The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #276
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Oh, right... because coaches always bench the better players. He just must be "performing" up a storm, huh? Can't even beat out Larsen at FB, and is 3rd on the depth chart.

Just like with Shanahan, who did everything in his power to avoid starting him.


Again, you sold us Jay Cutler as a franchise QB, so I'm not sure why you even bother. Your track record is horrid, and that's well-known.
Whats your track record like besides fence straddling with your opinions. You were wrong about the importance of Brandon Marshall and were all but ready to ship him out of town......yet w/o Bmarsh this season Denver and McD would have been 3-3 vs 6-0 and 4-7 overall. Yeah right I hear ya. With fans like you the players are definitely playing for Roman Gladiator fans. So do you give Marshal the "Thumbs-up" or "Thumbs-Down".

I'm sure for a fence straddling hack like yourself.....its a very difficult decision---you Fair Weather Player Supporter.

Broncos fans are all breathing a sigh of relief no one listened to your Dumb Azz with getting rid of Marshall or suspending him for few games.

I also noticed how you lowered the bar of expectations when Orton became a Bronco as well. You are a fraud and an opportunist and a bandwagon player fan while sucking up to the coaches, management and the owners. You are indeed a typical HACK!

Last edited by rastaman; 11-29-2009 at 07:40 PM..
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #277
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Whats your track record like besides fence straddling with your opinions. You were wrong about the importance of Brandon Marshall and were all but ready to ship him out of town......yet w/o Bmarsh this season Denver and McD would have been 3-3 vs 6-0 and 4-7 overall. Yeah right I hear ya. With fans like you the players are definitely playing for Roman Gladiator fans. So do you give Marshal the "Thumbs-up" or "Thumbs-Down".

I'm sure for a fence straddling hack like yourself.....its a very difficult decision---you Fair Weather Player Supporter.

Broncos fans are all breathing a sigh of relief no one listened to your Dumb Azz with getting rid of Marshall or suspending him for few games.

I also noticed how you lowered the bar of expectations when Orton became a Bronco as well. You are a fraud and an opportunist and a bandwagon player fan while sucking up to the coaches, management and the owners. You are indeed a typical HACK!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #278
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
OK, first off you do realize that almost 63% of Hillis 2008 rushing yards were gained against the 25th (ATL), 28th (CLEV), 30th (KC), and 31st (OAK) ranked run defenses? In fairness to him he did have a monster game against the NFL's 7th best run defense (NYJ)...however the bottom line is he ran against arguably a buffet of pussies when it came to stopping the run.

And I find it odd that you want people in here to give proof positive about what they say about Hillis...and yet you're in here saying that this is a bad decision by McDaniels.

What proof do you have that this is indeed a bad decision by him other than the player you like isn't playing?
Doesn't matter, you also forgot to mention the monster game he had against the Dolphins.
Thanks for bringing those games against a "buffet of pussies", but you know what, he did his job. He wasn't going to play down to the competition, and when you're a great player, that's what you do, you destroy the bad teams you're supposed to.
What has Moreno done against Washington, Cleveland and the Raiders?
Thought so!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #279
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Doesn't matter, you also forgot to mention the monster game he had against the Dolphins.
For the record, he was a receiver in that game, not a RB. He did almost all of his damage in the receiving game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Thanks for bringing those games against a "buffet of pussies", but you know what, he did his job. He wasn't going to play down to the competition, and when you're a great player, that's what you do, you destroy the bad teams you're supposed to.
What has Moreno done against Washington, Cleveland and the Raiders?
Thought so!
Moreno averaged 8 and 5 yards per carry his last two games. He's our future, regardless of how Hillis is worked in.

But, again... we won't have to worry about that because Hillis can't even beat out Larsen for time at FB. So, once he does... we can have a discussion about who is better.

Right now, for the second year in a row... a brilliant offensive coach has chosen to bury Hillis on the depth chart.

Again, when you have proof of the conspiracy that Shanny and McD were both in on, let us know. Until then, you're just wasting everyone's time.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #280
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,489

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

The funny thing is, last year Popps was calling Shanahan an idiot for not starting Hillis sooner.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #281
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The funny thing is, last year Popps was calling Shanahan an idiot for not starting Hillis sooner.
Of course, I never used the word "idiot," but I certainly did say that he was a better option that Selvin Young or some scrub from the practice squad. ("Cooked Crack," I believe it was?)

Sure. Not sure what's so "funny" about that, Taco. Maybe I missed something.

Naturally, had we Moreno and Buckhalter on the roster last season, we wouldn't have needed to have a Peyton Hillis discussion at all.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #282
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,648
Default

This is the thread that never ends...it just goes on and on my friends...some people, started posting it not knowing what it was, and now it will go on forever just because it is the thread that never ends...




Yes I realize the irony of posting this.
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #283
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The funny thing is, last year Popps was calling Shanahan an idiot for not starting Hillis sooner.
you make my day taco.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 AM   #284
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Hey Rusty you and Pops make a dynamic duo. Thanks for having his back and he owes you one.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #285
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
What has Moreno done against Washington, Cleveland and the Raiders?
Thought so!
A lot of good Hillis did us against the Faid last year. You know, that game that we lost when he started....
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #286
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,388
Default

Wow, so alot of you clowns think Hillis should be the starter based on his performance last year.

I guess it never occurred to any of you that perhaps Hillis was just a one hit wonder?

Happens all the time in the NFL....

Don Majkowski
Olandis Gary
Derek Anderson
Rashaan Salaam
Brian Griese

...just to name a few players who had good to great seasons only to become nothing more than marginal players at best.

Perhaps Hillis has already peaked and has reached his terminal position in the NFL.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #287
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=errand;2658549]Wow, so alot of you clowns think Hillis should be the starter based on his performance last year. [QUOTE]

Based on Hillis's performance last year, he should have been given ample and fair opportunities to compete with the first team offense during this years training camp and preseason games vs immediately getting thrown onto Special Teams and getting very few reps or any with the first team.

Hillis can't help it if McD foolishly believes he's a special teams player. Hillis just so happens to disagree with Ole' McD's decision.

Can't wait until next season McD puts Moreno on special teams as punishment for already coughing up 4 fumbles. And to pile on McD also doesn't allow Moreno any reps with the first team offense and limits his starts with the first team offense as well.

Then we can all listen to Pops say what an un-talented player Moreno is and how dumb Moreno is b/c he can't remember the offense and Moreno is fumbling too many KOR's and punts.....and so on.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #288
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Doesn't matter, you also forgot to mention the monster game he had against the Dolphins.
Thanks for bringing those games against a "buffet of pussies", but you know what, he did his job. He wasn't going to play down to the competition, and when you're a great player, that's what you do, you destroy the bad teams you're supposed to.
What has Moreno done against Washington, Cleveland and the Raiders?
Thought so!
Yes, Hillis had 7 receptions for 116 yards (47 longest) and a TD vs Dolphins....great game...against the NFL's 25th rank PASS defense

What did Moreno do vs the Browns (75 yards), Raiders (90), and Skins (97)? I dunno....maybe the same thing he did against the Giants (88), the Pats (88) Dallas (65) and San Diego (80)*?

Yet another one legged man coming intot he ass kicking contest.




* this was in game two @ Denver. He had 18 carries for 44 yards in the first SD game on road...total vs Chargers 28-124-4.4
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #289
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,640

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yes, Hillis had 7 receptions for 116 yards (47 longest) and a TD vs Dolphins....great game...against the NFL's 25th rank PASS defense

What did Moreno do vs the Browns (75 yards), Raiders (90), and Skins (97)? I dunno....maybe the same thing he did against the Giants (88), the Pats (88) Dallas (65) and San Diego (80)*?

Yet another one legged man coming intot he ass kicking contest.




* this was in game two @ Denver. He had 18 carries for 44 yards in the first SD game on road...total vs Chargers 28-124-4.4
Moreno, a 1st round pick yet to break 100 yards rushing?
That's not what I call getting contribution. What you think?

Let me know when Moreno breaks 100 yards. It may well be this Sunday when we play a lame KC team.
Maybe not.
11 games into the season and all he has to show for is not a single 100-yard game and only 4 TD's and 4 fumbles. Don't make me laugh!
The guy is a dud. He's not an impact player, is he?

Last edited by strafen; 11-30-2009 at 08:08 AM..
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #290
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Moreno, a 1st round pick yet to break 100 yards rushing?
That's not what I call getting contribution. What you think?

Let me know when Moreno breaks 100 yards. It may well be this Sunday when we play a lame KC team.
Maybe not.
11 games into the season and all he has to show for is not a single 100-yard game and only 4 TD's and 4 fumbles. Don't make me laugh!
The guy is a dud. He's not an impact player, is he?
Dude. We've already been over this 100 times. He's only started 5 games and has been splitting carries in all of them. The final yardage total isn't as important as his yards per carry, which is GREAT. They are obviously easing him into things because of the injury and holdout over the summer. Nothing at all wrong with that.

And two penalties that had no effect whatsoever on his runs cost him 30+ yards this past week. That would've put him around 120. Even without them, he was clearly very effective against the Giants.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #291
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Again, this is really simple... Hillis can't manage to win a starting job for a second year in a row.

I think he's talented, but you know what... what I think doesn't matter.

He's a back-up. We have better players in front of him.

Unless someone wants to step up with concrete proof of the conspiracy... then we can all assume the logical reasons for Hillis being deep on the depth chart.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #292
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer
 
outdoor_miner's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=rastaman;2658558]
Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Based on Hillis's performance last year, he should have been given ample and fair opportunities to compete with the first team offense during this years training camp and preseason games vs immediately getting thrown onto Special Teams and getting very few reps or any with the first team.

Hillis can't help it if McD foolishly believes he's a special teams player. Hillis just so happens to disagree with Ole' McD's decision.
Where in the world do you come up with this idea that a player can't play on Special Teams, and still get reps with the offense We have numerous starters sprinkled throughout the Special Teams units, as does every single team in the league.

urthermore, it was reported throughout Training Camp that Hillis was getting tons of playing time with the #1s. McDaniels even stated that he was the #1 short yardage back to start the year. His demotion occurred after the season started for reasons we all know.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #293
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,477
Default

this thread needs a poll.

a) Hillis isn't playing because he's dumb.
b) Hillis isn't playing because he's white.
c) Hillis isn't playing because he's Shanahan's player.
d) Hillis isn't playing because McD is a McPoopyPants.
e) Hillis isn't playing because he isn't performing in practice.

f) Hillis should play because he was awesome last year.
g) Hillis should play because he's white.
h) Hillis should play because he hasn't been given a chance yet.
i) Hillis should play because he can get a first down in short yardage.

did i cover all of the prevailing viewpoints?

for the record, i agree with e), f), h), and i)
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #294
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

[QUOTE=outdoor_miner;2658726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

McDaniels even stated that he was the #1 short yardage back to start the year. His demotion occurred after the season started for reasons we all know.
Again, the malcontents won't like it... but the rumor I heard from what sounded to be a fairly credible source said Hillis had the problems with the playbook towards the end of camp.

For the record, I believe the only reason that person shared the information with me is because I was a huge Hillis fan. I think this poster was somewhat attempting to inject some reality into my enthusiasm, and it turns out... they were exactly right.

Again, that's just one source of hearing this information of many (including the attached scouting report)... but the info did seem to turn out to be correct.

It's unlikely McDaniels punishes a guy to a major extent because of a fumble. Rather, I'd expect him to drop the hammer on a guy who wasn't up to par mentally, or being insubordinate.



As we've covered many times... there is NO QUESTION that Hillis has the physical tools to contribute to this offense, and perhaps he eventually will. But right now, it seems fairly obvious what's going on, and it's not a conspiracy. He's just not getting it done with regards to practicing, special teams and just generally doing his job.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #295
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,477
Default

[QUOTE=Popps;2658829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post

Again, the malcontents won't like it... but the rumor I heard from what sounded to be a fairly credible source said Hillis had the problems with the playbook towards the end of camp.

For the record, I believe the only reason that person shared the information with me is because I was a huge Hillis fan. I think this poster was somewhat attempting to inject some reality into my enthusiasm, and it turns out... they were exactly right.

Again, that's just one source of hearing this information of many (including the attached scouting report)... but the info did seem to turn out to be correct.

It's unlikely McDaniels punishes a guy to a major extent because of a fumble. Rather, I'd expect him to drop the hammer on a guy who wasn't up to par mentally, or being insubordinate.



As we've covered many times... there is NO QUESTION that Hillis has the physical tools to contribute to this offense, and perhaps he eventually will. But right now, it seems fairly obvious what's going on, and it's not a conspiracy. He's just not getting it done with regards to practicing, special teams and just generally doing his job.
i don't buy the whole "hillis is too stupid" argument. it's insulting to a guy who's played football all his life. he's not a QB or WR. there's not THAT much that needs to be learned for the FB/RB position. he's had years and years to learn it. i think it's more likely that he doesn't practice hard and/or doesn't listen to coaches as much as they might like.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #296
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Again, this is really simple... Hillis can't manage to win a starting job for a second year in a row.
Wrong. Hillis was the starting fullback during the first half of the 2008 season until injuries thrust him into the halfback role.

McDaniels only employs the fullback in heavy, goal-line sets, which is another reason why Hillis has had trouble finding playing time.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #297
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,845
Default

[QUOTE=Popps;2658829]
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post

Again, the malcontents won't like it... but the rumor I heard from what sounded to be a fairly credible source said Hillis had the problems with the playbook towards the end of camp.

For the record, I believe the only reason that person shared the information with me is because I was a huge Hillis fan. I think this poster was somewhat attempting to inject some reality into my enthusiasm, and it turns out... they were exactly right.

Again, that's just one source of hearing this information of many (including the attached scouting report)... but the info did seem to turn out to be correct.

It's unlikely McDaniels punishes a guy to a major extent because of a fumble. Rather, I'd expect him to drop the hammer on a guy who wasn't up to par mentally, or being insubordinate.



As we've covered many times... there is NO QUESTION that Hillis has the physical tools to contribute to this offense, and perhaps he eventually will. But right now, it seems fairly obvious what's going on, and it's not a conspiracy. He's just not getting it done with regards to practicing, special teams and just generally doing his job.

I call B.S. Who is this man in black... agent X that is said to be slipping you top secret Bronco info.

You out there agent X!

Show yourself.

.... didn't think so.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #298
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,845
Default

Put Hillis in Coach.

I'm not saying start him but he should be in the rotation. He has the best hands of all the running backs and is the best short yardage runner.

Put him in McD!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #299
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
Wrong. Hillis was the starting fullback during the first half of the 2008 season until injuries thrust him into the halfback role.

McDaniels only employs the fullback in heavy, goal-line sets, which is another reason why Hillis has had trouble finding playing time.
Hillis was not a starting RB, which is the conversation we're having.


Thanks.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #300
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Hillis was not a starting RB, which is the conversation we're having.


Thanks.
He wasn't drafted or brought in to be a starting running back. He's a fullback by trade, which was also the position he played in college.

Why would you knock him for not winning the RB position last year when Denver had no intentions of putting him there until the injuries forced their hand?
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Denver Broncos