than you do.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #362
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

here is a link of the actual SIGMA Test Doc:

http://www.hrd-rtp.com/hrtnfl/Final/..._LFTXMSxLW.doc

He gets a 1... not good.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #363
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
That's correct.
Hillis needs to be given a chance to help out anemic offense.
There are a lot of things this kid can do on the field that most of our current RB's can't do half as good...
Really?

What exactly can he do better than most of our RB's?

Break tackles?

Perhaps he can, but we've seen Moreno and Jordan steamroll people as well.

Catch passes?

Jordan has 158 career receptions.... Buckhalter has 109...Moreno is one of the better receiving RB's to come outta college the past few seasons.

Block?

If he was the best blocker, he'd be the starting FB, or at least would get more reps wouldn't you think?

Make defenders miss?

Sorry, but if you think Hillis is more agile and has better moves than Moreno or Buckhalter, then you've been sniffing his jock too long.

Big play potential?

For all the hype you heap on him, Hillis' career longest rush is 19 yards. Moreno has almost twice that as his.

Speed?

Moreno might not have had the fastest 40 time, but he definitely plays faster than he times....

I'm thinking you can't name even one thing he does better than the current crop we have....well except ride the pine.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #364
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
He seemed to know the TB position last year despite being a FB, including his pass routes. As a rookie...

Must of been the simple offense of Shanahan, huh....

What bullshiat.
Great...maybe the Vikings will pick him up off waivers next season.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #365
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,881

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

I found that link, but the only "Sigma" test I could find was Hillis' and the website is gone... where can you get other of these for other players?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #366
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Moreno will only come on strong if he runs out of a zone blocking
I - formation with a lead fullback blocking for him.

Denver already has the FB's to do so with Larsen and Hillis. Too bad McD is too blind and ego drivenly stubborn to realize this.
I love these comments from bitter Cutler whores. "McDaniels is too arrogant to start Hillis." How is benching a guy making McDaniels' ego better? If Hillis really was the awesome player you think, then how does not playing a supposedly good player make McDaniels look better? What is he gaining from doing that? He wants to win, and that more than anything else will make his reputation look good. He knows that. He's benched other rookies and veterans in favor of guys deeper on the depth chart to improve the team. McDaniels wants to win and doesn't care who he plays if they make the team better. So How is benching Hillis an ego move?

Answer: It's not. Hillis is benched because he's not smart enough to learn the offense. Rastaman is one of the bitter Cutler widows that hates McDaniels and therefore anything associated with him. He will attack every move that he makes, and anytime McDaniels benches or shows disapproval in a certain player he immediately likes them because McDaniels doesn't.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-01-2009 at 03:06 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #367
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I love these comments from bitter Cutler whores. "McDaniels is too arrogant to start Hillis." How is benching a guy making McDaniels' ego better? If Hillis really was the awesome player you think, then how does not playing a supposedly good player make McDaniels look better? What is he gaining from doing that? He wants to win, and that more than anything else will make his reputation look good. He knows that. He's benched other rookies and veterans in favor of guys deeper on the depth chart to improve the team. McDaniels wants to win and doesn't care who he plays if they make the team better. So How is benching Hillis an ego move?

Answer: It's not. Hillis is benched because he's not smart enough to learn the offense. Rastaman is one of the bitter Cutler widows that hates McDaniels and therefore anything associated with him. He will attack every move that he makes, and anytime McDaniels benches or shows disapproval in a certain player he immediately likes them because McDaniels doesn't.
Its my theory that Rasta is not a Bronco fan, and for some odd reason is gay for Hillis and Cutler...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #368
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,761
Default

Why are some people getting so sensitive over the fact that others here want a Bronco player to see some playing time?

Who knows why he isn't really playing. NONE of us no the real story anyway.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 12-01-2009 at 03:43 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #369
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,099

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Why are some people getting so sensitive over the fact that others here want a Bronco player to see some playing time?

Who knows why he isn't really playing. NONE of us no the real story anyway.
because apparently the people sitting on the bench are there ONLY because McDaniels is an arrogant coach who holds vendettas against certing players for no reason
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #370
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Wow you are a real gem. I'll take his ideas as a play caller and play designer over yours every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The kid is on his way to a damn good rookie season, your love for Hillis blinds you. I liked what Hillis did last year too but you have no idea what's going on at practice or in meetings...The "blind and ego drivenly stubborn" coach does..I'll take my chances and trust that he knows a little more about the team than you do.
Wow JHAT01 I had no idea you would follow McD into hell due to your loyalty and blind faith. Your small minded approach and buy is perfect coaching material that McD needs. You can never have too many loyalist.

But on a more serious note, surely you can see the benefits of Moreno running from the I-formation w/ a lead blocking FB.

Historically, running backs running in a single back-shot gun alignment have endured more injuries and seen their careers shortened due to the punishment they take. Whereas RB's who run from the I-formation with a lead blocking FB at least doesn't take nearly as much punishments which equals less propensity for injuries thus extending their careers.

But hey man if you are all for Moreno running the majority of time from a single backfield and taking unnecessary hits and punishment b/c he lacks a lead blocking FB and cutting his career short and inviting more injuries......more power TO YA!

One last point, the practice analogy or excuse as to why Hillis isn't getting playing time with the first team offense is a bit of a stretch! Not to pick on Orton but we all know how rough of time he was having picking up the new offense and he had bad practices as well. Yet Orton was slated as the starting QB despite he bad practices. I don't think McD values what Hillis brings to the table on "Any Given Sunday".

Hopefully before the season is over.....McD will relent and allow Hills to run some plays with the first team offense. Keeping Hillis on special teams is a waste of offensive talent. Just my opinion.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:06 PM   #371
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,761
Default

McD is still tinkering with the machine.

Sorry folks, but he does not have all the answers yet. And he'd be the first one to tell you this.

It's all a work in progress.

He's putting Moreno through all the paces to see what's what. He needs the experience and we need the evaluation. He's a top draft pick so he's a top priority. From a coaching standpoint it all makes perfect sense.

He trusts Jordan I guess. Whatever...

But from a fan stand point... I want to see someone who catches the ball in the flat, lowers the pads and smashes someone. I wan't our running game dictating. I want to see the chains move when really needed. That's just the way I like to see the running game. Others may like flashy or potential big plays every blue moon.

I'm a fan. I'm in the now. I'm not the coach building a team or evaluating my draft pick. I want to see some physical smash-mouth run-it-down-your-throat style..... now!

I want to see Sheff, BM & Hillis inside the redzone.

I want to see Sheff more... and thankfully we saw more last game.

I want to see Hillis wearing down the D.

I want to see Moreno in I formation to help him get some big plays.

I want naked cheerleaders!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #372
jhat01
Ring of Famer
 
jhat01's Avatar
 
Knuckle Dragging Homer

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West River
Posts: 1,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Wow JHAT01 I had no idea you would follow McD into hell due to your loyalty and blind faith. Your small minded approach and buy is perfect coaching material that McD needs. You can never have too many loyalist.

Hopefully before the season is over.....McD will relent and allow Hills to run some plays with the first team offense. Keeping Hillis on special teams is a waste of offensive talent. Just my opinion.
See if you leave out all the McD hate stuff, the last two sentences are cool. That being said, you automatically jump and call me small minded, having "blind faith" but the fact of the matter is that I just think he knows more about the team than you do...that's all. I think the one with the ego problem is you.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #373
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
i think the one with the ego problem is you.
pwnt.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #374
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Why are some people getting so sensitive over the fact that others here want a Bronco player to see some playing time?

Who knows why he isn't really playing. NONE of us no the real story anyway.
I don't think anyone is upset because someone likes Hillis as a player. I think where people draw the line is when we start seeing bashing of Moreno, McDaniels, etc.

Plus, the people insisting that Hillis be inserted into a starter's role are just choosing to ignore so much data, info and circumstantial evidence that it becomes suspicious as to the motive.

On the upside, only a minute handful of people seem to be unable to connect all of these dots. So, while I love Hillis' physical talents, I'm also on board with reality. The reality is that Moreno is our future, and we're running the ball effectively when are IN games and can commit to the run.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #375
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Why are some people getting so sensitive over the fact that others here want a Bronco player to see some playing time?

Who knows why he isn't really playing. NONE of us no the real story anyway.
Thank you!!!
And that's what we're all after.
Hillis is yet to prove one way or another whether he's a liability or a big boost for our offense. We all can agree that he can be the latter.
That said, people were also freaking out -me included- when by similar disturbing circumstances we weren't seeing enough of Scheffler.
I remember hearing the same kind of senseless crap that Scheffler wasn't a fit for this offense, that we should trade him, or when was McDaniels going to trade Scheffler, or if Scheffler was next in the trading block.

Now, Scheffler has been getting more playing time and showing the same abilities to make plays as he did last season.
But not with Hillis. I guess Hillis was a fluke last year...

Getting the best players on the field is whjat this is all about.
"If" by a long stretch, what is being said of Hillis is true, then where is the coaching staff to do what they need to do in order to get a player with the talent of Hillis on the field?
He can't be that bad he's still on the team...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Denver Broncos