The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #3626
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
That's beer. Indeed. What?

Are you Taco's alt?

And let me make this clear, MOST people don't hate Hillis, they hate Hillis fanboys or to use some's preferred term, nuthuggers. Not Hillis.

I dont hate Hillis. In fact, I wish to know him biblically.

Mwa ha ha ha ha...wait...what were we talking about?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #3627
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I dont hate Hillis. In fact, I wish to know him biblically.

Mwa ha ha ha ha...wait...what were we talking about?

We were discussing all of the people who have posted in this thread, a big bouncy castle, Hillis and lots of cooking oil.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #3628
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

It's weird that people still support Mcd for making this trade.
Wake up..Mcd is fired for making these type of trades.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #3629
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
...because he didnt play hurt...
I don't disagree with your point about having another back but Moreno "played hurt" more often than not including yesterday. Moreno was listed as questionable and played.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #3630
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
It's weird that people still support Mcd for making this trade.
Wake up..Mcd is fired for making these type of trades.

You need to follow the development of this thread. In your defense, it is well over 100 pages and 3600 posts, but no one is "supporting McD"...most of the people arguing realize Hillis is gone, McD is gone and arguing about it is counter productive and rather stupid.

That clear it up for you, giggles?

Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #3631
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Hollis wont start next year.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #3632
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
We were discussing all of the people who have posted in this thread, a big bouncy castle, Hillis and lots of cooking oil.

Mmmm...Hillis and oil...

Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #3633
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
You need to follow the development of this thread. In your defense, it is well over 100 pages and 3600 posts, but no one is "supporting McD"...most of the people arguing realize Hillis is gone, McD is gone and arguing about it is counter productive and rather stupid.

That clear it up for you, giggles?

you need to tell to the posters that keeps saying that Hillis is not a good back.
I will take him over Mr.'Bust' Moreno.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #3634
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
you need to tell to the posters that keeps saying that Hillis is not a good back.
Are you upset about us trading Hillis? Tell us your feelings...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #3635
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

I dont need to tell anyone anything, star shine. But it is interesting that if you project Moreno's numbers over 16 games, he ends up with 1100 yards and 11 tds...which is nearly identical to Hillis. And no one is saying Hillis is not a good back. Most of them dont care because he no longer plays for the Broncos.

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid or what?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #3636
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

hillis is a coach killer x2. (-:
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #3637
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Are you Taco's alt?

And let me make this clear, MOST people don't hate Hillis, they hate Hillis fanboys or to use some's preferred term, nuthuggers. Not Hillis.
Oh...I see.

I don't get this either. Why do you hate someone because they like something?

I don't like baseball or Lady Gaga at all.

Evidently many people like baseball and Lady Gaga.

I do not hate these people because they like baseball or Lady Gaga.

If there was a thread about baseball or Lady Gaga I would not click on it to tell those people that I hate them for liking baseball or Lady Gaga.

I don't get it. I guess I fail the Internets.

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 01-03-2011 at 12:24 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #3638
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

Are you Taco's alt?

No, most people dont hate Hillis or their fans. Most hate the fact that we got rid of him as he could have been used the last two years. Only the McD strap ons could be your "most". Plus, as stated by many, it isnt a case of who is better, but having both. Hillis didnt leave us, McD shipped him away with what turned out to be a lopsided trade and we got the short end of the stick. The haters have posted in this thread have made themselves look like complete morons. There is no way stating that Hillis could not have helped this team the last two years can be correct. It is irrational thought based on being everything Pro Broncos. Sometimes seeing problems in your franchise is what rational thought is not being a complete homer and just looking for anything positive to keep that smile from cheek to cheek.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #3639
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

he's an average back....just like Moreno

its nice to have two backs that are average, especially when they both have a penchant for being injured

McD shouldn't have let him go..but it really would have had LITTLE impact on how our season worked out...he maybe would've helped us get another win
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #3640
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I know one thing, he really screwed up my fantasy team with his late season suckage.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #3641
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
No, most people dont hate Hillis or their fans. Most hate the fact that we got rid of him as he could have been used the last two years. Only the McD strap ons could be your "most". Plus, as stated by many, it isnt a case of who is better, but having both. Hillis didnt leave us, McD shipped him away with what turned out to be a lopsided trade and we got the short end of the stick. The haters have posted in this thread have made themselves look like complete morons. There is no way stating that Hillis could not have helped this team the last two years can be correct. It is irrational thought based on being everything Pro Broncos. Sometimes seeing problems in your franchise is what rational thought is not being a complete homer and just looking for anything positive to keep that smile from cheek to cheek.
OK, you're right he would have added some yards, had he been able to give Denver what he gave Cleveland. Now, we'll leave out the fact that he couldn't or wouldn't work hard enough in practice (we don't know which it was, if McDaniels wouldn't give him the opportunity, or he didn't work hard enough to earn it) to win a spot on the field in Denver, and just go with the numbers.

Let's say Hillis' 270 rushes came in Denver.

Who's losing the carries? Moreno? He had a 4.3 YPC and Hillis had a 4.4.

The Broncos ran it 398 times (for comparison Cleveland ran it 413), so that leaves 128 carries to go around.

Kyle Orton had 22 carries for 98 yards, averaging that out, he would have had 27 for 120 yards. So, we're down to 106 carries left.

Say Moreno received 90 of those carries. That's 385 yards. Averaging out his TDs to .02 per carry, thats 2.4 touchdowns. So let's say 385 yards, 2 touchdowns.

The other 16 carries go to Buckhalter. That's 16 carries and 40 yards for Buckhalter.

What does this do to final numbers for the team?
398 carries, 1700 yards, 13 TDs.

Hillis' impact on this team, assuming he had the same numbers in Denver gives Denver an extra 166 yards and the same number of touchdowns. Denver would have moved all the way up to 19th in the NFL in rushing, (They were 26th), and it wouldn't have changed Denver's scoring offense numbers.

I look at that, and just think that giving up Hillis, who had not produced in Denver up to that point, to provide a sure thing at backup quarterback in a guy who had played well in spots for Cleveland, isn't that big of a deal. Certainly not the crazy venom that was directed at McDaniels for making the trade.

Now, had we known that Hillis would run for 1100 yards in Cleveland, probably wouldn't have made the trade. But the trade made sense at the time. What DIDN'T make sense was a month later taking Tebow in the first round, leaving yourself with three quarterbacks. Had McDaniels NOT taken Tebow, the Hillis trade would make a lot more sense, in my opinion.

Additionally, had Moreno been healthy, I think he could have produced similar, if not better numbers to Hillis, and Denver's running game likely would have been better than Cleveland's.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #3642
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #3643
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
I know one thing, he really screwed up my fantasy team with his late season suckage.
His All Pro line failed him.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #3644
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
he's an average back....just like Moreno

its nice to have two backs that are average, especially when they both have a penchant for being injured

McD shouldn't have let him go..but it really would have had LITTLE impact on how our season worked out...he maybe would've helped us get another win
Yeah. I really don't know if he would have given us any more wins, but I do know he is worth far more than Brady Quinn. He didn't look great down the stretch, but I don't know many backs who are really productive against the Steelers, Dolphins and Ravens.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #3645
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Yeah. I really don't know if he would have given us any more wins, but I do know he is worth far more than Brady Quinn. He didn't look great down the stretch, but I don't know many backs who are really productive against the Steelers, Dolphins and Ravens.
It wasn't just bad production, he got hurt. And as the Mane tells us, backs who get hurt are busts.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #3646
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Less impressive when you consider at least 10 other RBs can probably say the same.
Which again becomes really impressive when you factor in that he costs next to nothing having been a 7th round pick, and is a better than average receiving back as well. Then it becomes painful when you imagine the 1st rounder spent on Moreno for lesser production at a much higher pay rate, and where else that 1st rounder could have gone.

Last edited by colonelbeef; 01-03-2011 at 01:55 PM..
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #3647
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
OK, you're right he would have added some yards, had he been able to give Denver what he gave Cleveland. Now, we'll leave out the fact that he couldn't or wouldn't work hard enough in practice (we don't know which it was, if McDaniels wouldn't give him the opportunity, or he didn't work hard enough to earn it) to win a spot on the field in Denver, and just go with the numbers.

Let's say Hillis' 270 rushes came in Denver.

Who's losing the carries? Moreno? He had a 4.3 YPC and Hillis had a 4.4.

The Broncos ran it 398 times (for comparison Cleveland ran it 413), so that leaves 128 carries to go around.

Kyle Orton had 22 carries for 98 yards, averaging that out, he would have had 27 for 120 yards. So, we're down to 106 carries left.

Say Moreno received 90 of those carries. That's 385 yards. Averaging out his TDs to .02 per carry, thats 2.4 touchdowns. So let's say 385 yards, 2 touchdowns.

The other 16 carries go to Buckhalter. That's 16 carries and 40 yards for Buckhalter.

What does this do to final numbers for the team?
398 carries, 1700 yards, 13 TDs.

Hillis' impact on this team, assuming he had the same numbers in Denver gives Denver an extra 166 yards and the same number of touchdowns. Denver would have moved all the way up to 19th in the NFL in rushing, (They were 26th), and it wouldn't have changed Denver's scoring offense numbers.

I look at that, and just think that giving up Hillis, who had not produced in Denver up to that point, to provide a sure thing at backup quarterback in a guy who had played well in spots for Cleveland, isn't that big of a deal. Certainly not the crazy venom that was directed at McDaniels for making the trade.

Now, had we known that Hillis would run for 1100 yards in Cleveland, probably wouldn't have made the trade. But the trade made sense at the time. What DIDN'T make sense was a month later taking Tebow in the first round, leaving yourself with three quarterbacks. Had McDaniels NOT taken Tebow, the Hillis trade would make a lot more sense, in my opinion.

Additionally, had Moreno been healthy, I think he could have produced similar, if not better numbers to Hillis, and Denver's running game likely would have been better than Cleveland's.
That's just crazy. He was rookie of the week in one of his few starts. I can't think of a time he didn't produce in the games he started. He even produced in a couple of games he didn't start. He went from a nobody to a fan favorite who should start or split carries, and that was before McD was hired.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #3648
bombay
Ring of Famer

One thing about Hillis that is true: had he not gotten hurt when he was on that great run as a rookie, the Broncos would have made the playoffs, Shanahan wouldn't have been fired (at least not then), and the landscape would look a lot different in Broncoland.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #3649
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
One thing about Hillis that is true: had he not gotten hurt when he was on that great run as a rookie, the Broncos would have made the playoffs, Shanahan wouldn't have been fired (at least not then), and the landscape would look a lot different in Broncoland.
It sure was a great catch, though!
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #3650
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

what i find amazing is all the people b****ing we traded Hillis for Quinn. Keep in mind the majority of these clowns b****ed about Orton as our QB. Had the masses not b****ed so loudly about the QB position, perhaps McDaniels doesn't feel the need to try and strengthen it by trading for a former #1 pick in Quinn, which means we'd have still probably had Hillis this season.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote